First 3456 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I've always hated this, too. In fact, I think the fact that family members have told me this played a large part in discouraging me. I used to think that there was no such thing as an unrealistic goal, but people just seem to always crush your hopes.
    That's what parents are for.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I've always hated this, too. In fact, I think the fact that family members have told me this played a large part in discouraging me. I used to think that there was no such thing as an unrealistic goal, but people just seem to always crush your hopes.
    I know man, like my mom always telling me to be a doctor and such, and that I'll never make it in the candy tasting business. I am going to go call up hershey's tomorrow and offer them my services, that'll show mom.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Absolutely disgusting! I wanted to play football when I was in Middle school, and my father strictly told me No. I cannot stand it when parents aren't supportive. My mother has always told me she trusts me and allows me to think freely (she's sorta a hippy though..) but my father made it very difficult for me to do anything growing up. I still get hesitant when I try new thing just because I hear his voice in the back of my head telling me I won't succeed. =( I'm sorry to hear that, Uber. You can't pick your family..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Luckily for you I you so much!
    Just to let you know though, technically you can piss while your standing up, even if you are on the taco side of the isle. It's just kinda gross, but your right, you can do whatever you put your mind too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Absolutely disgusting! I wanted to play football when I was in Middle school, and my father strictly told me No. I cannot stand it when parents aren't supportive. My mother has always told me she trusts me and allows me to think freely (she's sorta a hippy though..) but my father made it very difficult for me to do anything growing up. I still get hesitant when I try new thing just because I hear his voice in the back of my head telling me I won't succeed. =( I'm sorry to hear that, Uber. You can't pick your family..
    Out of curiousity, is he an SJ?

Dali

Default My lisp

I Have a slight lisp due to an unfortunate incident when I was a toddler (involving a hot iron, my tongue and an inattentive uncle).

I was mercilessly ribbed all through my early years until I was about 13 or 14. I still do feel insecure about it sometimes. Every now and then, I do encounter the odd asshole that intentionally lisps his S'es while he's speaking to me and thinks he's being very funny. Strangely enough, this only happens with acquaintances and not friends. I give them a sharp, almost imperceptible, look and carry on like nothing happened. It's immensely satisfying to see the chastened expression that results for a few seconds on their faces.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

This might sound rude but it isn't I am just curious. How was your tongue damaged, as in what was the result of the damage. Also, how does this interfere with the formation of the S sound, I guess tongue not touching teeth as in the Th sound where it does?

Just out of pure curiousity. Sorry if it is offensive, it is not meant that way.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    ...How was your tongue damaged, as in what was the result of the damage. Also, how does this interfere with the formation of the S sound, I guess tongue not touching teeth as in the Th sound where it does?
    I licked a rather delicious looking hot iron. I'm not aware of the exact physiology behind that but my family members tell me my lisp only developed after that incident. My lisp is of the sort where one puts a greater stress on 'S' than usual and not of the sort whereby one doesn't differentiate between 'S' and 'TH'.

Just out of pure curiousity. Sorry if it is offensive, it is not meant that way.
    No worries.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not just saying this to be nice, but you don't look 37 at all. I would have guessed that you were maybe 25.
    I was also surprised by that. Do all ISFPs have such good genes?

pleasetellmeitssopleasetellmeitssopleasetellmeitss o!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not just saying this to be nice, but you don't look 37 at all. I would have guessed that you were maybe 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    I was also surprised by that. Do all ISFPs have such good genes?

pleasetellmeitssopleasetellmeitssopleasetellmeitss o!
    It is so! People always tell me I look young for my age. Which kind of sucked when I was 20 but is OK now.

I'm sensitive when people criticize my craftsmanship. :steam: