MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    You rock.
    Thanks! Likewise Bro! When I was a kid, there were a few times when some idiot decided to try and make my life hell by teasing me about one thing or another. The day I punched one kid in the mouth was the day it all ended. It's a shame life is that way, but I do not believe that I was put here by the great creator to take other people's shit.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Thanks! Likewise Bro! When I was a kid, there were a few times when some idiot decided to try and make my life hell by teasing me about one thing or another. The day I punched one kid in the mouth was the day it all ended. It's a shame life is that way, but I do not believe that I was put here by the great creator to take other people's shit.
    We should have met when I was a child. I was the quintessential withdrawn introverted-Fi kid and was picked on all the way till 6th grade (when my artist side started showing which garnered me more respect) and I wish I had learnt how to stand up for myself sooner.

The last time I was (actively) made fun of for my lisp was several years ago. Although every few months, I do get some excessively intelligent paragon of humour that imagines it to be the height of hilarity to slur his ss'ess when he speaks to me (with a bit of a satisfied, cheeky grin expression as they wait for me to start laughing at their wit). I normally affix them with a sharp, stern look that is so unlike my usual expression, they end up looking like a deer caught in the headlights. When I'm sure that they look sufficiently mortified, I continue talking as if nothing happened.

They never do it again.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

A good friend and business associate of mine has a lisp. He is totally brilliant, the guy is a full fledged actuary at the age of 28. Although he has not shaken the lisp 100%, it is obvious that he has done alot of work learning to pronounce and enunciate words to the best of his ability. He is also totally at ease and confident in himself. So, when he speaks to a group of people, which he does often, nobody really seems to care or notice his lisp as the rest of him just fits together so well.
    I think this is true. I know a guy who has a heavy stutter and he is very outgoing and talkative. He just doesn't care what people think and I think the way he just carries on with the convo and his confidence about it makes other people feel comfortable and they therefore ignore it. It seems to work out really well for everyone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Tho...any progrethth?

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

^ Hey Mo, I think Edahn's asking for it here
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I want anthers, and I want em now, dammit!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    We should have met when I was a child. I was the quintessential withdrawn introverted-Fi kid and was picked on all the way till 6th grade (when my artist side started showing which garnered me more respect) and I wish I had learnt how to stand up for myself sooner.

The last time I was (actively) made fun of for my lisp was several years ago. Although every few months, I do get some excessively intelligent paragon of humour that imagines it to be the height of hilarity to slur his ss'ess when he speaks to me (with a bit of a satisfied, cheeky grin expression as they wait for me to start laughing at their wit). I normally affix them with a sharp, stern look that is so unlike my usual expression, they end up looking like a deer caught in the headlights. When I'm sure that they look sufficiently mortified, I continue talking as if nothing happened.

They never do it again.
    We might be in jail if we met sooner, best as it is! We are all taught to "turn the other cheek" and to "take the high road" too often for the sake of surviving with one's full dignity in this modern, complex, nasty (at times) world. We have all been given the strength/skills necessary to defend ourselves, and to not use them is a waste. I have never started a fight. I have many times intervened on the part of those who chose not to, and never regretted it. Making nasty comments about others is a sure way to piss me off.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    ^ Hey Mo, I think Edahn's asking for it here
    I'm biding my time.

She attends typology meet-ups, doesn't she...

We might be in jail if we met sooner, best as it is! We are all taught to "turn the other cheek" and to "take the high road" too often for the sake of surviving with one's full dignity in this modern, complex, nasty (at times) world. We have all been given the strength/skills necessary to defend ourselves, and to not use them is a waste. I have never started a fight. I have many times intervened on the part of those who chose not to, and never regretted it. Making nasty comments about others is a sure way to piss me off.
    I agree with everything right there and I agree so hard, I'll write it to music if you'll sing it, brother!

WALMART

Isaac Brock of Modest Mouse can attribute his career to a lisp.

Such a cool voice it gives him...