User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Tomorrow Never Knows..

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    XNXP

I love that song. It's one of my favorite Beatles' songs. I heard the version on the Anthology and liked that too. I have a bootleg album where Jimi Hendrix plays a version of it, and also a jazz version from the late 60's or early 70's too. First time I heard that line "the end of the beginning" and I thought Lennon wrote it, but I guess it was Churchill ( or was it FDR ? ) ? A politician just used it again the other day re: the economic meltdown. Sort of a reassurance through frankness ( "I'm not going to lead you down the rosy path, but, yes; we have at least put one phase of this thing.... behind us." ) When I first heard the phrase, I was thinking more Zen koan, and John's puns. The version on the Love album that mixes it with "Within You, Without You" is OK, but I like having both songs. I wish they had done more trippy numbers like that. Those horns remind me of Bachir Attar for some reason.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Everytime I hear Setting Sun by the Chemical Brothers, I think of that song. Probably the beat.

YouTube - the Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Everytime I hear Setting Sun by the Chemical Brothers, I think of that song. Probably the beat.

YouTube - the Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun
    Definitely. And not by accident ( co-inky-dink ) either, IMHO. I might have believed otherwise if it had just been the drumbeat alone, but they also referenced the "telephone voice" and some of the keening sounds and drones, though speeding them up.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

After further reading, it seems they got sued, and had to bring a "musicologist" in to sort it out (whatever the fuck that is)

Not like it's hard to recreate that beat, I just did it on my blue jeans.

Man, I need a drum set.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

wow, that really sounds a lot like tomorrow never knows..weird..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?