First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    I haven't figured that out for myself, as I am not in that wagon, but I guess my motives in this area would be Fi driven.

Also, my post did come out wrong, a womans purpose isn't to poop out babies . . . I am having a hard time communicating my thoughts through text, I do require personal interaction to convey the right message as this is a very touchy subject.
    LOL, I wasn't offended, just curious
    I agree that most women are good at nurturing, but unfortunately some of us do not have that click with babies. I'd rather stick to my bf and animals, thank you very much I'd say you probably have more of a motherinstinct than I do
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Mother-sedating?

Is there something about boobs I don't know about?!
    Rather than typing it all out again, here's a post I made on INTPC when asked if women ever have sexual feelings while breastfeeding (more specifically, could breastfeeding be pleasurable to make mothers more likely to nurture babies in an evolutionary setting):

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's not offensive. It's a complicated topic, biologically and socially. I don't personally know anyone who had sexual feelings while breastfeeding, though it's possible that some of them did but nobody's willing to admit it because of the taboo. I would consider it more likely that nipple stimulation leads to two distinct kinds of positive feedback either during feeding or sex, and they both serve a distinct function.

Nipple stimulation leads to oxytocin being released, which is supposed to be linked with feelings of love and affection, and a lot of it also causes uterine contractions. I was told when I went overdue with my first child to stimulate the nipples for as long as I could stand it, and to let my partner go to town. Though I have no data about any alleged feelings of love and affection, it did cause some contractions. And likewise, after she was born, her nursing caused more of the contractions that helped the uterus go back to its normal shape.

Another hormone that is released during nursing (but this one not during sex, usually, and it's super-embarrassing when it does) is prolactin. A few seconds to a minute after beginning a nursing session, no milk comes out. At some point the milk "lets down" and starts to flow, because of this prolactin release. The letdown reflex can feel like a wave of peace washing over you. It is awesome, but not sexual.

So my best guess is that oxytocin without prolactin is more likely to lead to a sexual response, while oxytocin with prolactin is less likely to lead to a sexual response. Oxytocin, even alone, can lead to feelings of wellbeing and love and bonding, though, which is certainly a nice side effect of either nursing or sex. And prolactin is like valium. Sometimes when I would get wigged out and stressed, I'd offer the breast just to get that prolactin-induced letdown feeling of peace. The babies were always happy to oblige.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, I wasn't offended, just curious
    I agree that most women are good at nurturing, but unfortunately some of us do not have that click with babies. I'd rather stick to my bf and animals, thank you very much I'd say you probably have more of a motherinstinct than I do

Hells yeah I do, I breastfeed Chuck Norris on the side as a part time job.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Rather than typing it all out again, here's a post I made on INTPC when asked if women ever have sexual feelings while breastfeeding (more specifically, could breastfeeding be pleasurable to make mothers more likely to nurture babies in an evolutionary setting):
    Hmm I've heard about this, but didn't know the specific chemical actions involved, interesting.

Do you think mothers who breast feed until their children are 7 or 8 years old are doing it for their own selfish pleasure gain?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'd also like to point out that G Virus assumed that my Ode to Bewbz was sexual. Don't get me wrong, they've got a nice role in sexytime BUT I am a fan of the bewbz for their amazing baby-feeding and mother-sedating properties. It's a neat system.
    Nah, not at all, I wasn't alluding to you at all, I was just alluding to all the ideas swimming around in the thread. I actually enjoy reading all you have to say.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hells yeah I do, I breastfeed Chuck Norris on the side as a part time job.
    Ow. I bet he bruises.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ow. I bet he bruises.
    You wouldn't believe.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You wouldn't believe.
    LOL.

Ok, so why do don't you put this thread back on track, G, since you noticed that we'd only scratched the surface
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hmm I've heard about this, but didn't know the specific chemical actions involved, interesting.

Do you think mothers who breast feed until their children are 7 or 8 years old are doing it for their own selfish pleasure gain?
    I'm sure that happens sometimes, but not necessarily. I think most of them think they are doing it because in their opinion it's best to allow children to wean themselves, but somewhere along the way they've unwittingly given the child positive feedback for continuing to nurse beyond when they would have stopped if it were totally up to them. So the mother thinks she is doing it for the child, but the child is actually doing it because they think the mother wants them to. According to everything I've read that wasn't super-biased, children who wean themselves will almost always do so by the time they are 4 or so, and usually sooner. Especially in developed countries.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL.

Ok, so why do don't you put this thread back on track, G, since you noticed that we'd only scratched the surface
    Actually, it sounds kinda mad for an Ne type to want something to get back on track. Also, I was harsh in that regard too, as there were so many amazing posts in this thread already. Some of them have really opened my eyes to the other side.

Sadly, I did some derailing my self.

Ok here is a question, as boorish and retarded as many of you assume us men are, would the world be any different if we were to dissapear for a decade, and then come back?