Not just yet, tnx

That is, if Uberfuhrer isn't in a hurry to get his answer :P
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have never been raped or assaulted and I never fear being raped or assaulted. I probably should sometimes because of safety reasons or something but I just don't.

Since this thread become what it become.

Is there any chance that in a dark environment guy can come out of darkness with good, bad or no intentions without woman having a entire life in front of her eyes?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

yes, although that depends on the vibes that he's emitting
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    yes, although that depends on the vibes that he's emitting
    Vibe...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No way you could ever scare me *grin*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I scare people...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    A hundred-pound female who is a multiple-degree black belt in a martial art, with a bad attitude and in good health, can maybe prevent herself from being raped by your average, determined 300-pound sociopath without using a weapon.

Maybe.

The advantages of height, reach, weight, and strength are just too great to overcome, generally speaking.

Screw aikido and such... I'd carry a gun if I were Pink or Jaye.
    The thing about aikido is that you use your opponent's own energy against him to get out of harm's way. It's all about getting away. My daughter is surely not being taught to hang out and punch at a 300-pound sociopath, but we hope she'd be able to evade him and run away. While not stronger, a small woman tends to be faster than a 300-pound sociopath. I'm not necessarily anti-gun but I'd rather not carry one myself, and even if I did I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in the gun basket and then get attacked on the night I leave it at home, y'know?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I cant speak with any authority because Ive never been a girl. However, the fact that for the first 25 years of my life, my possession of certain organs misled the world, and consequently me as well, into thinking I was one, led to my spending most of my life up to that point trying my best to think, be, expect, desire, feel, fear, and generally live like one. This entailed constant vigilance and observation, but when in its 25th year of Epic Fail I ended up finally going through the process of changing sex, I suddenly noticed that a whole lot of expectations were dumped and the world now had entirely different, yet no less restrictive expectations of me, that I had previously not thought about. I discovered its no walk in the park on the other side of the fence either

Some things I used to get wrong:

It never occurred to me to do anything other, when it was time to go home, than simply walk home. Light, dark, open residential well-lit area or back alley, alone or not it just never registered with me that there was any difference or any reason to worry. Then Id get lectures later about how irresponsible and stupid I was to walk home on my own in the small hours through a maze of shady alleys. Id answer, But but but its a short cut! Why would I bother going the long route?? Then realise: Im supposed to be a girl arent I?

It never occurred to me until too late that I was supposed to believe that 99% of males were, if they paid me any more individual attention than to say do you want fries with that, probably hitting on me, or at least harboured some thoughts about having sex with me. The many evenings I spent chatting away at a pub with males, thinking to myself, hey its nice of him to keep buying me drinks bonus, saves me the cash eh? and then I was baffled when they seemed offended when Id say Nah its okay, I know your place is nearer but Id rather crash in my own bed, Ive got stuff to do in the morning.

Theres also the expectation that you have to smile and laugh a whole lot more than men. In fact, all your speech has to be peppered with submissive smiles and laughs and you have to explain everything you say, think and do, either because you yourself believe you need to justify it or just by way of making conversation. Manys the time I came home from town to mom asking, how did you get home? and Id answer I got a taxi then go sit down in front of the TV. Then Id see her out the corner of my eye looking a bit lost and mildly offended, then Id realise I was supposed to say something like well by the time I was ready to go home it had started to rain and I didnt want to struggle with all my bags on the bus, so I thought I know its more expensive but I just thought Id get a taxi this time, usually Id just get the bus or walk but you know, when youre tired and of course when its raining the buses are always packed arent they and

The submissive laughter is something I deduced by my teens was the thing my speech lacked and was one reason why I was often taken to be more stroppy than I really was. And the tendency to speak directly, rather than go all round the houses and leave the other person to deduce what I meant. I could never really get the indirect communication thing, but I trained myself into doing the submissive smiles and laughter and its been a real bitch to train myself out of it now, cos coming from a man its really annoying and stupid, but women are totally expected to do it.

Eh, I could go on but I already have gone on enough I think. That's the other thing. Men are supposed to be more taciturn.

edit - there is one other thing though that I'll add... being male doesn't mean I no longer have dangers to my person... in fact I think there are probably more of them now. For example previously, if a neighbour was playing loud music, I could knock on the door and this tattooed, skinheaded guy would say "Oh sorry love, yeah I'll turn it down a bit, didn't mean to disturb your littl'uns", and the more times I did it (within reason) the more guilty the guy would feel about disturbing me, and he'd be less likely to have the music up too loud in future. However now I have to face the possibility that he and his other friends in there will stand with arms folded, respond to me challengingly and, if I ask more than once, get angry, shout and possibly hit me, and they won't hold back. I'm expected to have lived through the rough and tumble of a male childhood and teen years and to, by now, be able to look after myself and navigate the minefield of the male to male confrontation. However, I spent that time trying to be a girl, so this is an area of danger for me.
    I'm glad you posted this, because this was the kind of thing I was wondering about earlier when I asked what you'd learned after going male.

I've been feeling really exasperated lately, because at my age anyway, I find it so difficult to find people (particularly guys) that are able to fit my personality into their working definition of "female." I do many of the things you mention - submissive laughter, smiling, excessive explanations - fairly naturally. I can usually tell when a guy is hitting on me. But this behavior and this knowledge doesn't help me much in the long run. After a while, my "true" personality will start to come out, and it seems like no matter how "feminine" I acted before, the guy doesn't know what to make of the real thing when it hits him. I'm tired of people trying to categorize before they've tried to understand ::sigh::.

This is probably off topic by now....
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO