MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Don't forget peeing standing up.
    Actually, it's possible for a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hah! That's a first for me here. I got sniffed out early on and just assumed no one would think "orangey" was really a guy's type of tag.
    OMG, you're a girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Indeed, I think all women are repressed lesbians.
    In your presence.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post

I wouldn't ever trade being a woman for being a man.

Sarah
    ISFP
    Nice to see a woman who's happy to be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Because even if I wanted children (which I don't feel like I do now, though that may change in the future according to many babbling older women I know), the process of doing so is such an awful, disgusting burden. If some other gender were capable of doing it, I would pawn it off on them.
    Disgusting? Odd, I've never viewed it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiL View Post
    It's all right as long as you're not

being told that you must be PMS'ing if you're genuinely angry about something, being talked down to or ignored because you're assumed to be of lesser ability or intelligence....

And you can get by with acting "cute" if you HAVE to. Which I hate, but it's nice to have the option.
    To the first part... just laugh at those who say ridiculous stuff like that. Laugh long and hard. Usually clears such stupidity up nicely.

To the second part. Act... cute? Yuck! How can you sleep at night? *shivers*

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Are woman really always afraid of being attacked. wow.
    Ladies, address the issue, would ya? Sheesh. Instead of knitting, why not take up martial arts, kickboxing, etc as a hobby? It doesn't take a black belt to fight off the average Joe, especially if you live in fatty America.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    Ladies, address the issue, would ya? Sheesh. Instead of knitting, why not take up martial arts, kickboxing, etc as a hobby? It doesn't take a black belt to fight off the average Joe, especially if you live in fatty America.
    Adding to this, at aikido, the girls who have been there about a year totally WTFPWN my ass (never mind the black belts who have been there for years :horor: ). I'm still not ready when they're taking it easy on me.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's why my daughter takes Aikido. Well, one of the reasons. She's been doing it for about 3 years now but she's only 9 so she's not ready to WTFPWN runvardh's ass just yet.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    That is just so scary to think about when people say its always by someone you know, because the first question that pops to mind when I think rapist, is WTF, doesn't he have a mom, sister, daughter, etc . . .
    That's thinking like a human being. Rapists don't carry the burden of conscience. It sounds horrible to you because you have a conscience and the ability to empathize. I've been told repeatedly that "[he] can't help" reacting aggressively to me because I'm too pretty or some such garbage, like I'm "getting what I deserve". I've been told to expect and tolerate such negative attention as if it were normal and something I can't defend against.

I remember coming out of the garage, walking up to the cafeteria to grab a drink. I saw a girlfriend of mine. I stopped to say hello to her. Two guys sitting at her table started LOUDLY catcalling me and waving dollar bills at me. One even got out a credit card and made really nasty degrading comments. I was wearing a completely shapeless grey shopsuit, and I was covered in dirt and black grease. I lost my temper, barked that they were idiots and that they were cheap too. My girlfriend told them to shut up, but I walked away feeling demoralized. I mean, I wasn't dressed slutty or acting slutty or anything. So why did that happen?? I was really angry about it for days. Things like that happened to me constantly and I wound up crying a lot.

For years, I kept having this recurring dream about a red dress... I would find this beautiful red dress, put it on, and it would make me look so pretty, but as soon as I smiled at my reflection, someone would appear and call me a slut, tell me I was "asking for it", and I would wind up taking the dress off in defeat.

Living in a ratbag neighborhood set me even more on edge.

Because of being "formally" introduced to men through abuse and rape (like CC's mom), I've been deeply distrustful all my life. My father armed me. I carried a serrated 4 inch lockback for years. The violence didn't lessen with my age. It ramped up. Being furious all the time kept me from being terrified. Also, primal instincts to protect myself (avoid danger if possible, traveling in a big protective mob of boys, dressing defensively, etc).
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    For years, I kept having this recurring dream about a red dress... I would find this beautiful red dress, put it on, and it would make me look so pretty, but as soon as I smiled at my reflection, someone would appear and call me a slut, tell me I was "asking for it", and I would wind up taking the dress off in defeat.
    That sucks jelly. I say put on the red dress and strut your stuff.
    Take back the power, it's all yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That sucks so bad.

I feel like I live in a sheltered world, or I move in a different circles than you do, because I have never seen guys behave that badly and so openly with women. There is sometimes good-natured banter going on, but never something so aggressive and blatantly misogynist like that.

What would they do if you ignored them? Just threaten you more, until they get a reaction?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp

That's why my daughter takes Aikido. Well, one of the reasons. She's been doing it for about 3 years now but she's only 9 so she's not ready to WTFPWN runvardh's ass just yet.
    That's a good bet, especially since there are so many men who are unencumbered by a conscience when it comes to preying on somebody's minor daughter.
    I'm undeterred in my preference for girls if I ever have offspring, but martial arts and weapons training are looking like excellent ideas. Well that and generous doses of info on the ways of creeps all over.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That sucks jelly. I say put on the red dress and strut your stuff.
    Take back the power, it's all yours!
    Strangely enough, I did. I was at the mall visiting an ESFP girlfriend of mine at work, and I told her about the dreams. She said, "That's it. We have to find this dress, and you're wearing it..." We were walking through Penney's on the way to her car, and she suddenly stopped, backed up, said, "This!" It was a little red slip dress with tiny white dots all over it. I tried it on. Fit perfectly. The only one left too (and on sale! go me!). I wore it with little white Victorian boots and white lace gloves with the fingers cut out.

The first positive response I got was from my ISTP best friend. He told me I looked beautiful, and then smiled really big, like he was proud of me for trying it. He called it my Campbell's soup dress (anyone else remember those "red dress" commercials?)

The neurosis about it never did go away though. I suspect that's something that will have to dug out of me by someone who knows how.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

That is a misleading statistic. The UN's "one in three" initiative is about worldwide abuse against women. So, two things: it's worldwide, and it's all abuse, not just rape. So it's not like if you have three female friends in a developed nation, one of them is likely to have been raped. What it does mean is that at least one third of the world's female population has been abused in some way, be it sexual coercion, beating, rape, or otherwise. It's still awful and it needs to be changed.
    Actually at that demographic caliber, a lot of guys probably figure it's less of a big deal since it's so common, and feel less guilt.

I never understood rape.
    I mean... the logistics I get.

It's... *pause*
    ...whatever else goes on that I don't get.

And I don't know how to inquire about it 'cause I don't even have any clue where to start.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That sucks so bad.

I feel like I live in a sheltered world, or I move in a different circles than you do, because I have never seen guys behave that badly and so openly with women. There is sometimes good-natured banter going on, but never something so aggressive and blatantly misogynist like that.
    I have no idea what it's all about. I know for a fact that all men aren't scum, and that's what upset me so much. Like I was drawing or moving amidst scum, even when I did nothing to merit it. My mother told me that she's been defending us since we were children, that it was weird and blatant, the way men gravitated toward us. It freaked her out, confused her, made her angry. I mean, we were really little when this stuff began. I know people started to wonder if we (including her) were cursed or something. It was just so relentless and confounding.

What would they do if you ignored them? Just threaten you more, until they get a reaction?
    Well. I've tried both passive and aggressive means. It depends on who I'm dealing with. Like that time I was with my mother and we got stalked through a grocery store like something out of a bad movie. There were at least 6 men involved, and none of them had arrived together. It was harrowing and so arbitrary that I thought that surely God hated me. My poor mother was almost in tears on the car ride home. "Why is this happening?! Why won't they leave you alone?!" She was really frightened. I showed her that I was okay by storming down the driveway and kicking the trash can into the road and screaming. When I'm angry, she's not so afraid for me.

I was 19 then? Can't recall.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code