User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 442

  1. #201
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Perhaps I'm just crazy or unobservant, but I haven't really noticed any of these differences for either gender...

    But then again, I'm crazy and unobservant.
    Maybe I had the advantage of Ne when it comes to that stuff... but then again I didn't use to notice them either. Well, I did notice that some people acted one way or another in these areas, but I didn't twig that it was a gender thing because many 'gender things' didn't twig with me... the fact that 'girls' did a certain thing didn't mean much to me because I didn't do that thing nine times out of ten and I was supposed to be a girl, wasn't I? So it couldn't be a girl thing, could it? Just a 'them' thing. Took 'til my late teens to start twigging stuff like this, and it wasn't really 'til after I transitioned to male that I began to see the more subtle differences or to, with hindsight, reconstruct previous experiences and realise what was going on 'behind the scenes'.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  2. #202
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'm biologically female. Yet, I'm unable to properly answer this question.
    I see your type is an INTJ. I read over the thread again and it was interesting to me that the female posters who expressed joy at being a woman talked about feeling free to express feelings or act silly without disappointing anyone. It might be worth starting another thread, but there is a noticeable overlap between men = T-ness and women = F-ness in society. Those women who are seeking to fit in because of their minds and ability to analyze and solve problem are expressing some frustration. The second area of frustration is related to expectations of outward appearance. I think that interplay of women being expected to be emotional and not objective and analytical is at the core of a number of these posts here.

    Subculture is also important. Having lived in 30 locations in my lifetime, it is clear that some environments are accepting of certain attributes while others are not. Choice of profession is another significant issue. Some professions consider equality for female contribution as normal while others do not. It is important imo to realize that both the complaints and satisfaction in relation to being a woman are legitimate. It all depends on one's own personality strength, interest, and the environment in which one happens to live.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

  3. #203
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Maybe I had the advantage of Ne when it comes to that stuff... but then again I didn't use to notice them either. Well, I did notice that some people acted one way or another in these areas, but I didn't twig that it was a gender thing because many 'gender things' didn't twig with me... the fact that 'girls' did a certain thing didn't mean much to me because I didn't do that thing nine times out of ten and I was supposed to be a girl, wasn't I? So it couldn't be a girl thing, could it? Just a 'them' thing. Took 'til my late teens to start twigging stuff like this, and it wasn't really 'til after I transitioned to male that I began to see the more subtle differences or to, with hindsight, reconstruct previous experiences and realise what was going on 'behind the scenes'.
    I only see people on both sides acting as idiots.

    If I'm supposed to be an idiot one way or the other, according to gender, then perhaps I don't belong as either gender at all.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    [/probably the most stereotypical INTJ response you've ever heard]
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #204
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I only see people on both sides acting as idiots.

    If I'm supposed to be an idiot one way or the other, according to gender, then perhaps I don't belong as either gender at all.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    [/probably the most stereotypical INTJ response you've ever heard]
    see this is why I aspire to be a god or a fish.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #205
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Perhaps I'm just crazy or unobservant, but I haven't really noticed any of these differences for either gender...

    But then again, I'm crazy and unobservant.
    Have you really not noticed that men are attracted to women?

  6. #206
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    it's great to be a gurl. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) no primary reasons. Just, it's wonderful. Oh geez, get me off this site now before I say more stupid things. but it is not a matter of calculating the benefits vs the cons, it's just wonderful all on its own.


    no, I never wantd to be a fish. ick.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #207
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Um I have to use conditioner and I carry pepper spray with me wherever I go.

  8. #208
    Broud Balestinian G-Virus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    672

    Default

    Are woman really always afraid of being attacked. wow.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

    "If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

  9. #209
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Are woman really always afraid of being attacked. wow.
    Nah prolly not but where I live most of us take precautions like that. Lol my classmate hides a butterfly knife in her bra.

  10. #210
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Virus View Post
    Are woman really always afraid of being attacked. wow.
    Maybe, but I think the ones who have been attacked in the past tend to become more cautious and carry those negative feelings associated with it longer than men tend to.

Similar Threads

  1. What's it like to be a Thinker?
    By nightning in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 02:01 AM
  2. What's it like to be a Feeler?
    By Tallulah in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 09:26 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO