User Tag List

First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    It's pretty cool, like you can have random lumps on your body and wear all sorts of weird shit and act like a complete airhead, and still be considered normal.
    Hey! Not okay!
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I think you guys pretty much summed it up. It's all right as long as you're not walking around alone at night, being oggled, being made to feel that someone is entitled to your body, being told that you must be PMS'ing if you're genuinely angry about something, being talked down to or ignored because you're assumed to be of lesser ability or intelligence....

I'm cool with it most of the time. It's fun to have so many clothing options . And you can get by with acting "cute" if you HAVE to. Which I hate, but it's nice to have the option.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Hey! Not okay!
    I agree with this. airheads =not cool. Especially for someone like you, Niffer, who is actually smart -don't hold back, be who you are!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

I actually enjoy being a woman. I like acting totally 'feminine' from time to time, though I do have my moments where I act more androgynous. I grew up as a tomboy and have gotten used to my femininity throughout the years. What I seem to enjoy the most is dolling myself up for absolutely no one and then taking a walk with my best friend, who also happens to be female. What I find amusing however is in some situations a mistake will be made and I'll start laughing and hide my face. Most of the time the other person assumes that I'm crying though. Is that gender-related? Otherwise, I am who I am and I enjoy it, moodswings and all.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm biologically female. Yet, I'm unable to properly answer this question.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

this thread is a disaster lol

its so beautiful
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    this thread is a disaster lol

its so beautiful
    Beautiful, beautiful disasters...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

We get away with so much crap...it's hilarious.
    God it feels good to be a girl.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ENTP

I cant speak with any authority because Ive never been a girl. However, the fact that for the first 25 years of my life, my possession of certain organs misled the world, and consequently me as well, into thinking I was one, led to my spending most of my life up to that point trying my best to think, be, expect, desire, feel, fear, and generally live like one. This entailed constant vigilance and observation, but when in its 25th year of Epic Fail I ended up finally going through the process of changing sex, I suddenly noticed that a whole lot of expectations were dumped and the world now had entirely different, yet no less restrictive expectations of me, that I had previously not thought about. I discovered its no walk in the park on the other side of the fence either

Some things I used to get wrong:

It never occurred to me to do anything other, when it was time to go home, than simply walk home. Light, dark, open residential well-lit area or back alley, alone or not it just never registered with me that there was any difference or any reason to worry. Then Id get lectures later about how irresponsible and stupid I was to walk home on my own in the small hours through a maze of shady alleys. Id answer, But but but its a short cut! Why would I bother going the long route?? Then realise: Im supposed to be a girl arent I?

It never occurred to me until too late that I was supposed to believe that 99% of males were, if they paid me any more individual attention than to say do you want fries with that, probably hitting on me, or at least harboured some thoughts about having sex with me. The many evenings I spent chatting away at a pub with males, thinking to myself, hey its nice of him to keep buying me drinks bonus, saves me the cash eh? and then I was baffled when they seemed offended when Id say Nah its okay, I know your place is nearer but Id rather crash in my own bed, Ive got stuff to do in the morning.

Theres also the expectation that you have to smile and laugh a whole lot more than men. In fact, all your speech has to be peppered with submissive smiles and laughs and you have to explain everything you say, think and do, either because you yourself believe you need to justify it or just by way of making conversation. Manys the time I came home from town to mom asking, how did you get home? and Id answer I got a taxi then go sit down in front of the TV. Then Id see her out the corner of my eye looking a bit lost and mildly offended, then Id realise I was supposed to say something like well by the time I was ready to go home it had started to rain and I didnt want to struggle with all my bags on the bus, so I thought I know its more expensive but I just thought Id get a taxi this time, usually Id just get the bus or walk but you know, when youre tired and of course when its raining the buses are always packed arent they and

The submissive laughter is something I deduced by my teens was the thing my speech lacked and was one reason why I was often taken to be more stroppy than I really was. And the tendency to speak directly, rather than go all round the houses and leave the other person to deduce what I meant. I could never really get the indirect communication thing, but I trained myself into doing the submissive smiles and laughter and its been a real bitch to train myself out of it now, cos coming from a man its really annoying and stupid, but women are totally expected to do it.

Eh, I could go on but I already have gone on enough I think. That's the other thing. Men are supposed to be more taciturn.

edit - there is one other thing though that I'll add... being male doesn't mean I no longer have dangers to my person... in fact I think there are probably more of them now. For example previously, if a neighbour was playing loud music, I could knock on the door and this tattooed, skinheaded guy would say "Oh sorry love, yeah I'll turn it down a bit, didn't mean to disturb your littl'uns", and the more times I did it (within reason) the more guilty the guy would feel about disturbing me, and he'd be less likely to have the music up too loud in future. However now I have to face the possibility that he and his other friends in there will stand with arms folded, respond to me challengingly and, if I ask more than once, get angry, shout and possibly hit me, and they won't hold back. I'm expected to have lived through the rough and tumble of a male childhood and teen years and to, by now, be able to look after myself and navigate the minefield of the male to male confrontation. However, I spent that time trying to be a girl, so this is an area of danger for me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFJ

Perhaps I'm just crazy or unobservant, but I haven't really noticed any of these differences for either gender...

But then again, I'm crazy and unobservant.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge