User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    If you have children but don't feel their birth miraculousy that's okay too. I felt more like Ivy -- fully human, or maybe more specifically, fully mammalian which was maybe even more interesting than feeling human.
    Yes! The smart people brain was just totally off and the animal brain took over. It was so interesting to know that when the birth got going I didn't need to do anything but ride it. It felt like it was bigger than me. But not miraculous; more like connecting to a long line of mothers going back thousands or millions of years. Mundane, but meaningful.

Yeah, it hurt like a motherfucker but it was real and amazing.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I don't think you're at all dumb, average, or anything else you said for being that way. I admire it and it's endearing.. Truly, we need all types of women in the world to make it work.. If we were all CC esque I dunno what men would do. .

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I just think this paragraph is also very well written, and I agree with every point placed here. We women do often look at the negatives first because... Srsly. What's there to complain about postive-wise? In all honesty, I don't think a majority of women, given the choice, would trade genders and like where they are.. We just want a bit of adjustments from the world around us Lol.
    Yeah, exactly (and thank you for the compliment... ) I've heard enough men complain about how they wish it were socially acceptable for them to do the very things I mentioned women being able to do without censure, that I wonder will there ever be a time when we can just accept that all thoughts, feelings and emotions, as well as all the different ways of expressing them, are HUMAN rather than gender-specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You are waaayyy too happy to be posting on an internet forum.
    hahaha! See, if the tone of my posts scare you, you really don't wanna know how bouncy and affectionate I am in real life. Just watching it would appall you.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    intp

Wow. I didn't know that being female was such a tragedy.
    I agree with this a good bit:
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I like being female a lot. I find our clothes, aura, and general natures to be splendid. Women are cosmic, and I enjoy my girlfriends, nay, I need them. I don't understand girls who don't like other girls.
    The very idea that my body could produce another living soul is profoundly amazing.

Boobs are great! Women have great bodies. We're pretty all over.
    It does suck to have so much based on appearance - past the point of rationality.
    I like that we're allowed to be more emotional if we so wish. I dislike that what I say could be given less weight. I wonder if there's a relationship between the two.

Periods are not a problem - it used to be "I'm nauseous or passing out coz it's so painful", but exercise, the right supplements (e.g. EPO), avoiding coffee a few days before, starting ibuprofen a day before (tip from my male HS math teacher) and eating right have eliminated all but minor discomfort for a few days. It's not a blip on my radar, really.

I wasn't raised to feel any duty to cater to men or their whims - nor was i raised to be nurturing, but rather responsible. That's not something that resonated with me at all. I remember I was in a waiting room once with a pool of interviewees and when Mr. Honcho walked in one girl went into full-on servant mode. I think she left her seat to give it to him, and I was almost expecting her to do a dutiful bow like you see in the movies. I was somewhat amused, somewhat stunned, but the guy was outright disgusted. He chewed her out for it - it was amazing. She explained that she'd been raised in her family to have that kind of response. I chuckled.

If I'm being shortchanged, I speak up and let them set it straight. Using whatever's example: If a waiter pours a date more wine than he pours me, I tell the sucker to keep pouring if it bothers me. And it may not - I don't feel any feminist duty to make a stink if something is fine by me. Nor do I feel any guilt about feminism if I take on any of the more traditional roles at any point. To me feminism is about choices - at least I can choose to be that instead of having it forced on me.

Much has been made about women getting paid less on the dollar for their work than male counterparts, but it has been found that a major factor in that, besides lingering sexism, is that women *don't ask for it* like men, who seem to think it's a birthright.

I generally try to be at least aware of my surroundings, but I don't live life like a perpetually hunted animal - that doesn't resonate with me at all. I am not bothered by cat-calls (I'd probably be concerned if I didn't get any ) and I avoid unsafe areas and use common sense and prudence. Hey, ask for that raise and maybe you could afford some place safer. There are always going to be sleazeballs. They can look all they want if they don't touch. Unfortunately they sometimes do, and I don't think it's something you can entirely avoid. sad but true.

To me, the challenges I face in being "a girl" come not only from "disgusting pig men", it comes also from women who will wage a dirty war if you don't want or are ill at ease with assuming the expectations that women usually fulfill.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    hahaha! See, if the tone of my posts scare you, you really don't wanna know how bouncy and affectionate I am in real life. Just watching it would appall you.

Sarah
    ISFP

The horror..... the horror....

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Aw... sure, it might be messy and cumbersome and not a lot of fun sometimes. But I still think it's an amazing thing. Look at it as an opportunity that men can never (used loosely in today's day of medical marvels) share.
    This is the way I see it too. I try not to focus on how scary the process could be, but rather how beautiful and special it will be.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

It's great being a girl because certain guys look dead sexy giving a kiss with their eyes open. Strong *and* vulnerable?

Werd. Up.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Moved some posts to a new thread.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    It's great being a girl because certain guys look dead sexy giving a kiss with their eyes open. Strong *and* vulnerable?

Werd. Up.
    Yeah, one of the best parts of being a girl is being able to love on a guy!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I'm not good with my emotions, but I'll gladly take some love...
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Guys can't love guys?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge