User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver View Post
    Someone explain to Uber that you can stop being friends with your bff the next day.

Sheesh.
    No! Nobody tell him that!

He'll become even more jaded.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wow, I am sorry to hear that, men can be so utterly disappointing, idiotic and cruel.

Yeah, guys will never know what it feels like to be judged so frequently on their outward physical appearance.

After all, there is no such thing as a trophy husband.

:sad:
    Well, actually, there are a lot of signs that image consciousness is becoming a more common problem among men. Rather then acheiving a society where women no longer worry too much about their appearance, we've some how wound up in one were now both men and women worry too much about their appearance. An interesting example is the growing rate of Body Dysmorphic Disorder among men.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, actually, there are a lot of signs that image consciousness is becoming a more common problem among men. Rather then acheiving a society where women no longer worry too much about their appearance, we've some how wound up in one were now both men and women worry too much about their appearance.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to live in a society where people don't care about their appearance anyway. I like my surroundings to be aesthetically pleasing, or at the very least, non-offensive.

MBTI
    ENFP

^^ Another interesting example is 80 year old men and women wearing their faces back to front due to too much cosmetic surgery. The constant perfection that we are trying to reach is exhausting besides hasn't anyone realsied yet that perfection is boring!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to live in a society where people don't care about their appearance anyway. I like my surroundings to be aesthetically pleasing, or at the very least, non-offensive.
    I'm not going to lie and say that looks amount to nothing for me, but it has definitely gotten out of hand. Standards are impossibly high, and people respond in really weird ways to their inability to reach those standards.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    ^^ Another interesting example is 80 year old men and women wearing their faces back to front due to too much cosmetic surgery. The constant perfection that we are trying to reach is exhausting besides hasn't anyone realsied yet that perfection is boring!
    No it isn't:

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm not going to lie and say that looks amount to nothing for me, but it has definitely gotten out of hand. Standards are impossibly high, and people respond in really weird ways to their inability to reach those standards.
    pfft... i don't have that problem.

MBTI
    ENFP

LOLOLOLOL

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Don't be a douche.
    How was I being a douche?

Her post generalized guys in a negative light, pretty hardcore. I was just pointing that out. Maybe I should have picked more civil terms. Wasn't meant to be offensive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Because even if I wanted children (which I don't feel like I do now, though that may change in the future according to many babbling older women I know), the process of doing so is such an awful, disgusting burden. If some other gender were capable of doing it, I would pawn it off on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyStilettos View Post
    I have to agree with Orangey. It just sounds reeeaaally gross. I really don't want to have something enormous growing in side of me and making me sick and grouchy, and then the birth... -shudder-
    Aw... sure, it might be messy and cumbersome and not a lot of fun sometimes. But I still think it's an amazing thing. Look at it as an opportunity that men can never (used loosely in today's day of medical marvels) share.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft