User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You are waaayyy too happy to be posting on an internet forum.
    We needed this!!! All this negativity about being a woman..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    We needed this!!! All this negativity about being a woman..
    In my experience, NT women has the most difficulty with being a woman.

Probably because NT-type personality is considered by most to be as "masculine".

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

In my experience, NT women has the most difficulty with being a woman.

Probably because NT-type personality is considered by most to be as "masculine".
    Mayhap? I don't consider ENFP as anymore feminine.. I know way too many manly ENFP's XD But I do have and have had in my life an awfully difficult time dealing with it.. Mayhap the difficulties arise in different ways for types, because I have very emotional-based challenges with femininity and identity issues which seem to be common ENFP traits.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Mayhap? I don't consider ENFP as anymore feminine.. I know way too many manly ENFP's XD But I do have and have had in my life an awfully difficult time dealing with it.. Mayhap the difficulties arise in different ways for types, because I have very emotional-based challenges with femininity and identity issues which seem to be common ENFP traits.
    Every type and gender has their hurdles to overcome, I'm not debating that.

But if you look at societal norms, NT-type personality is more associated with "masculine thinking". Also, NTs put a great emphasis on self reliance, and women are more likely to be in a position where they have to rely on others than men.

NFs, just as most Ns, have a tougher time adjusting to societal norms than Sensors, because after all, it's a Sensor's world. But ENFP personality is often idealized amongst young women (a great deal of Disney cartoons and romance novels feature female ENFP protagonists), so compared to other Ns, ENFP women don't have it that bad, unless, of course, for some bizzare reason an ENFP woman ends up in the military

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Every type and gender has their hurdles to overcome, I'm not debating that.

But if you look at societal norms, NT-type personality is more associated with "masculine thinking". Also, NTs put a great emphasis on self reliance, and women are more likely to be in a position where they have to rely on others than men.

NFs, just as most Ns, have a tougher time adjusting to societal norms than Sensors, because after all, it's a Sensor's world. But ENFP personality is often idealized amongst young women (a great deal of Disney cartoons and romance novels feature female ENFP protagonists), so compared to other Ns, ENFP women don't have it that bad, unless, of course, for some bizzare reason an ENFP woman ends up in the military
    Hm. Maybe that is entirely true then. I'm SO huge on self-reliance, and I'm not socially normal I would say at all.. I watched a lot of boys cartoons as a kid growing up with my older brother whom I was closest to, so I'd have to say maybe it's more individual for me.. But yes!! I'd say the military has a LOT to do with my situation in particular lmao!

MBTI
    ENFP

I agree in part with you Edgar... I am quite a tomboy really but I find that I am often perceived as very feminine and therefore, I do not stick out like a sore thumb. I do think that NT females may find it a challenge especially if surrounded by NF males lol! Don't know if I'm talking about competance though and not femininity here LOL

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I agree in part with you Edgar... I am quite a tomboy really but I find that I am often perceived as very feminine and therefore, I do not stick out like a sore thumb. I do think that NT females may find it a challenge especially if surrounded by NF males lol! Don't know if I'm talking about competance though and not femininity here LOL
    Unfortunately, in a lot of situations at least, perceived femininity is a direct function of a woman's level of competence.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I've always felt like the "boy" in my group of girlfriends. Can't put my finger on why though. I was a tomboy much longer than the rest.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    That's an interesting point to bring up.. because I sort of get the same reaction.. What I dress as isn't so important, but because I don't mind taking on a more reserved and less asshole-like in-your-face attitude, I'm always seen as feminine and The Girl.

Prime example: If a potential fight were to break out, I naturally with my boorish ways want to be right in there with my friends. My friends first instincts probably are naturally to protect the ladies and such.. but I'm ALWAYS in that category. It's always: "Stay back!" "Fuck you I'm going!" "NO YOU'RE NOT!" "Stopping me will impede you going " "Damnit Kyuuei!"

... I understand there are a lot of silly women that want to fight but know they can't and try anyways.. but I can do some damage, when given the chance for it. It sort of depresses me to see that instant drop of equality..

MBTI
    INFP

Good things:
    Having doors held open (I admit it, I love it I really do xD)
    Being able to buy pretty shoes/clothes/shiny objects
    Being able to go all squeaky and AWWW at kittens
    Girl's nights in
    Eating girly posh chocolates
    Being called 'Darling' by nice guys

Bad things:
    Periods.
    Bitchy not-quite-fights-but-really-being-best-friends-with-an-enemy stuff. I'm stubborn as hell so naturally involved in a girl group power struggle right now.
    Creepy guys
    Having only two options, 'frigid' or 'slut'
    Too much time spent trying to look nice (and in my case, failing)
    Having to walk the long way home from college in the winter because the shortcut I take (through fields in my little village) is too dangerous in the dark
    Men believing they are somehow entitled to you
    The fact that ugly guys seem to get nice-looking girls, but not the other way around
    Being called 'Darling' by slimy guys
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay