User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow, I am sorry to hear that, men can be so utterly disappointing, idiotic and cruel.

Yeah, guys will never know what it feels like to be judged so frequently on their outward physical appearance.

After all, there is no such thing as a trophy husband.

:sad:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wow, I am sorry to hear that, men can be so utterly disappointing, idiotic and cruel.

Yeah, guys will never know what it feels like to be judged so frequently on their outward physical appearance.

After all, there is no such thing as a trophy husband.

:sad:
    Thank you.

I hear that. To an extent, men are judged on their outward appearance, but not to the extreme that women are. I mean, I believe it's cool to dress up and look nice. But I think that it should be done for oneself rather than for men or anyone else for that matter.

Men are idiots, but women can be as well. It was a bad experience, but they don't really matter do they? I mean those people that we meet randomly that believe they have the right to treat someone like that. I have to wonder how those men, if they're being honest with themselves, would feel if they were put in the opposing position. heh Not that too many actually think about something like that I suppose.
    I have no idea who I am. All I can say is let's rock hard.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

So many insightful posts in this thread.

It really does suck to be judged on physical appearance so much. It's a responsibility to make yourself up. As a female, it's like your physical appearance is free for everyone to talk about.

I can't do something "domestic" and nice for someone else (especially of the opposite sex) without the side nagging feeling like I'm setting back the feminist movement- without calculating if it is reciprocated or "fair".

A major positive is more social freedom to show emotion. To form really deep one-on-one friendships.

Major negative: Being assertive and passionate automatically labels one "bitchy" and "angry" or "bitter". I got this a lot in high school.

On shallow notes: My boobs sometimes get in the way of sleeping on my stomach. But I do get more clothing choices. Pants when I want pants and skirts when I want skirts and shorts when I want shorts.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Relationship, especially with other women, can become complicated. The power struggles are often subtle and under the radar based primarily on language use and emotional manipulation. Because of this, the social threats are not as often physical as based on the threat of misperception and humiliation. You feel a certain degree of freedom in expressing feelings, except when you must retrain yourself (sometimes to the point of overcompensation) in professional settings. There are times when male superiors want and expect you to flirt back to them as the expected way of kissing up and stroking their ego. If you don't do this, some will get contemptuous and so you weigh your decision each day when choosing what to wear and how you respond both verbally and non-verbally because your image can have a significant impact on expectations. When you are successful professionally, you sometimes get a sense that it is extra offensive to male peers, especially if they are also older than you are. This is because these men feel emasculated if you demonstrate yourself to be an intellectual peer. You view your female role models who often communicate more masculine mannerisms and weigh these against your own. Strangers feel more comfortable approaching you and asking for money and help than they do your male counterparts. This is sometimes measured as a potential threat and so you find ways to make yourself less approachable.

Your visual impact on society is considered significant. You are inundated with pop culture images and have a sense of an expectation of what you are to look like. More often than not women feel they fall short, so you notice a passing reflection that reminds you of your bad hair day, or the pants you chose make you look fatter than you thought you were. You consider going on a diet, but the more you think about not eating, the snackier you feel. You typically weigh more than you would like and the color of your hair isn't quite right, and your nose is too long or something like that, but you know most people feel this way as well. You are generally satisfied with life because you have a few good friends who appreciate you and you know you are more intelligent than what you are acknowledged for, and for the most part that is enough.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Wilson View Post
    In the words of Moe Szyslak... Whuuuuaaaaaaaah?!

Girls who belch are a huge turn-on. Especially after doing a keg stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I burp in public fuck etiquette if I have gas in my esphogus or where ever burps come from I'm going to burp. because if I don't I start feeling like I'm going to puke.
    I love my daughter.

She's ten, Asian, slight as a rail, only 70 pounds at the most (although she looks as light as a feather)... and has one of the loudest, deepest, most window-shattering belches I have ever heard.

Well, at least, I think it's funny when we are not in public.
    (Otherwise I have to say, "Please don't do that." Uggh. Social expectations.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    nnnn

Well, I don't really find it particularly hard. I don't really think of myself in terms of woman of non-male, and I suppose I project that. I'm not really in touch with the way I look either. When people comment on my appearance or act all guy-girl ish, it tends to make it really awkward for them because I don't respond to it the way they expected. My personality doesn't seem to invite that kind of behaviour to begin with. I'm probably not even aware of most of the guy-girl stuff because I don't feel particularly addressed. I feel very unconstrained that way and not unfeminine really - the image I have of myself is in my head and the outside world rarely matters to it, it's also undefined and vague, a blob. I do have my girlie moments.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

This is why I never watch Lifetime.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

As a guy, I notice (and I don't this is true for all women-and probably not for the overall intelligent group on MBTI Central) that a lot of girls respond more to not-so-nice and jerky behavior than behavior of the contrary.

They encourage the guy who grabs their ass without asking, even if they actually don't like it, they pretend to like it... because.. I know this is true for the specific women I'm thinking of- they like the attention they get! They think they need the attention.
    Many guys have figured out that being nice doesn't work because girls just aren't attracted to that- they are attracted to dominance.
    Guys simply are attracted to an attractive figure.

I don't feel the whole 'outward appearance' as much as a typical girl but it is definitely there.
    No matter what my mood is for the day, people respond more positively to me on days I actually take the time to comb my hair and shave than not.

As human beings, we prefer what is attractive over what is not.
    As a culture, we are too obsessed with sex. I understand more and more every day why Christianity (and I'm sure countless other religions) supports chastity.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTx

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You are hyper-alert to your surroundings whenever you're not in a completely safe place. You're reminded every time you walk from university to your parked vehicle that your younger brother can sit down at the kitchen table, casually eating with one hand while completely pinning you with the other arm (to the point where you can't squirm out of it) because you're a member of the physically weaker sex.

When you're alone with male co-workers they hit on you when they'd never make inappropriate comments with anyone else around.

You're assumed to be a worse driver than any male, you're assumed to be less cognitively competent, you're assumed to not know what you're talking about when you're dealing with anything mechanically inclined. (Once every two shifts at the bike shop, I'll stand there and spend two minutes explaining, in detail, what is wrong with their bike and what needs to be done to fix it. They'll politely listen, then turn to my male co-worker and ask him the exact same question. Or I'll spend time explaining something on the phone, they'll respond with a, "Can I just speak to the head mechanic?" So when you pass the phone to the nearest male co-worker, he repeats what you've said (with n00b employees sometimes they'll have to put them on hold to get the answer from me) and the customer believes them because their voice is an octave lower than mine.)

Inebriated or otherwise rowdy males in groups will walk up to you and grab your ass or "accidentally" brush their arm against your chest. Males always want to touch you. You get stared at regularly. And you know what men are thinking. And it makes you uncomfortable.

You also get business doors opening for you after hours when the male employer/employee sees you arrive to realize the store is closed, sometimes even explicitly remarking, "if you were a guy, I wouldn't have opened the door!"

And when the right guy is checking you out it makes you feel hella special. But also sometimes like you're nothing beyond your body.
    Sheesh. Could you try taking a bigger shit on the male species...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Indeed, I think all women are repressed lesbians.