• No

24 45.28%
12311 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Default Is Nocapszy's posting intelligible?

This poll and thread is being conducted with the explicit permission of the subject.

I argue that his message is often difficult to understand, if not completely unintelligible.

The reasons for this, I speculate are as follows.

1)He tries to present too many ideas at the same time, mistakenly believing that they are connected when they are not. As a result he ends up spewing word salad.

2)He lacks attention to detail and therefore forgets to clarify what exactly he means. His notions of what is 'factual information' is distorted by his imagination and for this reason what he regards as factual information cannot be seen by others as factual information. He does this because he gets carried away by his hunches, or looses touch with his sensing faculty.

3)Because he is so deeply absorbed in his Intuitive faculty, he forgets that he inhabits a concrete, physical world, mistakenly believing that his world of hunches is the only world that exists. Therefore he excuses himself from the responsibility to explain his thoughts to others.

Lets examine this post of Nocapszy's to see how he engages in the 2 activities above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    You should be embarrassed by your utter lack of cooperation with true rationality.
    You're an F anyway.
    You've demonstrated that elsewhere.

For the last time -- and I mean it, this is the last time the forum will ever hear me say these words; from now on, everyone else is either going to have to figure it out, or have someone else tell them -- I don't have any interest in proving my points / sharing my knowledge to underlings such as yourself.

Typically I find that most people are good sports about my evasion of explanation. Those people almost invariably receive, upon request, a fully thorough and reasonable analysis on ____. On the other hand, you, The Poriferan and Bluedogma, among others, give such a miraculously entertaining show when fuddled by me that it's just plain irresistible. I can't help myself but attempt what you so inaccurately dubbed as 'proof by assertion.'

I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way, I can say with a great deal of security that I, by no means, apparent or otherwise, avert objectivity.
    Keeping it to myself as retaliation against non-cooperation with the initial attempts to be rational is not, (and if you're really an NT you'll be able to accept this as quickly as you read it) proof of dearth in rationality.

In summary: I don't care that anything I say upsets you. I'm being altruistic in telling you you're wasting your time telling me.
    Assertion :
    You should be embarrassed by your utter lack of cooperation with true rationality.
    You're an F anyway.
    You've demonstrated that elsewhere. .

How nocapszy supports the assertion:

For the last time -- and I mean it, this is the last time the forum will ever hear me say these words; from now on, everyone else is either going to have to figure it out, or have someone else tell them -- I don't have any interest in proving my points / sharing my knowledge to underlings such as yourself..
    Here he does what I have described in point 3, simply denies responsbility to explain his thought process. Simply says the onus is on his reader to figure out what he is talking about.

Is this a reasonable expectation?

I think not and my reason for thinking so have been explained in points 1 and 2.

Lets analyze his post further to see how this is the case.

Nocapszy makes this remark next.

Typically I find that most people are good sports about my evasion of explanation...
    Thus, he bluntly asserts that people should put up with his 'evasiveness of explanation"

This does not endorse a point made in statement 1 or 2, but certainly endorses point 3.

Those people almost invariably receive, upon request, a fully thorough and reasonable analysis on ____. On the other hand, you, The Poriferan and Bluedogma, among others, give such a miraculously entertaining show when fuddled by me that it's just plain irresistible....
    This set of statements does indeed support points made in 1 and 2.

What exactly does he mean in the first sentence? Unclear. Furthermore it is unclear how poriferan and bluedogma connect to the initial point he wishes to make. Clearly appears to be a result of a disjunction between what appears to his intuitions as plausible and what is clearly plausible to others.

I can't help myself but attempt what you so inaccurately dubbed as 'proof by assertion.'
    I certainly hope to be able to decipher what this statement means one day, and how exactly it connects what he wrote in the previous paragraph.

I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way, I can say with a great deal of security that I, by no means, apparent or otherwise, avert objectivity. ....
    This statement includes an explicit contradiction. 'I by no means am apparent' and 'I am by no means avert to objectivity".

In other words, I am not apparent as he said earlier, its the readers problems and not his that he is understood, yet there is nothing in his posts that runs contrary to the quality of being objective.

If his writing was objective, or accessible to all it would be easy for all to understand, in other words it would be apparent.

Nocapszy may argue that his thoughts are objective or in tune with the laws of logical reasoning, but he is not able to make this clear to everyone. Though, then obviously, it is difficult to see how the 2 claims are connected in this context moreover, what the statement that precedes those 2 statements "

I assure you, as someone who has, and continues to trounce every intellectual, mechanical, or mathematical problem that ever has and ever does come my way," has anything at all to do with them!....
    The fact that these statements are clearly irrelevant to each other and the individual statements in themselves are not clearly expressed (mostly because they lack Si content referrence to factual information, this is a result of nocapszy's hyper intuitive thinking) seems to support the ideas I have expressed in my point 1 and 2 in the beginning of this post. I said that his statements are not connected to each other and for this reason it is very difficult for the reader to understand his thoughts.

This gives us enough of a reason to think that Nocapszy's writing is unintelligible. His writing is unintelligible if this post is a proper sample of his writing on MBTIc. I would argue that it is, as many of his posts are presented in a very similar fashion to this one.

Keeping it to myself as retaliation against non-cooperation with the initial attempts to be rational is not, (and if you're really an NT you'll be able to accept this as quickly as you read it) proof of dearth in rationality.....
    Will leave it that for now! It should be said though that Nocapszy again asserts that the onus is on the reader to understand his message, "you'll be able to accept this as quickly as you read it", and obviously if the reader fails to understand his thoughts, Nocapszy attributes it to a 'dearth of rationality'.

This, as I have mentioned, appears to be evidence of Nocapszy confusing his world of intuitions for the real world. He simply did not give the reader the necessary tools to understand his message, yet he expects him to do so.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

BlueWing and I have agreed that this is not, and is not to be perceived as, an attack on my character, but a genuine inquiry into my ability to express myself clearly.

It's intended as confirmation or disproof of his doubts of whether or not I can write clearly and fully.
    That is to neglect whether or not I intend to be clear or not.

I boast that I am quite capable.
    I also concede that I am not consistently intelligible, sometimes by deliberate action, and sometimes by mistake.

I write this as he composes the poll itself.
    He so humbly requested I endorse it for the sake of the safety of his reputation as a peaceful unit; an aspect of his persona in which he takes great pride.
    He has my explicit permission to post it

And wouldn't ya know it, he wrote a dozen pages.
    I'm considering making a poll on whether the MBTIc public thinks he has a crush on me.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You generally have to have world-smashing Intuition to understand Nocapszy, just as you must have similar Sensing capabilites to finish a BlueWing post.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I will read this I promise !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

at least Nocapszy's posts don't make me nod off, as much.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP

I think Nocapszy purposely tries to elicit certain reactions out of people. The answers he does provide are also usually wrapped up and somewhat hidden, which necessitates a certain amount of intuition. I think its just more of a case of reading intent with him.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

...Why was this written, again?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

One enthusiastic star!!!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    ...Why was this written, again?
    heh. BlueWing, what was your honest motivation for making this thread?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

He's trying to reinforce his deluded stereotype, with me as the icon, and hence, the target of accusations against the ENTP type.

He is, in truth, rather unaware of my actual presence.
    we fukin won boys