^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I think I already answered that.
    I do like to know that I am picking up what a person is laying down, rather than just interpreting it in a way that pleases me and going with that.
    By that definition, I do believe that everything is effectively intelligible.

If this were about any other member on the site, I think you would have no problem at all understanding me. But since it's about Nocapszy, and I've said that I understand him, and allowed for the possibility that I could be wrong about that, you're blowing it up. I'm done.
    Provided that this statement were true, it would still not be relevant. It has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

But I know that this is a personal reason for explaining what you are no longer answering questions. This is at least the second time on this forum I've had some kind of interesting inquiry cut-off as a result of another person's presumptions about what my feelings were.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

When someone has a massive vocabulary, isn't it considered a "dick move" to use large words nearly anytime possible, knowing fair well that you will be confusing the less vocab inclined?

I think Nocapszy (and a few others) would be guilty of this.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    When someone has a massive vocabulary, isn't it considered a "dick move" to use large words nearly anytime possible, knowing fair well that you will be confusing the less vocab inclined?

I think Nocapszy (and a few others) would be guilty of this.
    I call that strategic error and only to one's own dismay, unless your audience is similarly inclined.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    You can take different things from what he says. That does not mean its unintelligible. I'm sure if you've read a post of nights you would understand what that means, His goal is different however.
    Well, first of all, if that's what you meant, then complexity was not the best choice of words, since one can take a very simple statement to mean many different things (sometimes simple sentences are the worst).

But I go back to what I just said to Ivy. If simply being able to take something, anything, out of a subject as meaning for myself makes that subject intelligible, then isn't everything intelligible? I can do that with everything, after all.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

:steam:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Do you have a jump to conclusions mat? It's got conclusions on it, that you jump to.

Recognizing your strengths is being perceptive and realistic. Being loud about them is immodesty. Which has debatable merit with regard to one's character, of course...
    I do have a mat, and it is very comfortable. Considering that it's well-supported.

I doubt that "brilliance" can be considered a "strength" or "realistic" in any arena. "Smart", maybe. Not "brilliance".

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Well, I can't imagine anyone being perfectly serious about it. That's narcissism personality disorder.

Which is why I said that he's half-joking... I assumed that he would expect it to be taken in a "completely-joking" manner.
    So would I, at least I hope. :/
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Most brilliant people tend to be modest, no?

And also I would imagine that the more intelligent a person was the more they would be riddled with self-doubt as opposed to self-certainty.

I could be wrong though.

*shrugs*
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, first of all, if that's what you meant, then complexity was not the best choice of words, since one can take a very simple statement to mean many different things (sometimes simple sentences are the worst).

But I go back to what I just said to Ivy. If simply being able to take something, anything, out of a subject as meaning for myself makes that subject intelligible, then isn't everything intelligible? I can do that with everything, after all.
    This is why people question your T. Not necessarily even based on intelligence, you are adding unnecessary complexity in terms of your emotions and it is VERY easy to manipulate.

I've learned enough to not get engaged in a lot of pointless arguing trying to "spoon feed" as nocapszy pointed out.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

Did you catch the RATHER THAN part? "Taking something, anything out of a subject as meaning for myself" is exactly what I was talking about avoiding. The preferable alternative is getting the meaning the speaker intended to convey.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii