• Yes

29 54.72%
  • No

24 45.28%
First 1220212223 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't believe particular intelligence is required to understand his posts. He has opinions like any intelligent person has. He just exhibits the kind of attitude that he "knows" everything he hasn't explained, or actually, the unexplained is self-evident and only a moron would ask about it.

In short, he uses shame to silence the opposition before there even is one. Some fall for the trick and take the unexplained as a sign of great intelligence.

He is a tireless with his insults as well as arguments, which is why he enjoys some popularity. Most people would never have the stamina to stall an intelligent exchange of ideas to the extent he does. This is great for those who happen to share his initial views of subjects and don't wish for discussion to advance.

Yeah and he might sometimes argue in an enlightening manner, too, but I wouldn't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Does he have the capability to make his posts that much more intelligible to those who don't share a somewhat similar intuition style and ability, or don't have a similar understanding of some of the topics and ideas he covers, Yeah I would most certainly say so. In the end I think he doesn't necessarily care for adding in little touches here and there and expounding further if there is a communication gap. Does that necessarily invalidate his arguments or conclusions, I wouldn't say so, there usually is a message to be had or at least a counter argument to be made on the intuitive points he makes.
    Agreed with you fully. This topic is a waste of time... but nonetheless, it's an amusing way of wasting time.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Listen Blue, if my straying from the topic* hinders you from understanding, then perhaps it's you who has trouble keeping focus.
    If you can't find a way to position my presumed utterances into your ideas, then its your weakness -- not mine.
    It may be evident of a weakness, but it's not proof. And I have sufficiently proven in the past that I can stay on task

*Something which almost never actually happens -- I use anecdotes or analogies to make points about the situation at hand... it's not really straying, but since BlueWing doesn't have the patience to let anyone else finish a thought before he starts to correct them, he's cornered himself into the delusion that I have this problem.

And by the way, I've got more than a little evidence to prove that he consistently interrupts a speaker mid-thought to correct them. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't read a full sentence in a post before stopping to correct them, even if only in his own mind.
    This is a communicative problem because often, a speaker may have some fact that, when calculated into the rest of the equation, the result is changed entirely.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    In short, he uses shame to silence the opposition before there even is one.
    Are you sure that's my intention?
    I endure plenty of opposition. If this were my goal, I'd surely have changed my strategy by now.

Guess again, Ape.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I don't believe particular intelligence is required to understand his posts. He has opinions like any intelligent person has. He just exhibits the kind of attitude that he "knows" everything he hasn't explained, or actually, the unexplained is self-evident and only a moron would ask about it.

In short, he uses shame to silence the opposition before there even is one. Some fall for the trick and take the unexplained as a sign of great intelligence
    I think a certain amount of intelligence is required to comprehend this.

Obviously personality clashes result with certain individuals, or those who either take his attitude very personally or have issues with it and cannot discard it from the messages. Once you understand this initial aspect I think the intelligibility of his posts is not nearly as great an issue as some would have you believe.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Are you sure that's my intention?
    I endure plenty of opposition. If this were my goal, I'd surely have changed my strategy by now.

Guess again, Ape.
    I think a certain amount of people don't even have the perception that you can endure opposition. I think its a hurdle that some need to get over. Personality clashes aside I don't think thats the case.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Those people are wrong.
    And they can get out of my damned thread.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ISTP

I think a certain amount of people don't even have the perception that you can endure opposition. I think its a hurdle that some need to get over. Personality clashes aside I don't think thats the case.
    I don't think that's the case, exactly.

There are two issues that make things difficult. The first is that Noc can be extremely personal and insulting when you disagree with him. That always sets the wrong tone. However, this alone isn't the issue here. He also makes it very difficult *to* argue by making his posts difficult to understand. This means that the other person has to do the work for him, and they certainly can't define his argument for him, which just leads to him hiding behind the ambiguities in his posts.

Together, however, it can be seen differently. What people are doing is... intuitively... sensing that his method of argument is a defense against really making himself vulnerable to disagreement. It's a rather natural, and perhaps even accurate, view of personal attacks combined with the unstructured posts he makes.

MBTI
    INTP

I think that as a thinker with moderate intelligence you have a greater ability to suspend that "intuitive" thought process and see more accurately what he is trying to get at. His personality can definitely have a way of rubbing people the wrong way, but personally I've never had issues with people like him and don't think there is malicious intent to the degree that a lot of people would perceive. Once again personality clashes have to be accounted for.

I will agree though that there is a heavy intuitive bias in some of his posts that can make it unfortunately harder for those who don't share similar abilities or cannot necessarily align or follow his thought processes. I don't think that distracts from the intelligibility of his posts though.

The reception I could see as being more difficult because of some of the points you made, I can agree with that. Just as the tireless and rigorous defined, heavily logical, theoretical, and emotionally deprived posts of Bluewing can make the reception of his posts difficult for others. Furthermore it can also similarly serve as a hindrance to argument or debates.

MBTI
    ISTP

Once again personality clashes have to be accounted for.
    I think it depends. If by "clashes" you mean put up with this kind of crap, then I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    The Poriferan doesn't know enough about typology to know whether what he's saying is true or even plausible.

Thinking is not married to, nor is it the opposition of Feeling. Thinking is not simply a true or false metric.
    Ask Jennifer. She knows this shit better than you or I.
    Especially The Poriferan.
    Or better yet -- read a damned book.
    My recommendation is Lenore Thompson.

My energy will not be further wasted on The Poriferan's posts concerning the subject of typology.
    You can scroll up and down that thread for lots of examples. It's not isolated or directed against one person.

Bad communication, yes, but part of it is outright hostility.