24 45.28%
First 111920212223 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    INTPs don't ask other people questions like that. FYI.
    look at the votes
    Is Jack Flak good at typing people

So don't tear him a new asshole when he's wrong. You have proof that he's not as good at typing people as he claims. Its your instant-win card.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Is this suppose to be some odd attempts at humor?

Nitpick a post by nocap to pieces?

For the most part I had no difficulties understanding him. There's a lot to be said for understanding the context while reading. It's true that he tries to stuff everything under the sun into his arguments, but that's just how Ne works.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I don't know how descriptive to get, as I don't want to be too abrasive, but it's all becoming more and more clear as time goes on. To only give one example: Your insistence on defining my functions in terms of the more traditional Jungian functions, but the systems don't match up directly. You have to drop one, and pick up the other, but you refuse. This is the tendency of the ISTJ.
    All things need to be defined in one particular way, and we need to have this one particular definition in mind when we use this term.

For instance, Thinking: defined.

If we use it any differently, we should have another term or call it Thinking 2 (which basically is another term).

Not doing so, or not clearly defining the terms leads to an official informal logical fallacy of equivocation. Or ascribing two different meanings to one term.

In mathematics, physics, philosophy, and most rigorous sciences clearly defining the terms is vital. Having an exact and a clear idea of what we are talking about is the very definition of rigor.

It has nothing at all to do with Sensing, or attention to information collected with the five senses.

There needs to be one specific definition for each term, and in this case such a definition is very close to the one established by Jung.

An S tendency would be acceptance of a Jungian definition on authority, but this is not what I am doing, that is obvious because I have provided a detailed argument to support my acceptance of such a definition.

To only give one example: Your insistence on defining my functions in terms of the more traditional Jungian functions, but the systems don't match up directly. You have to drop one, and pick up the other, but you refuse. This is the tendency of the ISTJ.
    Not going to lie, I have no idea what you're talking about. There is more than one system? This needs to be explained further.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    GONE

Point of order --

I take exception to the fact that 'Ne' is blamed for unintelligble arguments.

That is all.

(BC I'm Ne dom and my arguments are fucking LUCID, mang)
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Point of order --

I take exception to the fact that 'Ne' is blamed for unintelligble arguments.

That is all.

(BC I'm Ne dom and my arguments are fucking LUCID, mang)
    All ideas that are not logically organized will be unintelligible.

Ne in itself is merely concerned with abstract perceptions. That does not suffice to make a coherent statement.

In the case of Nocapszy, his excessive reliance on Ne is associated with the unintelligibility of his statements because it eclipses his Thinking faculties. In other words, it prevents him from logically organizing his ideas.

In recapitulation, in order for one to properly use his Thinking function, one must temporarily cease the influx of perceptions. Because he often fails to do so, he fails to properly use his Thinking function.

All functions that prevent the proper use of the Thinking faculty are to be blamed for unintelligible propositions, not just Ne, and all functions do contrapose one's use of Thinking. Feeling most of all, as that is the direct antithesis to Thinking, Sensing to a significant degree as well because it is visceral, yet Thinking is highly cerebral, and Intuition, though to a much less notable degree than Feeling and Sensation.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I don't know how descriptive to get, as I don't want to be too abrasive, but it's all becoming more and more clear as time goes on. To only give one example: Your insistence on defining my functions in terms of the more traditional Jungian functions, but the systems don't match up directly. You have to drop one, and pick up the other, but you refuse. This is the tendency of the ISTJ.
    Have you heard of confirmation bias?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    Have you heard of confirmation bias?
    It may of come up before, if a bit out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Okay, anyway, I hope we can get back on topic. Or at least end the derailments so that when the morning comes and posters up, they won't be drowned out by the distracted frivolity.
    I never can understand Noc, but that's because I have a hard time parsing his sentances, and an even harder time parsing his thought flow. Which unfortunately has made us not get long all that well. It's too bad too, because I think some revisions of what he says would be good. Despite this coming close to being insulting, I think it's just a matter of impulse control and revision. The content is there, buried. All of the trolling stuff, to me, doesn't really fit my view of him. It's just an extension of not being willing to change the style to something more coherent. (The why of it, I leave to him.)

Although, I do find it irritating to use a communication gap as a defense against an actual argument that requires clearly establishing a point. Just saying. :steam:

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Just a random thought... can we have a poll classifying whether people can understand Nocap or not by type?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Ni or Ne dominants have no problems and all other types throw their hands up in frustration...

MBTI
    INTP

^ I think Nocapszy relies on Intuition when presenting his answers and thoughts in posts. I think sometimes the burden is placed on the reader to similarly trust their intuitions to see the message he is trying to present.

I haven't read too many of his posts so I can't make any sort of statement with full confidence, but I think overall a decent majority of his posts are intelligible if you have a noticeable skill in intuiting coupled with a moderately above average intelligence. If you're argument is that "intelligible" means clear and coherent to the lowest common denominator or the average then I could see how his posts might not consistently be considered that, this is taking into account the intuition biases inherent in his posts.

Does he have the capability to make his posts that much more intelligible to those who don't share a somewhat similar intuition style and ability, or don't have a similar understanding of some of the topics and ideas he covers, Yeah I would most certainly say so. In the end I think he doesn't necessarily care for adding in little touches here and there and expounding further if there is a communication gap. Does that necessarily invalidate his arguments or conclusions, I wouldn't say so, there usually is a message to be had or at least a counter argument to be made on the intuitive points he makes.

Should the counter argument be wasted on why his post's aren't intelligible, possibly but I don't think that would get him to give you a clearer answer or understanding. So in the end it's sort of a null point. I think the issue for most like Pt stated is more so his character (no issues on my behalf, I wouldn't suspect he'd care anyways) and whether or not he should take in to account how in some peoples minds that can and is inextricably tied to the posts.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    In the case of Nocapszy, his excessive reliance on Ne is associated with the unintelligibility of his statements because it eclipses his Thinking faculties.
    It really doesn't.
    Nothing I say is untrue -- excepting jokes or other obvious falsities.

So what if I prove things in a back-alley way? That doesn't make it less T. Just more N.
    Doesn't make it less valid either.

Maybe it makes it less obvious but the calculations are still just as rigidly ordered as any shit you type up in your dry prose.

You have a misplaced pathological problem with intuition.
    The problem is not mine.
    we fukin won boys