Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INTj

I don't read his posts.

But I met him, and he seems nice enough.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    ...You don't even want most people to understand you anyway.
    And you're still talking to him.

This thread is a riot.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think Nocapzy makes good points. I see why some people have a hard time reading what he says sometimes, but I thought it was intentional. I don't agree with BlueWing, the posts are not unintelligible.

Besides, Nocapzy is fun to read.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    I don't read his posts.

But I met him, and he seems nice enough.
    Uh... thanks I guess.

So I guess that's a no vote, since you can't make intelligence out of something you don't read.
    Darn.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Uh... thanks I guess.

So I guess that's a no vote, since you can't make intelligence out of something you don't read.
    Darn.
    Hmm. . . *judges based on this one post that Haight obviously read*

I understand what you stated. Therefore, I will vote "yes."

Besides, you let me drink my beverage via a straw through your ear. I thought that was nice . . . Clearly, you're a nice person in the very least.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    And you're still talking to him.

This thread is a riot.
    I said most people. I happen to be in the small group of people that he wants to understand him. But I still don't half the time lol...

It's kinda unfair the tricks he pulls -- once he explains them to me, they make sense, but half of them are pretty much unguessable.

It's like the forum provides him with a bunch of test subjects and he just runs his experiments. If the experimenter tells the test subjects what's being measured, the results would mean nothing.

Meh. I usually ignore his odd posts assuming he'll explain later. I don't even try to guess anymore.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

The trick is understanding when and how he's trying to trick you.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

BW, you are so misguided in the fields of mathematics and physics.
    Mathematicians quibble for decades over calculations of only a single problem.
    One equation has been in place for centuries is again, up for debate!

Physics is even more dangerous. The magnitude of factors unaccounted for is staggering. Its such an enormously inexplicable field that there are specialties, which are often as enigmatic as the tier above them.

Dont believe me? Give ring to your local university and ask them for one of those fabulous summaries of either of the two subjects. I assure you they will either laugh, or transfer you to the admissions office where they will have you sign up for a class in which the teacher will (I'll bet a lot of money on this) inevitably say "this is an ever expanding study, and one that will likely not be complete or clear to ANYONE in our lifetimes".

I strongly encourage you to dig yourself out of the rut you're in, and look above the horizon of the dirt.
    Its safe out here -- nothing to worry about.
    This is not relevant at all. Many mathematicians have diverging views on one subject, but they understand the views of one another because they are all clearly expressed.

Bottom line is, the fact that mathematicians and physicists often disagree has nothing at all to do with whether or not their ideas are clearly expressed.

Dont believe me? Give ring to your local university and ask them for one of those fabulous summaries of either of the two subjects. I assure you they will either laugh, or transfer you to the admissions office where they will have you sign up for a class in which the teacher will (I'll bet a lot of money on this) inevitably say "this is an ever expanding study, and one that will likely not be complete or clear to ANYONE in our lifetimes"..
    This is not relevant either. An ever expanding study could be defined on the basic level. It could also be specified which parts of physics and mathematics can change, though most aspects do not change.

This is why in the mathematics sector you will find dozens of book entitled similar to this 'Foundations of Mathematics' or 'Principles of Mathematics', or 'Mathematical logic' and so on.

Half.com / Books / Search Results for 'principles of mathematics'

Ask 2000 mathematicians to write a one paragraph essay on what mathematics is, almost all of them will be competent at this task.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This is not relevant at all. Many mathematicians have diverging views on one subject, but they understand the views of one another because they are all clearly expressed.
    Of course it's relevant. You can't clearly express anything if you don't understand it to begin with.

Bottom line is, the fact that mathematicians and physicists often disagree has nothing at all to do with whether or not their ideas are clearly expressed.
    Well in the first place, it's a little more than whether they disagree -- there are enormous tracks completely unaccounted for.

You might think this irrelevant, but I implore you to look a little deeper.
    I'd prefer in the future you didn't use the scientific community against me without being pretty damned familiar with it yourself.
    As you have shown to me time and again, you are not familiar with science or mathematics, and especially not mathematics.

Returning to the universe:
    I'm not certain you're aware, but 97% of the universe has recently turned up missing. We don't know where the fuck it is. We know it's there, (or at least we know it's probably there, we're not actually certain) but we don't know where to look. Some say it's on this side of the universe, some say it's on the other. Others still say that it's not even there, and every single one of them thinks their ideas are clearly expressed.
    These are scientists of highly sophisticated means. They express their ideas 'clearly', and still there's fogginess.
    If their ideas were truly clear, there would be no question at all. We'd know where each and ever piece of the universe is.
    But we don't, so there's obviously no clarity.

The problem? They're unwilling to search effectively.
    This is the real problem with the public and with concise expression: Puts too little strain on the receiving end. They're lazy.

I'll tell you what the real bottom line is.
    $$ Money $$
    Scientists and mathematicians alike are more concerned with organizing their ideas into easily digestible packages which they can sell than they are in actually searching long enough to achieve insight.

"Nevermind that I got the answer wrong -- It's got my name on it and people will think they learned something because it's clear. Furthermore, if they know I don't know what I'm talking about, it'll never sell!"

This bullery against me has gone on long enough.
    The universe does not present itself in an obvious manner.
    Why should I?
    'Cause it makes it easier on you folks?
    You all are not my appellate.
    Just like the universe does not appeal to the scientists.

You wanna call yourself a philosopher, do the work.
    Don't pit it on me. I don't have time to explain everything to the underlings like yourself.
    I've got my own agenda. I'm building more and more of my ideas.
    we fukin won boys