User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP

I've heard a lot of women prefer male gynecologists because female gynecologists they'd been to were more likely to be dismissive. I used to think that it would matter, that it would be easier to talk to a woman. I've had good experiences with both male and female doctors, though. If the only difference would be gender and not competence, I don't see a reason to prefer one over the other.

If I'm buying bras and underwear, I do prefer buying from a woman, but I won't go out of my way to get a female sales clerk. The rest of the time I don't really care. If I'm buying something I'm embarrassed about, I'll be embarrassed regardless of the person's gender.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    There was a person quoted on an ad for Cancer treatment Centers of America recently. She said she'd gotten a diagnosis at a hospital, awhile back, of cancer, delivered very coldly and tersely. "You have cancer, and, due to the type of cancer, have an estimated time left to live of X months or days. Settle your affairs. Have a good day."
    The first part is fine. The latter part, if you truly captured the tone, is lame coming from anyone regardless of type.

I've dealt with T doctors before who were still capable of managing a decent bedside manner and acting respectfully. And sometimes F doctors are worse because they're trying to protect people's feelings so much they might not come across with the realistic truth. It's more a matter of maturity, not T or F, I think...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Are there very many situations where it matters to you if a man or a woman is serving you as a customer ?

If you're a woman would you prefer ( all other things being equal ) a male or a female as a Gynecologist, for example ?

if you're a guy, would you rather have a female Urologist or a male ?

Or talk about doctors in general.

If you're a guy and you're renting an X rated video, would you prefer it was a guy that you give your money to at the register ? Would it matter which sex it was ?

Or would it be more important which personality type they were ? Say you prefer an "F" over a "T" regardless of gender.

There was a person quoted on an ad for Cancer treatment Centers of America recently. She said she'd gotten a diagnosis at a hospital, awhile back, of cancer, delivered very coldly and tersely. "You have cancer, and, due to the type of cancer, have an estimated time left to live of X months or days. Settle your affairs. Have a good day." Or words to that effect. Of course the ad said that CTCOA made all the difference, not only in their treatments ( which include alternative therapies as well as standard ) but in their personal tone. How would the "T" bedside attitude sit with you in such a situation ? I'm assuming that the "F" would not hide any pertinent info, but only soften the blow, here.
    I hate it when some S types wait on me.
    If you don't ask the exactly correct question,
    you won't find out what you need to know.

Classic example:
    me - "Uncle Dennis, do I need a passport to go to Canada?"
    Uncle Dennis - "No."
    me - "I thought I needed a passport now?"
    Uncle Dennis - "Well, you do if you want to come back."
    (Of course I want to come back!!) :steam:

I've given up on male gynecologists.
    They never seemed to understand what I was telling them.
    I will only go to a female now.

In other situations, I hate it when women wait on me when I want to know technical information. There's a gal who waits on me at out Radio Shack. She's definitely a T and knows her stuff, so I don't mind.