12 Last

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default AA - Part Douche

I believe that I started a similar thread a year or so ago. Now the particulars have changed, yet the general principle still stands...

I moved in with a new roommate, a fellow INTP, a 5 year friend. He constantly reminds me of the extent of my arrogant, asshole - douchebaggery. However, in this case, it's okay since he's just as bad and completely understands what it means to be an asshole and what it means to call me an asshole.

Now I have to ask the question: are you an asshole? Why do others consider you an asshole? Why do you consider yourself an asshole.

-- thanks, now fuck off

ferunandesu

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I come off as aloof, unapproachable, and sometimes a general asshole. A former boss hated that (he seemed to be INFJ). It was a personal crusade of his to "break peoples attitudes", namely his employees (IT workers, a mixed bag of personalities but the 'arrogant techie' was his gripe). I was one of his little projects.

In the end, I never fully understood what he was getting at, but now I do. I'd say I didn't really understand it until I'd studied MBTI for a year or two.

I try to do the right thing and be a person of good, but I'm not going to whimper if I step on some toes. Maybe apologize if I'm feeling up to it

People frequently think I an asshole because I can seem like an uncaring, thoughtless, anal-retentive control freak.

I agree because I -am-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The only person who has flat-out called me that to my face was my mom. She wanted me to give her money and I finally said no.

If others think it and haven't said it to me or to someone who would get it back to me, that's just fine. People have a right to their private thoughts.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    istp

Whether I'm an asshole or not, depends on who you are. The ones that think I'm an asshole are the ones trying to screw with my world. I don't consider myself an asshole, but I can be a really good asshole when I want to.
    Scuse me, gotta run, some 'feeling type' is walking towards me trying to make something called conversation

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I come off as aloof, unapproachable, and sometimes a general asshole. A former boss hated that (he seemed to be INFJ). It was a personal crusade of his to "break peoples attitudes", namely his employees (IT workers, a mixed bag of personalities but the 'arrogant techie' was his gripe). I was one of his little projects.
    Oh gosh, I have had managers like this. They were doomed to frustration.

I think most people who are not in my private life would describe me as cold and aloof. I have been called cold to my face so I know this is something people have thought. I try not to step on people's toes but I won't give to others too much if they want me to conform to their way or want me to give of my own time or effort in a social way at work. I am just not interested in having a "relationship" with people that I have a casual aquaintanceship with. Some people cannot understand that.

I also know that people have thought I was arrogant. I know I come accross that way, but I have a lot of opinions that I am very firm on. I spend much time going over my beliefs and opinions in my own mind and reviewing them when I get new info and revising them but publicly I tend to keep an opinion private until I feel I have gelled it well and by then I usually tend to be rather firm on it.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am an INTJ, of course people think I'm an ass. Unfortunately, it is usually more of a problem with people closest to me because I make the mistake of thinking I can be honest with them. It used to be more of a problem than it is now, age has had a positive impact. I'm more careful about what I say.

<sigh>

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Oberon

Some guys try to pick up girls and get called an asshole; this never happened to Pablo Picasso. He would walk down the street, girls could not resist his stare...Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole.

[cue instrumental]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Some guys try to pick up girls and get called an asshole; this never happened to Pablo Picasso. He would walk down the street, girls could not resist his stare...Pablo Picasso was never called an asshole. [cue instrumental]
    Nice dodge!

I don't remember getting called an a-hole, mostly because I avoid open conflict and abrasiveness.

(I suppose if I ever did earn the title, it would be for my passive-aggressive streak, or for not being willing to let go on a particular distinction in an argument, or for taking a joke too far...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't remember getting called an a-hole, mostly because I avoid open conflict and abrasiveness.
    I remember it happening to you, though in truth you may not have been present at the time. =]