Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default Classic Rock

Anyone else here believe that it embodies individuality and visionary thought much? I always get high when listening to it. I've actually got a song on imeem right now. Rainbow Demon by Uriah Heep. Totally awesome stuff because it's so inspiring for the future, and yet at the same time nostalgic.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I really enjoy classic rock/psychedelic rock/acid rock/blues rock.. from the 60s and 70s, but mostly the stuff that is a little harder to find than the stuff on 97.9 Classic Rock Hitz.

No other popular music movement has since captured the creativity and individuality and musicianship of the rock from the 60s/70s. Popular artists seriously need to start taking LSD and mushrooms again. These non-drug taking, teenaged/no talent kids are terrible and bland. Plus now about 90% of popular songs are love songs. Christ... love hurts, I get it, enough already..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I really enjoy classic rock/psychedelic rock/acid rock/blue rock.. from the 60s and 70s, but mostly the stuff that is a little harder to find than the stuff on 97.9 Classic Rock Hitz.

No other popular music movement has since captured the creativity and individuality and musicianship of the rock from the 60s/70s. Popular artists seriously need to start taking LSD and mushrooms again. These non-drug taking, teenaged/no talent kids are terrible and bland. Plus now about 90% of popular songs are love songs. Christ... love hurts, I get it, enough already..
    Heh. I'd love to hear some more stuff that's hugely symbolic and referring to exploring consciousness and archetypes. Mind listing some artists/songs that you love? I'm always looking to increase my knowledge and entertainment when it comes to this. Everyone else on earth seems to know a huge amount of artists and singers, and I'm limited to a few.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I really enjoy classic rock/psychedelic rock/acid rock/blues rock.. from the 60s and 70s, but mostly the stuff that is a little harder to find than the stuff on 97.9 Classic Rock Hitz.

No other popular music movement has since captured the creativity and individuality and musicianship of the rock from the 60s/70s. Plus now about 90% of popular songs are love songs. Christ... love hurts, I get it, enough already..
    Woo! Well said, A.J.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    Anyone else here believe that it embodies individuality and visionary thought much? I always get high when listening to it. I've actually got a song on imeem right now. Rainbow Demon by Uriah Heep. Totally awesome stuff because it's so inspiring for the future, and yet at the same time nostalgic.
    Absolutely. I'll have to come back when I've thought about it some more, but for me, rock really achieved its pinnacle in the 70s. Nothing that's come since has quite captured the magic and complexity of that era.

Edit: Just realized I used the same phrasing as aj, but am too lazy to fix it.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can do a disturbingly convincing Freddie Mercury impersonation at karaoke.

No, I'm not kidding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I can do a disturbingly convincing Freddie Mercury impersonation at karaoke.

No, I'm not kidding.
    Post a vid or GTFO .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkExXJr3g08

MBTI
    INTJ

Alas, I do not currently have any of my Queen performances.
    But I do have Divinyls "I touch myself" video.

(edit: it's in a Personality Type Videos thread)

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Heh. I'd love to hear some more stuff that's hugely symbolic and referring to exploring consciousness and archetypes. Mind listing some artists/songs that you love? I'm always looking to increase my knowledge and entertainment when it comes to this. Everyone else on earth seems to know a huge amount of artists and singers, and I'm limited to a few.
    Sure. A few artists/bands from the 60s/70s that are great but not that well known:

Little Feat
    Quicksilver Messenger Service
    Television
    Frank Zappa & Captain Beefheart
    The Weather Report
    Leo Kottke
    The Animals
    Ry Cooder

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

this guy's cool but more folk so i'm not sure if it's your thing...but great lyrics.
    Nick Drake - Music on FoxyTunes Planet