First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No it's not. It's that these women see dancing, for men, as effeminate.

So why do these women feel queasy about effeminate men?

First because they are not secure in their own femininity and so require a masculine man to contrast their femininity.

The second reason is that they fear an effeminate man will not provide for them.

It is that in their minds a dancing man is simply not playing the proper role.

But role playing is for children. Real men and women dance their hearts out.
    But I mean, I don't think all males look effeminate when dancing:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlPZSAURSb8&feature=related"]this[/YOUTUBE]

for example, seems far more masculine than 90 percent of the guys you see when walking down the road, to me. At the very least, he's extremely athletic
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    But I mean, I don't think all males look effeminate when dancing: ....

for example, seems far more masculine than 90 percent of the guys you see when walking down the road, to me. At the very least, he's extremely athletic
    No, no - you misunderstand me.

Of course I don't think men look effeminate when they are dancing.

I was saying some women see men as effeminate when they are dancing.

They see men in this way because they are reflecting the cultural paradigm. And because they are reflecting their own insecurities. And also because they think it is not in their long term financial interests.

Let me say, I abhor these women and what they think, and I abhor the cultural paradigm they represent.

At the deepest level these women abhor joy, and seek to crush it out with the heels of their shoes.

MBTI
    INXP

Altering consciousness/escapism/sustaining a high.

Whether it be shakin' it to Marvin Gaye's "Chained" or slow marching to Arvo Part - it's always about connecting your mental and physical self to external sentient stimulation. This can produce anything from exuberance to states of meditation.

It's not dissimilar to your repeating four seconds of a track, no doubt.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    As far as woman and dancing goes: all women are impressed by a guy that can dance, but no girl I have known or have been with seems to like their boyfriend to dance. Somehow, I always felt that they preferred to make fun of guys for not being able to, and when this was not an available option, they involuntarily resented the situation. Not really a big deal for me, I can fake not being able to dance. There is probably an automatic (perhaps nonconscious) association between capability to dance and likelihood of cheating.
    If I were you, I'd hold out for a woman who appreciated your dancing. Seems to me there would a type of sensual barreness in woman who felt dancing was not masculine or who was threatened by it. jmo.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^ Men who can dance are sexy as.

MBTI
    INTP

Who doesn't like to dance? Apart from Stephen Fry.
    "I'm being schooled in the class of V Profane. And it's a sad lesson." - PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    No, no - you misunderstand me.

Of course I don't think men look effeminate when they are dancing.

I was saying some women see men as effeminate when they are dancing.

They see men in this way because they are reflecting the cultural paradigm. And because they are reflecting their own insecurities. And also because they think it is not in their long term financial interests.

Let me say, I abhor these women and what they think, and I abhor the cultural paradigm they represent.

At the deepest level these women abhor joy, and seek to crush it out with the heels of their shoes.
    Wrong. Some dudes can dance. Some look dorky dancing. It has to do with coordination and awareness of your body. It factors into attractiveness, like it or not. We're not sitting around waiting to crush your joy with our stillettos. If you dance like a dork and you LIKE to dance like a dork, by all means, do it. But you can't control whether people will find it attractive or not.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I submit as evidence:
    [YOUTUBE="DEwZIufmafo"]Antonio[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="bibtqDxXv1o"]Richard[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't like to dance. I'm grateful that my husband doesn't like to dance either, because if he did, then I would feel like I had to. Sometimes a little grooving happens when I'm not thinking about it but full-on standing-up dancing? Only at wedding receptions because that's where all the fun people are, and I'm mostly just watching them and moving just enough to justify being there.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Wrong. Some dudes can dance. Some look dorky dancing. It has to do with coordination and awareness of your body. It factors into attractiveness, like it or not. We're not sitting around waiting to crush your joy with our stillettos. If you dance like a dork and you LIKE to dance like a dork, by all means, do it. But you can't control whether people will find it attractive or not.
    I don't care whether people find me attractive or not.

I don't dance for other people - in fact dancing for performance revolts me.

I dance not even for myself but for my inner self - my inner self loves to dance and reveals herself to me with every step.

Should I ask her to perform, she would be insulted.

She dances for joy.

She dances not for you - and not for me - and not even for herself - but for joy.

She is gracious and loves to share her joy

She notes your antagonism towards me and would love to convert you to joy.

As long as you won't crush it with your stilletos.