User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ Don't most people secretly dance in their living rooms and isn't this for joy? It's secret joy, but joy nonetheless. But then I do know some people who never dance at all.

I do the whole dorky "dance in your car while stuck in traffic" thing... I get some pretty weird looks from other drivers.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

^ Don't most people secretly dance in their living rooms and isn't this for joy? It's secret joy, but joy nonetheless. But then I do know some people who never dance at all.
    Yeah, I thought about that as soon as I made my last post. True, I do stuff like snapping my fingers or jerks of the head/arm--not a lot of moving the hips or legs--when I'm on my own. Get into the music, but not quite dancing?

I was thinking about dancing in public. But it isn't really that clearly defined for some people.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yeah, I thought about that as soon as I made my last post. True, I do stuff like snapping my fingers or jerks of the head/arm--not a lot of moving the hips or legs--when I'm on my own. Get into the music, but not quite dancing?

I was thinking about dancing in public. But it isn't really that clearly defined for some people.
    If you're listening to music and letting the rhythm go all through your body and dictate your movement, you're dancing. jmo.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

I do the whole dorky "dance in your car while stuck in traffic" thing... I get some pretty weird looks from other drivers.
    The spawn and I were rocking the mini-van like that earlier.

Oh, this is for Hmm. I like being provided for by my man who can't dance. It's okay. I can't dance (well) either.
    [YOUTUBE="NhcqBI-Porw"]Angel and Wesley Dancing[/YOUTUBE]
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

If you're listening to music and letting the rhythm go all through your body and dictate your movement, you're dancing. jmo.
    My point is that it's not the kind of thing you can do on "the dancefloor" in public. There's not a lot of movement, most of it controlled and close to the body. It would be more like the Bill Cosby type of dancing (if you've seen the intro to the Cosby Show...). But you see what I'm saying?

And sorry for hogging discussion. If anyone else dances this way or can relate, feel free to let us know.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

My point is that it's not the kind of thing you can do on "the dancefloor" in public. There's not a lot of movement, most of it controlled and close to the body. It would be more like the Bill Cosby type of dancing (if you've seen the intro to the Cosby Show...). But you see what I'm saying?

And sorry for hogging discussion. If anyone else dances this way or can relate, feel free to let us know.
    So it's like Bill Cosby dancing, but without rhythm?

MBTI
    INFP

my mom is dancing in my room

Whyyyyyy!?

TI does not approve!

If anyone else dances this way or can relate, feel free to let us know.
    I remember after a workshop, in the bar, after a few drinks, I danced like this - similar, but not exatly the same.

It was unforgettable - the music seemed to coincide with my inner state - and I let them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I like dancing too, but I'm not a woman. From 16 to 18 I actually went to (modern) dance lessions 2 times a week, so I became pretty good (not at ballet, that would require more time). They told me I had some talent actually, but I wasn't extremely interested in going beyond.

As far as woman and dancing goes: all women are impressed by a guy that can dance, but no girl I have known or have been with seems to like their boyfriend to dance. Somehow, I always felt that they preferred to make fun of guys for not being able to, and when this was not an available option, they involuntarily resented the situation. Not really a big deal for me, I can fake not being able to dance. There is probably an automatic (perhaps nonconscious) association between capability to dance and likelihood of cheating.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    As far as woman and dancing goes: all women are impressed by a guy that can dance, but no girl I have known or have been with seems to like their boyfriend to dance. Somehow, I always felt that they preferred to make fun of guys for not being able to, and when this was not an available option, they involuntarily resented the situation. Not really a big deal for me, I can fake not being able to dance. There is probably an automatic (perhaps nonconscious) association between capability to dance and likelihood of cheating.
    No it's not. It's that these women see dancing, for men, as effeminate.

So why do these women feel queasy about effeminate men?

First because they are not secure in their own femininity and so require a masculine man to contrast their femininity.

The second reason is that they fear an effeminate man will not provide for them.

It is that in their minds a dancing man is simply not playing the proper role.

But role playing is for children. Real men and women dance their hearts out.