ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    tango on the balcony in the rain can lead to some VERY interesting things
    :starry-eyed: I'm oh so jealous! ...One day
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't like dancing in public that much because it leaves me self-conscious. There are expected ways of how to dance & people judge what is good & what is not, and that kills the fun. I think if it was more of a free expression I'd like it more - which is why I do like to dance alone. When I do like to dance, it's because it's a connection to the music, a response to it, a physical expression of how it makes you feel. I get bored with it fast though. I can't dance for hours straight like some people. After about 2 songs, I want a break...

The idea of dancing being a show for others does not appeal to me (I don't really like that much attention), and I've never been that enchanted with dancing as a performing art (although I can understand why it's an art & why some people use it as expression).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    :starry-eyed: I'm oh so jealous! ...One day
    I swear that there are events in my life that are ripped from the pages of a bad romance novel
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    tango on the balcony in the rain can lead to some VERY interesting things
    Like falling from it ?

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know why... but I absolutely love to dance. I've got rhythm in my body and like to improvise steps on the most impossible songs first. I've disco danced to the Four Seasons of Vivaldi at some point.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm not a huge fan of dancing. Maybe I'll shake my ass to some beat or swing my hips to a groove, but, you can hardly call that dancing. I just got caught up in the rhythm. However, recently, I've been trying to teach the man how to do some slow-dancing. So I'm starting a before-going-to-bed-ritual. One of us will ask the other for a dance, and we just dance around in the room in silence. It's pretty nice.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've got to say that I love dancing, watching dance, would like to develop some real skill this way, its just one of those awesome things.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm not a big fan of dancing, especially when sober... But yeah when it's a fun song, I sure dance. For girls it's easier, they don't risk looking gay with their moves
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I love dancing. It makes me feel in touch with myself.

I love watching cultural dances too! Something about music and dancing.. It's the vibes that I feel from it makes it feel so beautiful.

For me- I'm attracted to the social aspects of it- being that dancing is a form of art passed down from cultural roots.

It's pure fun, another way of expressing ourselves- even if we are hippie hands throwing in the air- frilly kind of people, or those who like to rock out freestylin, something about the energy makes it so enchanting.

I don't enjoy dancing in front of people. Well, I have no problem dancing to slow music with a partner in front of others. I like dancing by myself if it is faster music, it's fun and freeing. In fact, to me, it is best when moving with the music (whether fast or slow) than dancing to it.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau