First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

That's what those bastards get for breaking the law.

What I don't understand is that one guy created the blueprints for a strip bar and the other guy made a guitar, but how come, with all these privileges, no one ever drew up their escape plans?

MBTI
    XNXP

I took out a P.O. Box ( extra monthly expense) to be able to get art here in Chicago from prisoners in Pontiac, but they discontinued allowing them to spend much time on Art, or the resources for it, just as I got that done. ( I didn't want to have anyone that I didn't expect showing up on my doorstep. ) One guy was such a good artist he could draw lines that looked like the steel engravings used on currency. Another guy could mimic your signature, even if he saw it for the first time being written in front of him...upside down and simultaneously !! Just imagine what these guys could create if you could convince them to get into projects that were fine arts oriented. I would have to walk a fine line (heh ) , I knew. I would encourage them while being extremely frank about it all being mostly a crapshoot, and "who you know" etc. so as not to be the object of rage or frustration later.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    I took out a P.O. Box ( extra monthly expense) to be able to get art here in Chicago from prisoners in Pontiac, but they discontinued allowing them to spend much time on Art, or the resources for it, just as I got that done. ( I didn't want to have anyone that I didn't expect showing up on my doorstep. ) One guy was such a good artist he could draw lines that looked like the steel engravings used on currency. Another guy could mimic your signature, even if he saw it for the first time being written in front of him...upside down and simultaneously !! Just imagine what these guys could create if you could convince them to get into projects that were fine arts oriented. I would have to walk a fine line (heh ) , I knew. I would encourage them while being extremely frank about it all being mostly a crapshoot, and "who you know" etc. so as not to be the object of rage or frustration later.
    But there's more money to be made in counterfeiting.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    But there's more money to be made in counterfeiting.
    Of course. Way more risk, too.

If I was planning on collaborating with this man on that, I would hardly lay it out on this forum anyway. I wasn't planning on it.

There's a lot more to counterfeiting now than just getting the design right. Holograms and special fibers, and embedded this and that. Who knows what all is involved now.

Plus you have to hook up with organized crime to dispense it unless you're going to try just spending it as a individual ( versus a manufacturer ) dealing with fairly small amounts infrequently. Then organized crime has a hold on you.

( There is a hilarious true story about an old guy that had a press for $1 bills which had misspelled "Washington" or something like that. He was such a "small potatoes" guy and spent the money so very infrequently that he was "on the books" of the Secret Service for decades, IIRC, as a perennial fly in the ointment. There may have even been a movie made of this. I remember exchanging the story as text with an old girlfriend who loved it. The old guy was such a character, living in an old warehouse with only his dog for company. )
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was being purely tongue-in-cheek.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I was being purely tongue-in-cheek.
    Ahh. Someone keeps redistributing the punch lines for some of these...