User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    The Rules:
    1. You must state what it is you want to improve in your life.
    2. You must state in a very specific way how you will go about changing that thing. You can't leave it too vague because that lends itself to abuse, procrastination, and surrender.
    3. At the end of the month, you have to say whether you consider your attempt a success or failure (it has to be one or the other -- no intervals).

Good luck everyone!
    Thanks for the initiation of goal-oriented structure, Edahn! My NJ is loving you.

1. I want to be self-disciplined enough balancing work, schoolwork and chores at home, to the point where I have 3 large chunks (2-4 hours) of free-time every single week. I want to be able to put my new cross-country skis (that Salomon sells to their dealers at ridiculously low prices, btw; get a job at a cycle/ski shop!) to use regularly. Conditional to the skiing is whether or not we'll have enough snow in November to go out, but I can still establish the good habits and find ways to put those 3 chunks of time to use to keep me socially/physically healthy and balanced.
    2. I will do all my assignments ASAP just writing down the bare-bones structure and not caring about the quality, because I find laying out the skeleton of my work to be the hardest part of writing, and I spend too much time thinking without doing. I will make sure I have all my readings done for each class within three days of getting them assigned. I will get my xSFJ sister to help me ensure I do chores regularly instead of in chunks and then leaving them for a while.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ISTJ

It's not in terrible terrible shape, but I also want to push myself out of my comfort zone.

So Bella, what's your project for the month?
    My Mom and brother used to be like this. He's overseas now too, and I think the distance, combined with getting older and maturing, has changed his attitude somewhat. (He's about 27/28) It was a bit worse than you and your mom, though.
    I hope it goes well.

My project? I'll have to think about, but even then I might not plaster it all over here.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    1. I want to stop biting my nails.
    2. I will cease to place my nails in my mouth and chew them till they are severed.
    3. Aye aye cap'n.

(If it doesn't sound hard, trust me IT IS.)
    You could try wearing gloves, too.

Update, day 1: I had a good day today. I invited my mom out to lunch and then we're going to go look at a house they just put an offer on. I was a little stressed talking to her, but it was okay.

MBTI
    isfj

i want to de-clutter in preparation for the big move-in with my boyfriend.

i've done everything i can think of but i can't get rid of it. i have thrown out/given away/sold a lot of stuff!! it doesn't help that my toddler and i live in a one bedroom apartment, but there must be a way to do this (without trashing useful things or things with sentimental value)!

i had my desk clean for like 2 weeks, but now it's messy again. i'm starting to doubt my isfj-ness because i've never been a tidy person.

i think the problem is, i don't know where to start! any suggestions before i commit to this??
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    i want to de-clutter in preparation for the big move-in with my boyfriend.

i've done everything i can think of but i can't get rid of it. i have thrown out/given away/sold a lot of stuff!! it doesn't help that my toddler and i live in a one bedroom apartment, but there must be a way to do this (without trashing useful things or things with sentimental value)!

i had my desk clean for like 2 weeks, but now it's messy again. i'm starting to doubt my isfj-ness because i've never been a tidy person.

i think the problem is, i don't know where to start! any suggestions before i commit to this??
    Take a picture of your place and let us see it. Maybe we could come up with some ideas. I play a lot of Tetris. Off the top of my head, storage devices/containers might do some wonders. Furniture reorganization might help too.

MBTI
    isfj

Take a picture of your place and let us see it. Maybe we could come up with some ideas. I play a lot of Tetris. Off the top of my head, storage devices/containers might do some wonders. Furniture reorganization might help too.
    oh god no! ok, wait, maybe i will, but i will have to tidy up. i'll leave the thomas trains out though.

i'll do this tomorrow.

MBTI
    INFP

I stretched today, just in case anyone cares.

*looks awkwardly to the left*

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I stretched today, just in case anyone cares.

*looks awkwardly to the left*
    kickasp! do it again tomorrow!

MBTI
    INFP

Oh, I'm actually going to do two things for the month of November.

My second project is to stop using curse words (in posts and IRL).

It's a tasteless habit of mine.

/goes to bed.

I love this kind of thing. I come up ambitious resolutions all the time, and I fail to keep them about 98% of the time. Persistence and long term dedication have always been major weaknesses of mine. I probably fail because I don't stick with things long enough to get positive results and then I lose hope or interest. I'm impatient and I seek glory and expediency over practical results. Step by step processes, while very rewarding and realistic, have never appealed to me, but for years, I have been trying to overcome this. (Not hard enough, I suppose.) Hey, I guess I am kind of persistent! I've never quit starting new things, or even lost the motivation to try!

I want to add one new article or piece of content to my website a day. I'm in the process of giving my site a purpose and I'm also redesigning it. Once I've got it set up, I've just got to start writing.

I will work on it every day. I won't deal with time, I'll just deal with progress. One thing a day, which may often take only 20 minutes to an hour. If I had worked on it this much since I launched the site, I'd have 180 pieces of written content instead of about 30. And since I'm only doing one a day, I will also focus on refining and polishing what I write, and I'll take the time to tag everything to the best of my ability. (Tagging = making it findable through search engines.) This much progress will hopefully inspire me and motivate me enough to do more than one piece of content a day sometimes.

"When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson