User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by StoryOfMyLife View Post
    She is woman and he'll hear her roar...and then some.
    On a serious note, I can't help but feel that the quote "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" :SaiyanSmilie_anim: applied to INFJ women on a level rivaled by none.

When cornered to the furthest brink of emotional calamity (always by way of betrayal), I have been known to wield words like machetes and there's a man or two from my past still limping their way through life as a result.

--Not my proudest achievement.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Well, I think it's bound to happen sometime or another. I mean, someone who understands an INFJ will understand that we do NOT just let people into our little world. I don't know about you guys, but it is actually emotionally very difficult for me to attach to someone. I need to know they won't judge me; I need to know they won't be dishonest, and that they are being totally sincere.
    If someone gets that far under my skin so as to be really important to me, then, in my case, they are getting closer than all but one person outside my immediate family ever got. I mean, people don't realize the depth of love that's involved there, and it can be hard to even express it.
    You betray that, you betray me. And you betrayed me beyond the different "faces" and complexities and annoyances, at the very heart.
    And you'll be ripping open the very gates in hell.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Well, I think it's bound to happen sometime or another. I mean, someone who understands an INFJ will understand that we do NOT just let people into our little world. I don't know about you guys, but it is actually emotionally very difficult for me to attach to someone. I need to know they won't judge me; I need to know they won't be dishonest, and that they are being totally sincere.
    If someone gets that far under my skin so as to be really important to me, then, in my case, they are getting closer than all but one person outside my immediate family ever got. I mean, people don't realize the depth of love that's involved there, and it can be hard to even express it.
    You betray that, you betray me. And you betrayed me beyond the different "faces" and complexities and annoyances, at the very heart.
    And you'll be ripping open the very gates in hell.
    Yes, yes, and yes. I couldn't agree more with...almost everything you just said here. I have had TWO relationships and both were somewhere around 6 years ago. I was a bit naive and young[er]...I'm 24 now. I didn't think of those kinds of things until after the fact.
    I have a fear of committing to somebody or letting them get to know me completely. When it comes down to it, I've got myself convinced that if they knew absolutely everything that there is to know about me-- physically, emotionally, mentally-- that they would turn tail and run the other direction. I need that security of knowing I'm acceptable just how I am, though I'd almost never admit to it [I'm actually pretty surprised I'm doing so right now, but it's sort of a relief to know there are others out there].
    What people know about me who aren't particularly close to me are only getting a slice of the pie, rather than the entire thing. I keep a close-knit group of friends and sometimes even they don't know absolutely everything.

I suppose if I had any doubts to being an INFJ before, I ought to stomp them out now-- or is this just as common in any NF in general?
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

You sound very INFJ to me from the time I've talked to you.
    And yeah, I understand where you're coming from. For me, it wasn't so much a realization after relationships; it's just something I've come to realize on my own. I simply don't connect to people; I love them, but I don't connect. I have tons of friends, but just a few really know me fully....
    It's hard to be hurt by the ones that doe

MBTI
    ENFP

Lol, reading all this, I have changed my conception of what deep is. Deep to me now is a person that has a whole other world hidden underneath.

In all honesty, I would say I am 90% shell and 10% stuff I don't like to share (maybe because I don't even know what they are).

For the most part, I am just shell, you usually get what you see at point of purchase.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    On a serious note, I can't help but feel that the quote "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" :SaiyanSmilie_anim: applied to INFJ women on a level rivaled by none.

When cornered to the furthest brink of emotional calamity (always by way of betrayal), I have been known to wield words like machetes and there's a man or two from my past still limping their way through life as a result.

--Not my proudest achievement.
    Perhaps. But I think INFJs lack the ESxJ determination to track you to the far ends of the earth in order to make your life a constant misery; all in the name of vindication.

But the word thing-- yes I can see that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Yeah, I don't go that far. I don't see much point in that sort of revenge mentality; I don't want to hurt myself with that sort of festering hatred. It's hard enough to deal with as it is :/
    He'll have to hear all of it in one instance. Luckily, I think many INFJs know exactly where to hit if they need to

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    You sound very INFJ to me from the time I've talked to you.
    And yeah, I understand where you're coming from. For me, it wasn't so much a realization after relationships; it's just something I've come to realize on my own. I simply don't connect to people; I love them, but I don't connect. I have tons of friends, but just a few really know me fully....
    It's hard to be hurt by the ones that doe
    I sympathize there, though it seems to be my family who doesn't connect with me. They 'know' me, they've been there my whole life, but if any of them has a clue as to how I really am, I'd be very surprised. My closest friends- the ones who have some idea, at least- are the ones who seem to understand and connect with me the most. It would be more than a bit heart-wrenching to let something upset that connection. Those you become close to- do you try to keep them there for as long as possible? I've had a couple of friendships go completely wrong- one in particular I was betrayed by my supposed 'joined-at-the-hip' best friend and even while I tried to keep the relationship going, I found it too draining and my anger at her too much to even care anymore. But normally, I try very hard to keep friendships going when I feel that the person understands me on a deeper level than most others do.

Yeah, I don't go that far. I don't see much point in that sort of revenge mentality; I don't want to hurt myself with that sort of festering hatred. It's hard enough to deal with as it is :/
    He'll have to hear all of it in one instance. Luckily, I think many INFJs know exactly where to hit if they need to
    I don't tend to dwell too much and go after somebody after I've let all my steam out in one go. I may vent about it to a friend willing to listen, just to be sure it's all out of my system However, I've been known to make people cry in the past by cutting loose on them and telling them what's what if I'm that upset. I've read [several times now] that an INFJ is certainly a force to be reckoned with when they get angry or hurt by someone. It's a bit scary, but apparently very true...
    4w5

Default Cecil the Devil Cat: Cornered INFJ

When INFJs lash out... I smell a metaphor arriving... It reminds me of a story an INFP told me about their cat...

This cat is the devil and his name is Cecil. Cecil... evil... there's a correlation there. Anyhow, this is a city cat. He was once feral on the streets of Manhattan, but they took him in and fed him and lo! a monster was harbored within their bosom. He turned out to be a right vicious f*cker, but this INFP's ISFP-mother could not be parted with him. For better or worse, he became a family member. However, the addition did not prove entirely fruitless. He was a First Class mouser. And anyone from NYC knows that it is a damn fine way to pest-proof your apartment. What was so impressive about this was that Cecil had honed it to an art as he thought it was his one domestic duty --and he excelled. You could call it laziness or cockiness, but this is what he'd do.

He'd watch the mouse carefully, figure out its weakness, stalk it quietly, then strike --once and only once-- at the mouse and walk away as it lay flailing in its death throes slowly bleeding to death. Cecil was so confident of his ability to strike fatally, he didn't bother to stick around and see if it died (which it always did). He came, he saw, he kicked ass, he left.

Cecil's confidence in his killing blow reminds me of the damage an INFJ can crack out if they feel violated or ruthlessly cornered. They will do whatever is necessary to end the conflict as completely and as quickly as possible, which often means being even more ruthless in kind. Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence as we are not often in such a vulnerable position with an intimate turned savage; typically we only cotton to those we see as pure of heart and intention. (In actuality I can only speak for myself, but I think it is fair to assume that most INFJs strike at the emotional jugular in a defensive way, not vengeful given our distaste for conflict.) But, if you harbor malice in your heart, INFJ-buyer beware; any immediate threats will be treated as a jungle cat on the rampage barreling straight for us and when we take the trouble to aim, we don't aim to miss.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post

Cecil's confidence in his killing blow reminds me of the damage an INFJ can crack out if they feel violated or ruthlessly cornered. They will do whatever is necessary to end the conflict as completely and as quickly as possible, which often means being even more ruthless in kind. Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence as we are not often in such a vulnerable position with an intimate turned savage; typically we only cotton to those we see as pure of heart and intention. (In actuality I can only speak for myself, but I think it is fair to assume that most INFJs strike at the emotional jugular in a defensive way, not vengeful given our distaste for conflict.) But, if you harbor malice in your heart, INFJ-buyer beware; any immediate threats will be treated as a jungle cat on the rampage barreling straight for us and when we take the trouble to aim, we don't aim to miss.

Conflict is not my friend. I know a few people who are not INFJ typed who don't like it, however, they also don't seem to hesitate when it comes down to jumping directly into confrontation Somewhere deep down, I think they rather enjoy it.

I enjoy debates, depending on the subject, just for the sake of debate-- however true conflict, arguing based on heightened emotion...has always put me off and sort of made me want to hide my head. My mother has found out on more than one occasion, however, that if I'm ridden too hard about something that I do and will snap and lash out in the most brutal way possible-- just to get her off my back. [of course, I always feel a bit guilty for it afterward, saying things I don't always mean, but I knew at the time it was just what was needed to put an end to it all].
    4w5