User Tag List

First 456

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    I did say a few times that it is not the "correct" way of doing it; it is the "quick" way of doing it.
    It will not work with all types. I have mentioned that in a few other posts; it is not a full-proof method. It is not meant to be; it's simply a bit quicker.
    So in essence you willingly sacrifice internal consistency, mathematical accuracy, for the sake of practical applicability, it working at least somewhat?

This is the method I use because it tends to be more accurate for me. I've used it for many different relationships with my type, and it was more like my relations IRL with this method.
    But it seems to have more weight in real life and actual relationships in the cases that I have used it, rather than if I just used the same code from MBTI.
    Do you always focus like this, on your experience in dealing with the matter at hand? Like, if from your experience the practice has shown itself to be valid you use it? Also, is the way you establish validity through practical application and not through studying the internal (in)consistency of the matter, as in, mathematically making and then studying a model of something?

And I actually really doubt that it (socionics type) corresponds to MBTI most of the time;
    I second this notion. I don't think socionics and MBTI types of people correspond to a relevant degree.

But, if you know a lot about socionics, then I'll listen to your reasoning; I have not researched it quite as much as I have MBTI.
    Regarding socionics, one should be careful regarding people who present themselves as authorities. This site is a nice example of this, it's tends to be largely crackpot and yet one could easily perceive it as a source of validity.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I hate Commie MBTI.
    Why? Or is this a joke?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    So in essence you willingly sacrifice internal consistency, mathematical accuracy, for the sake of practical applicability, it working at least somewhat?

Do you always focus like this, on your experience in dealing with the matter at hand? Like, if from your experience the practice has shown itself to be valid you use it? Also, is the way you establish validity through practical application and not through studying the internal (in)consistency of the matter, as in, mathematically making and then studying a model of something?

I second this notion. I don't think socionics and MBTI types of people correspond to a relevant degree.

Regarding socionics, one should be careful regarding people who present themselves as authorities. This site is a nice example of this, it's tends to be largely crackpot and yet one could easily perceive it as a source of validity.
    The main reason I don't bother with becoming too analytical with this is because the idea of type relations is, in itself, already a very tentative system. You could mathematically calculate all you want; even if you have the perfect type pairing, it's not going to be an exact system because relationships are also dependant on circumstances and coordination.
    As far as I'm considered, practical use is about as far as you could take it. Relationship charts will only give you an outline of what a relationship may be like; therefore, I base how I use it on a trial-and-error system. I do not have any basis grounded in absolute fact for my system; I have tried it, though, and it is more accurate in the cases I have used it when I project it on my own experiences and what I know about MBTI.
    I did not present is otherwise

And no, I do not base everything I do as such; I use mathematical and rational/factual ways of coming to a conclusion often. However, the nature of this system limits that effort; I mean, even if you took the test and knew your exact type according to the socionics system, you still may not know your partners, and thus you could still only count on it being 50% accurate for sure. Not to mention that the system is not based on any concrete or mathematical system.
    So, in that case, I am more inclined to base it off of my own understanding of my relationships around me

And yeah, socionics.com is not exactly the most respectable site; I'll definitely agree with you there. Basically all they do is spew about how much better socionics is from MBTI :/ And they don't tell you anything on the actual differences, etc. If you're just messing with type relationships, though, it is not a bad starting place.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Socionics types aren't the same as MBTI types, so applying them directly without finding out your socionics type does not work.

I saw these type relations recommended on a socionics forum:
    INTP:LII,INTj
    ENTP:ILE,ENTp
    ESFJ:ESE,ESFj
    ISFJ:SEI,ISFp
    ENFJ:EIE,ENFj
    INFJ:IEI,INFp
    ISTP:LSI,ISTj
    ESTP:SLE,ESTp
    INTJ:ILI,INTp
    ENTJ:LIE,ENTj
    ESFP:SEE,ESFp