User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I reckon I'd have a great relationship with an ENTP. It would be interesting.
    No Wolfy, you wouldn't. Trust me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Well, before anyone jumps to any conclusions, socionics IS different from MBTI. The last j/p doesn't always stand for the same thing.
    So, if you don't do some lovely conversions, then it won't come out right!
    I've done some stuff with socionics, and from what I've heard, a way to kind of even it out so it's a little more accurate is to change the last j/p FOR INTROVERTS.

In other words, I'm INFJ in MBTI, but for socionics I'm INFp. And you do that for all introverts, from my experience. But it stays the same for extroverts: ENFJ is still ENFj.

So, to convert it:
    ENTp - ISFj
    ESFj - INTp
    ENFj - ISTp
    ESTp - INFj
    ESFp - INTj
    ENTj - ISFp
    ESTj - INFp
    ENFp - ISTj

There. That's better.
    Although I still wouldn't recommend going with this 100%; I'd use it as sort of a suggestion towards a type, if anything. Especially because this isn't really an exact method; it's just a tad bit more accurate, and I trust it a wee bit more myself because I've used it and could see some correlation with RL.
    No, no, no please no. This is misleading. Absolutely incorrect, completely incorrect. You have to determine your type in socionics separately - and more often than not, it corresponds to the MBTI one (all the ISFJs that are here on MBTIc are surely ISFjs on socionics, for example).
    Please study the matter more accurately before spreading incorrect information, because from this people can quickly deduce the lack of validity of something.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Jack Flak: your Te would describe how you think. Ni describes your primary method of information intake.
    Oh my goodness, don't try to "teach" me.

So, teach, you're telling me that there's no thinking involved in intuition? It's something outside the scope of the brain?

MBTI
    INFP

I think there is cognition involved in intuition, but not judgment.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

If all ESTPs are like the ones I know, I don't think it would be the best of matches.. I think Keirsey's pairing are more valid (at least there is more reason to them).
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Can you cross ref. users with search terms? I honestly don't know, but if you can, do me and "function..."

I see function theory as unnecessary conjecture. "Maybe this is going on!" And maybe not. Take MBTI function order and INTP and Ni, for example. Define Ni academically and I'm using that maybe eight hours a day. Define it based on "How INTJs think" and I never do it.
    That's a great point.
    But when you're self-testing, shouldn't you keep in mind the fact that it's asking what comes naturally?
    Wouldn't that help give you the right score?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    That's a great point.
    But when you're self-testing, shouldn't you keep in mind the fact that it's asking what comes naturally?
    Wouldn't that help give you the right score?
    I'm saying the test is likely designed around the types like INTJ so INTJs will test high in Ni. It would make sense, wouldn't it?

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm saying the test is likely designed around the types like INTJ so INTJs will test high in Ni. It would make sense, wouldn't it?
    Ah. That's circular reasoning.
    You can't do that.
    It's not scientifically honest.
    Okay. I get ya.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah. That's circular reasoning.
    You can't do that.
    It's not scientifically honest.
    Okay. I get ya.
    I can do whatever I want. The Cog Proc's obvious "Introverted Intuition" questions are like "Do you believe in fairy tales, and BS?"

Well no, I don't.

But if you define Ni slightly more loosely, or differently, yes I do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    No, no, no please no. This is misleading. Absolutely incorrect, completely incorrect. You have to determine your type in socionics separately - and more often than not, it corresponds to the MBTI one (all the ISFJs that are here on MBTIc are surely ISFjs on socionics, for example).
    Please study the matter more accurately before spreading incorrect information, because from this people can quickly deduce the lack of validity of something.
    I'm not so sure about that I did say a few times that it is not the "correct" way of doing it; it is the "quick" way of doing it. And I actually really doubt that it corresponds to MBTI most of the time; it even says on the socionics site that if you simply use the same code for both MBTI and socionics, then you have only about a 30% chance of being right because they are different systems. The j/p really change.
    This is the method I use because it tends to be more accurate for me. I've used it for many different relationships with my type, and it was more like my relations IRL with this method.
    It will not work with all types. I have mentioned that in a few other posts; it is not a full-proof method. It is not meant to be; it's simply a bit quicker. But it seems to have more weight in real life and actual relationships in the cases that I have used it, rather than if I just used the same code from MBTI.
    But, if you know a lot about socionics, then I'll listen to your reasoning; I have not researched it quite as much as I have MBTI.

Oh my goodness, don't try to "teach" me.

So, teach, you're telling me that there's no thinking involved in intuition? It's something outside the scope of the brain?
    I'm not trying to "teach" you
    In effect, this is what I was trying to say: Intuition is used as an information-gathering function. It involves how you relate to the world around you.
    Thinking would be the method you use to sort through the information, and it would have more weight in how you react in response.

So, in essence, you don't "think" with your intuition.