User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 53

  1. #11
    Senior Member gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Well, before anyone jumps to any conclusions, socionics IS different from MBTI. The last j/p doesn't always stand for the same thing.
    So, if you don't do some lovely conversions, then it won't come out right!
    I've done some stuff with socionics, and from what I've heard, a way to kind of even it out so it's a little more accurate is to change the last j/p FOR INTROVERTS.

    In other words, I'm INFJ in MBTI, but for socionics I'm INFp. And you do that for all introverts, from my experience. But it stays the same for extroverts: ENFJ is still ENFj.

    So, to convert it:
    ENTp - ISFj
    ESFj - INTp
    ENFj - ISTp
    ESTp - INFj
    ESFp - INTj
    ENTj - ISFp
    ESTj - INFp
    ENFp - ISTj

    There. That's better.
    Although I still wouldn't recommend going with this 100%; I'd use it as sort of a suggestion towards a type, if anything. Especially because this isn't really an exact method; it's just a tad bit more accurate, and I trust it a wee bit more myself because I've used it and could see some correlation with RL.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    No, you don't always do that. You have to determine your type. I'm INTp in socionics.

  3. #13
    Senior Member gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Okay; I wasn't sure it was like that for all introverts, but someone did tell me that and it went well for the ones I tried :B

    Although I think somewhere they also have the main functions; if you can find those, you can probably match them up with the main functions of a MBTI type to see which one's closest.
    I know for sure that INFp has all the main functions as INFJ....
    I might do some research on that *bored*

  4. #14
    Senior Member gloomy-optimist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Okay, when considering the first two main functions of each type in both MBTI and socionics, the end result is such:

    FeNi: ENFj ? ENFJ
    NeFi: ENFp ? ENFP
    TeNi: ENTj ? ENTJ
    NeTi: ENTp ? ENTP
    FeSi: ESFj ? ESFJ
    SeFi: ESFp ? ESFP
    TeSi: ESTj ? ESTJ
    SeTi: ESTp ? ESTP
    FiNe: INFj ? INFP
    NiFe: INFp ? INFJ
    TiNe: INTj ? INTP
    NiTe: INTp ? INTJ
    FiSe: ISFj ? ISFP
    SiFe: ISFp ? ISFJ
    TiSe: ISTj ? ISTP
    SiTe: ISTp ? ISTJ

    With the first row being the functions, the second being four-letter code belonging to socionics and the last to your MBTI equivalent.
    You can go to socionics.com and use that conversion to go through the relationship generator to have an idea of how your main functions work with another's main functions

  5. #15
    Senior Member ArbiterDewey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Socionics is highly suspect in many respects. This is one of them.

    ISTJs hands off ENFJs, there's not enough of them to go around as it is.
    You can have them, as I don't want them.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

    Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

  6. #16
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    I guess it depends on what kind of relationship you are looking for. We're INTj + INFj = look-a-like, which isn't supposed to be that great, but we're very well matched and happy. There are a lot of ESTs that I like and admire, but I don't think a relationship with one would be as satisfying as the one I have with my husband.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  7. #17
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    jackflack posted this link in another thread. i didn't want to derail the original thread, so i decided to make another one. these socionics pairings, especially the dual pairings seem very interesting to me. i definitely jumped a little when i saw my dual, but on second thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad. maybe. here are the duality pairs of all the types (ie. your type soulmate):


    ENTp - ISFp
    ESFj - INTj
    ENFj - ISTj
    ESTp - INFp
    ESFp - INTp
    ENTj - ISFj
    ESTj - INFj
    ENFp - ISTp

    odd, i know. what are your thought on this?
    I've met a couple of ESFJs. I knew an ISFJ who was my soul mate.

    I thought I read that the socionics types are not exactly the same as the MB types. Is that right?

  8. #18
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Well, before anyone jumps to any conclusions, socionics IS different from MBTI. The last j/p doesn't always stand for the same thing.
    So, if you don't do some lovely conversions, then it won't come out right!
    I've done some stuff with socionics, and from what I've heard, a way to kind of even it out so it's a little more accurate is to change the last j/p FOR INTROVERTS.

    In other words, I'm INFJ in MBTI, but for socionics I'm INFp. And you do that for all introverts, from my experience. But it stays the same for extroverts: ENFJ is still ENFj.

    So, to convert it:
    ENTp - ISFj
    ESFj - INTp
    ENFj - ISTp
    ESTp - INFj
    ESFp - INTj
    ENTj - ISFp
    ESTj - INFp
    ENFp - ISTj

    There. That's better.
    Although I still wouldn't recommend going with this 100%; I'd use it as sort of a suggestion towards a type, if anything. Especially because this isn't really an exact method; it's just a tad bit more accurate, and I trust it a wee bit more myself because I've used it and could see some correlation with RL.
    Ah. Thank you. That's what I was thinking I guess.
    ESFp - INTj
    I only have one word to say...
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo! :eek:

  9. #19
    violaine
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Okay, when considering the first two main functions of each type in both MBTI and socionics, the end result is such:

    FeNi: ENFj ? ENFJ
    NeFi: ENFp ? ENFP
    TeNi: ENTj ? ENTJ
    NeTi: ENTp ? ENTP
    FeSi: ESFj ? ESFJ
    SeFi: ESFp ? ESFP
    TeSi: ESTj ? ESTJ
    SeTi: ESTp ? ESTP
    FiNe: INFj ? INFP
    NiFe: INFp ? INFJ
    TiNe: INTj ? INTP
    NiTe: INTp ? INTJ
    FiSe: ISFj ? ISFP
    SiFe: ISFp ? ISFJ
    TiSe: ISTj ? ISTP
    SiTe: ISTp ? ISTJ

    With the first row being the functions, the second being four-letter code belonging to socionics and the last to your MBTI equivalent.
    You can go to socionics.com and use that conversion to go through the relationship generator to have an idea of how your main functions work with another's main functions

    ^I don't think it matches up as easily for everyone as their table suggests. I don't identify that well with the socionics INFp description, I have high Ni and Ne according to a cognitive functions test... best way is to use their own tool for testing, I tested INFj some time ago. Eh, I don't really like their descriptions for the most part, they're not very insightful or accurate for me. *shrug*

    (EDIT: Thanks for that tho )

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Okay; I wasn't sure it was like that for all introverts, but someone did tell me that and it went well for the ones I tried :B

    Although I think somewhere they also have the main functions; if you can find those, you can probably match them up with the main functions of a MBTI type to see which one's closest.
    I know for sure that INFp has all the main functions as INFJ....
    I might do some research on that *bored*
    I am completely aware that the functions are F'd with a capital F. Functions are silly.

Similar Threads

  1. Socionics Dual pair facebook groups
    By Azure Flame in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 06:00 AM
  2. Pairing 2 extraverted or 2 introverted functions together?
    By nightning in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
  3. MBTI vs Socionics
    By Urchin in forum Socionics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
  4. Is it reasonable to compare Socionics with MBTI?
    By Athenian200 in forum Socionics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO