User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Forum disputes

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Forum disputes

The following is a response to a snarky answer I made to a ridiculous question.

I assume that as this is a message board I'm allowed to ask what I want and that you are not obligated to answer.
    Both of these truths stand in accord with the fact that I'm allowed to answer unequivocally and even with belligerent tone.
    Another truth: I'm allowed to be offended by any given inquiry.
    Another truth: You're allowed to defend yourself against what spitefulness may ensue as a result of my hypersensitivity.
    Another truth: No one minds awareness of the inevitable interchange when they become offended by the belligerence of another poster.

People ask stupid questions. Other people mock them for it.
    I know its their right to -- that's not the concern of this thread -- but why does everyone get so defensive and state their rights?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFP

Kudos to the anonymous poster with the diplomatic comeback.

MBTI
    INTP

I would assume a lot of people have a tendency to hate the messenger, regardless of the message. One way you do that is to state your rights. I guess it feels like a diplomatic and intelligible way of stating your hatred and dislike for the messenger. It is more of a reassurance tactic.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP

Diplomatic my tits.
    It's an obnoxious failure.
    Such an obvious fact ought not be said. It's like noticing a tree in a forest, and then saying "look a tree!" as if it were something to behold.

You're fucking right they're allowed to ask what they want. But the nuance of the situation is more intricate than that.

I'm curious why they felt there was anything to defend by attempting to steer me out of the thread.
    Ignore my reputation -- the way I choose to say things matters less than the idiotic suspiciousness and defensive behavior of not just forum members, but the public in general.

Simple questions are misperceived as personal siege.

What barbs lie in simple inquiry?
    Only the thorns you'll cut yourself on in the convolutions of your own rosebush of ideas.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

My personal feelings aside:
    Why was this member so quick to jump behind the castle wall?
    What is this persistent notion that someone is out to nab you?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    istp

sometimes people say the exact opposite of what they feel to be true to reassure their emotions. i think it's a type of rationalization. the primary purpose of communication is to transmit information, so if someone is communicating when there isn't a need for the ostensible information (in this case, because it's obvious) then they are communicating something else. maybe what they are really saying is they feel hurt and they want whatever it is that is threatening them to deal with their rationalization instead of with them. maybe they are simply reassuring themselves out-loud, even if they dont feel like they were right (because of what you said) there are external rules that say so.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

People defend themselves however they know how, right? If they can't be witty, they say "I know my rights, motherfucker!" or complain to someone else. You can't blame them, but you can make fun of them I guess.

Why isn't this obvious to you, Nocapszy? Don't know know anything?

MBTI
    ENTJ

This seems like an overreaction.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    sometimes people say the exact opposite of what they feel to be true to reassure their emotions. i think it's a type of rationalization. the primary purpose of communication is to transmit information, so if someone is communicating when there isn't a need for the ostensible information (in this case, because it's obvious) then they are communicating something else. maybe what they are really saying is they feel hurt and they want whatever it is that is threatening them to deal with their rationalization instead of with them. maybe they are simply reassuring themselves out-loud, even if they dont feel like they were right (because of what you said) there are external rules that say so.
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Why isn't this obvious to you, Nocapszy? Don't know know anything?
    Do you? I wasn't asking how they defend themselves -- it's uh... obvious...

I was asking why the felt they needed to defend themselves.

I wasn't attacking. I was just shocked to see that such frivolity was taking place, made my response, and was met with the quoted section.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    This seems like an overreaction.
    That's how I roll.
    we fukin won boys

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I was asking why the felt they needed to defend themselves.
    Pride!