First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Come to think of it.

If we're immortal, we'd disappoint Einstein's law of relativity... and his quote "sit on a hot stove for a minute, it'll feel like hours... sit next to a pretty girl for an hour, it'll feel like a minute." (something to that effect)... y'all come across it?

... personally, I don't want to grow tired of my life, given that's actually true.

So, given my friends and loved ones are granted the same gift, I'd go for a solid 150 to 1000 years of life... not aging until the last 10 or 20 years, I guess.

Yes, if only for the allure of infinity to gain knowledge. No time limit.

Otherwise, no, I am loss avoidant. Esp. loss of loved ones.

MBTI
    I

I would take the gift of immortality. Who knows what happens though after we die (and before we die for that matter)?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I wouldn't, unless I would have the option of ending it at any time. I would take an extended lifetime though. It'd be great to have more time to learn things, but what happens when you've discovered everything interesting? You would fall into eternal boredom. Sure, it'd probably take a long long time before that would happen, but if your living for infinite years, it's bound to happen. Haven't you read all 5 million and a half stories with a theme to that effect?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I would take the gift of immortality. Who knows what happens though after we die (and before we die for that matter)?
    That scared the sh** out of me... good point, though.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Would you accept the gift of immortality if it was offered to you?

I honestly think I would, I have always asked myself this question and my answer has always been a constant yes. I have heard people reply that they would eventually be saddened by all the death of loved ones that would come with it, but I believe I would still accept it and take the chance to see if I could handle that kind of constant loss.

I just feel like the time we have is so short and limited, so much to do, so much to learn. I mean doesn't that just amaze you at times? just how many things there are to learn and damn it not enough time to learn it, see it, experience it all? It blows my mind sometimes.

I'm gutted I am going to miss out on so much, so yes if I had a way of becoming immortal I would take it.....unless of course it involved someone else needing to lose their life, then I would do the honourable thing.
    I agree with you. I would have a lot of pain from watching people die right and left, but I think ultimately I'd appreciate having so much time to learn. I also agree about the aging part... yeah, I'd need to not age.

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Human brain has a limited memory capacity (10^8432 bits according to a thesis). At some point of infinite lifetime the brain will be saturated with memories; for every additional bit of information one bit of stored memory must be deleted. The more you will live bits of information stored per year will decline and will tend to zero as life-span tends to infinity. However you organize the deletion process/policy you must delete some important memories and an imbalance in life will be very likely to occur - a healthy version of Alzheimer's disease.
    One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at being impossible to misunderstand. - Quintilian

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    One question

How would you hide that you are immortal?
    Hide?

Dear friend, Immortals must without a doubt end up as gods or very very lonely.

I'd take immortality. No time limits. But I would like there to be some "kryptonite" of some kind for the day when everything's been enough.

I'm pretty sure immortality'd make me an instant ESFP, and I'd spend the rest of the time getting back to being me.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Would you accept the gift of immortality if it was offered to you?

I honestly think I would, I have always asked myself this question and my answer has always been a constant yes. I have heard people reply that they would eventually be saddened by all the death of loved ones that would come with it, but I believe I would still accept it and take the chance to see if I could handle that kind of constant loss.

I just feel like the time we have is so short and limited, so much to do, so much to learn. I mean doesn't that just amaze you at times? just how many things there are to learn and damn it not enough time to learn it, see it, experience it all? It blows my mind sometimes.

I'm gutted I am going to miss out on so much, so yes if I had a way of becoming immortal I would take it.....unless of course it involved someone else needing to lose their life, then I would do the honourable thing.
    The importance of learning so many things fades when you are an immortal.

I personality would say no. What if I got bored? What if all the people in the world eventually died due one big catastrophe? ect etc

In "immortal land" it would be fun, but in "mortal land" I would prefer to remain mortal thank you very much.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    The importance of learning so many things fades when you are an immortal.
    It fades when you are mortal. You can't that simplistically dismiss the obvious and claim its opposite.