User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Would you accept the gift of immortality if it was offered to you?
    If this ever happens, I'll get back to you. Until then, I do not know. I mean, I don't really have any positive hopes for what this world will be like 1000+ years on. And if I were immortal, eventually I'd get fried by the sun blowing up. If I weren't frozen, drowned, or crushed before then. But I'm assuming immortal means immortal like Lord of the Rings elves (ie. living forever but can be killed physically or by grief), not immortal like a god (and yet, even gods can die...).
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTP

i would definitely accept. i would study everything i wanted to do.
    And i hope with the immortality would come with 20/20 vision, etc etc.

But on one condition. i can choose to die whenever. i dont think if i can't kill myself ever.. that would be despair. i like living but not for that long.

On second thoughts I think it might not be so great. I remembered the story of the student asking the Zen monk the secret to happiness.
    His answer was Father dies, son dies, grandson dies...If your family, generation after generation, disappears in the order I have described, it will be the natural course of life. This is true happiness and prosperity.

Full story.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Definitely not. While I wouldn't mind my lifespan increasing by a millennia, true immortality is what I might consider to be a curse.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Sure. But only if I could give it back when I was finished with it.

I would accept immortality for the sake of avoiding my biggest fear: Death. I am afraid to die because I don't want my life to have been a waste. Humans, in comparison to the things which have been around in one single life for hundreds of years [I'm talking like..plants here, ok? ], have a very insignificant amount of time to live. It frightens me to know I won't be here anymore. Of course, my belief in reincarnation ought to curb the fear a little, but only just. I don't want to be brought back as a cockroach or something, vile little creatures :steam:

However, immortality offered to everybody could very well result in a massive increase of overpopulation. So the stipulations being that this is something only offered to a choice few-- yes, I would take-- and that this gift could be returned once I am satisfied with my accomplishments..yes, I would take it-- and you know, staying young or at least an acceptably young enough age [let's go with 25-30 years? or current age?] works for me, too.

[then again, I suppose the short duration of a human life is incentive to make the most of it while you can? Even so, not everybody is able to reach their highest goals even with hard work and determination...a conundrum..]
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    XNXP

What other powers 'n' sech would I git from the genie ?

* Kuranes remembers the joke about asking the female genie for a little head *
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

HELL YEA

I didn't read the rest of the posts since there can be no reasonable argument countering my 'HELL YEA'.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    HELL YEA

I didn't read the rest of the posts since there can be no reasonable argument countering my 'HELL YEA'.

LOL

So long as you're satisfied by this argument, then who are the rest of us to judge?
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I would love to be immortal as long as I could learn and explore hobbies. I wouldn't want to be an immortal in a coma tose state- I am interested in everything- being immortal would actually give me an endless opportunity to learn, try and see all my hearts desire!
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

I honestly think I would, I have always asked myself this question and my answer has always been a constant yes. I have heard people reply that they would eventually be saddened by all the death of loved ones that would come with it, but I believe I would still accept it and take the chance to see if I could handle that kind of constant loss.

I just feel like the time we have is so short and limited, so much to do, so much to learn. I mean doesn't that just amaze you at times? just how many things there are to learn and damn it not enough time to learn it, see it, experience it all? It blows my mind sometimes.

I'm gutted I am going to miss out on so much, so yes if I had a way of becoming immortal I would take it.....unless of course it involved someone else needing to lose their life, then I would do the honourable thing.
    Yes, but not in an unsatisfactory state of being. Hell
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."