User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you be an immortal?

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Would you accept the gift of immortality if it was offered to you?

I honestly think I would, I have always asked myself this question and my answer has always been a constant yes. I have heard people reply that they would eventually be saddened by all the death of loved ones that would come with it, but I believe I would still accept it and take the chance to see if I could handle that kind of constant loss.

I just feel like the time we have is so short and limited, so much to do, so much to learn. I mean doesn't that just amaze you at times? just how many things there are to learn and damn it not enough time to learn it, see it, experience it all? It blows my mind sometimes.

I'm gutted I am going to miss out on so much, so yes if I had a way of becoming immortal I would take it.....unless of course it involved someone else needing to lose their life, then I would do the honourable thing.
    Not if it meant remaining in THIS WORLD. I hate it here.

5w4 sx/sp

Sure. But only if I could give it back when I was finished with it.

The Man From Earth is a good film with some relevance. Very NT friendly. SDM recommended it. I'll look for a link.

Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

No. That'd be awful.

Our time is short but long. Long enough to to encompass everything we experience. Everything you've ever thought, seen, done, etc. Giving up death is like giving up change, in my opinion. Giving up growth and change and decay. I'd feel so divorced from the world. I suppose I'd soon consider more kinship to cosmic bodies than living things. They change too though.

The worst part of any time/dimension-traveling movie is when one half of a romantic pairing is asked to give up his/her world to be with the ONE TRUE LOVE.

Only if I had a love with whom to share my immortality.

He pronks, too! Array Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    One sx/sp

Truly immortal, I would not want to be. That's just too absolute for me. But I am very saddened by how shortly I will live. I'd like to have a guaranteed 1000 years of. That much I know.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

12 and a half weeks Array BerberElla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Truly immortal, I would not want to be. That's just too absolute for me. But I am very saddened by how shortly I will live. I'd like to have a guaranteed 1000 years of. That much I know.
    Yes, I guess I could settle for that, maybe I would be offering it back after 1000yrs lol but I would take it and try, you never know til you try right?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

i'd only wanna be immortal in a war.

but in life, nah

or else whats the point in finding something worth living for?

or finding something worth dying for

Probably yes. There's so many things I'd like to do that a lifetime doesn't seem enough for me.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Yes, feel free to jump in.
    If you say so.

1.It is impossible to be an immortal in this reality. But let's play with the idea.

2.I think that people realy don't understand what means to be immortal. In this case you will never die, what creates more problems then it solves.

For example, you like writting books but about what you will write?

If you start to write novels you will have a problem becuse there is no infinite number of novels you can write without staring to repeat with time.
    Your mind has boundarys and its operates inside of them.

But there is so big number of novels that can be written that it is fun to do it once again. but with time it is unavoidable that you start to repeat yourself once again. What will you do then? Start another cycle?

What will you do after 10 cycles ? 100? 10000? 1000000?
    Will you still write novels?

What after 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 cycles ?

I mean you can mix writting with other activity but problem is still out there.

What will you do when that huge number that is writting up there will be number of zeros after number 1 .

There is a fact that you forget things with time but you always will be conscious of the fact that you have done this so many times that you will even need thousands of years to even say the number how many time did you do something.
    (becuse it is that Big)

Since you can't die, the problem will be there forever always behind you and ready to destroy any fun that comes your way.
    Since you can't die you really can't experiance any real adventure because chance of survival is 100%.

But if you are willing to give me inhuman mind in the package the deal could actually be acceptable.