User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Self-Avatars

  1. #1
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default Self-Avatars

    Who else here uses a picture of him/herself as an avatar?

  2. #2
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    I've never liked it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I've never liked it.
    Meaning you have never liked using your own picture, or you dislike it when others use theirs?

  4. #4
    Magical Firelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    I have before, but then I realized that I represent my body every day, so why have it as an avatar? That's a little too literal for my liking.

  5. #5
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I have before, but then I realized that I represent my body every day, so why have it as an avatar? That's a little too literal for my liking.
    That's a valid point. I prefer to use my own face for simplicity; that is, to avoid having to represent or be represented by anything else. It's a little odd to be strongly identified with an image that you have little to do with in reality.
    In short: this is me talking!

  6. #6
    Magical Firelie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    That's a valid point. I prefer to use my own face for simplicity; that is, to avoid having to represent or be represented by anything else. It's a little odd to be strongly identified with an image that you have little to do with in reality.
    In short: this is me talking!
    <<< And that's me eavesdropping on your talking.

  7. #7
    Senior Member TheLastMohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    <<< And that's me eavesdropping on your talking.
    I heard.


    (Yeah, your avatar is pretty awesome as it is.)

  8. #8
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastMohican View Post
    Meaning you have never liked using your own picture, or you dislike it when others use theirs?
    Both. It usually comes across as a little vain to me. But I know for many (like in your case probably), it's just a way of being more personable in an anonymous online world.

  9. #9
    EvanTheClown (ETC) Clownmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    965

    Default

    My avatar is something I want you to associate with me.

    Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

  10. #10
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    It used to be such a faux pas around here. I'm glad people have warmed up to it. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I like to see people.

Similar Threads

  1. Sexy Self-Avatar Time!
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. My avatar at the moment
    By rivercrow in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 09:49 PM
  3. Movie Star Avatar
    By ferunandesu in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 06:34 AM
  5. sentimental, self-indulgent me!
    By chatoyer in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 04:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO