User Tag List

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could send yourself an email 10 years in the past, what would you say?

Pumpernickel Array

Dear 11 year old justxher,

Not only are you f*cking great, but you are just going to become more and more great as time goes by.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, and your test on Fluid Dynamics WILL have questions from problem set 8. That is all.

Dear me.

Do not care. :clap:
    And have alot of fun!

Lungs & Lips Locked Array Unkindloving's Avatar

Dear psuedo-wise youngling,

You're 11. You look fine. Life is sweet.
    In two years you'll be an angst-ridden teen for no good reason, but don't worry it will see its end.
    Can you imagine living past 18? 20? 25? I can't attest for "25" yet, but you will if you have your own say in it.
    Things will change and you will accept things one day, really grasping their meaning. You'll benefit yourself even if hurt finds its way to you. Don't be surprised when it does- it will. Everything could change though, but you still won't want kids. That's a bonus, right? Right!
    Buck up kid.. you get to wear 5" boots for at least 3 years.

- Yourself

I would be what... 12? OMG!

Dear self,

Please don't worry about the random guys that you like now, it may seem like they are the whole world but for crying out loud, you're 12, go have fun and don't worry about smelly boys.

Also: Don't think such bad thoughts about your parents. They seem controlling, well, they are, yeah but sooner or later you'll have your own freedom. You're not ready. Stop being silly.

P.S Your hairstyle is hideous.
    P.P.S. I meant well when I said that about your hair. You'll look back mortified in the future! SAVE IT NOW!
    I am an ENFP but I value justice over mercy.

Dear teeny Brittany (I was an insanely small eight year old),

Don't read this for another five years.

Dear 13-year-old Brittany,

Learn to deal with responsibility - you start taking care of Mom and Briana next year. Do it happily and with all your heart, because once you're older, you HAVE to let go. Don't reflect everyone - let yourself be vulnerable. Fall in love. Talk with Stevie, he'll actually disagree with you. Keep writing. Get your drivers' license ASAP. Help everyone (but maybe don't give away your lunch money anymore).

Love always,
    not-so-teeny Brittany

P.S. Please don't kill yourself. I know you'll try. There are still lots of things to find.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

"You should have planned ahead for New Year's Eve 2009.
    Don't make the same mistake again for 2010!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

/X\(:: :: )/X\ Array BlueSprout's Avatar

Dear 13 year old Jane,

1. Don't let anyone take pictures of you until your eyebrows grow back, your hair grows out and your nostril hole heals. Your foundation shouldn't be the same color as your teeth. You will regret camo and lime green eyeshadow.
    2. Give up trying to figure out how to open your locker because the inability to do so might be genetic. On that note, learn to live with breaking things. Your clumsiness and freakish strength are not the result of adolescent hormones and you should accept it now.
    3. Don't let anyone intimidate you. Ever.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4

6w5 sx/sp
    ISTp None

I wouldn't tell myself anything. Everything that happened is the way it should have. Bad and all.
    ~I'm looking California, and feeling Minnesota.

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Dear Trina,

Those people are not your friends, get away from them and that negative environment. Aim higher and dont doubt your abilities. Read Rich Dad Poor Dad. Don't pay too much attention to the people who tell you what you should do but are unable to follow their own advice.

PS bad choice with the haircut, don't do it and stay the hell away from any guy call Russ.
    Also check out a band called Muse when they play at the Gov next year, they will blow your mind.
    [remove most content, replace with a research topic]

Senior Member Array HollyGolightly's Avatar
    1w2 sp/so

Dear 8 year old me.

Keep speaking up until they hear you, however long it takes.
    You are going to be hurt a lot, but you'll get through it.
    You are not fat or ugly. You actually look the best you are every going to look. Enjoy it, and stop trying to be perfect.
    You are actually very much loved. The only person who doesn't love you is you.
    You are weird, it's true, but that's fine. Stop trying to fit in, you're fooling no one and you are great the way you are.
    Stop worrying about having no boobs. In a couple of years you will have a huge rack. You'll feel self conscious of it, but you should be proud. It's the way youare meant to be so be happy about it
    By the time you are sixteen you'll have a huge arse. Don't be self conscious of that either. Plenty of people will love it
    Someone will tell you one day that people are laughing at you. Ignore them. Keep doing what you're doing. Only listen to the opinions of people you respect.

Be happy little one
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."