User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Good Grief! Your alternate time lined self would become a bit overly paranoid, don't you think?
    he's gotta know! alternate r.a is VERY wet behind the ears.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Dear onewithsoul:

Make sure to remember to put on your pants today!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

I know you're only 12, but use all of your allowance money to invest in homeland security-related stocks.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Without reading anyone else's ideas or any of the previous posts:

"Hello previous self,

This is your future self, ten years older than yourself. I figured you'd want me to give you some advice concerning the years ahead. You're going to end up as an extraordinary person due to all the changes you encounter but here are the things I'd like you to do differently than I did:

When you leave high school, be sure to take a couple of classes in community college. You can easily pay for these by saving up a little money from the part-time job you will have and not frittering it all away on frivolous things. Believe me, school is not that bad, and can actually be quite enjoyable if you take the right classes. At least you'll be setting yourself up for future possibilities instead of wasting your days with no thought for the days ahead.

Being sociable on the internet is fine and will set you up for a career through association with the medium and better social skills on one hand, but you'll probably want more social interaction in real life, too. So keep in contact with the friends you have now because they won't be around your senior year, and use them to widen your social circle. Keep phone numbers and call people all the time.

You might also want to get a car and a driver's license really soon instead of just avoiding the self-discipline of practice and saving. I know you need to help out our family, but save what you can. In a few years you'll be getting enough income to have some good buying power. Don't be careless and overdraw your account like I did.

Also, in economics your senior year, don't be such a perfectionist and just BS your current events projects, please. Teachers aren't as nit-picky as you probably think they are, and you don't have to be so literal. Besides that teacher thinks your lack of involvement is a lack of interest in the subject in general.

Although, alternative school will be really fun for you and supply you with more friends, so slacking off is up to you, I guess.

Instead of sitting around meditating and writing poetry and philosophizing for a few years, get out and socialize, too. Don't wallow in your feelings. That's not helpful at all and it's not really you, as you'll find out. Those things are fine and they'll make you a better person but they're not everything.

Don't identify as a fantasizing person because it's not truly your personality. You'll end up giving that up and finding a different identity anyway. Just learn to have fun. Don't have too many prohibitions, they're irrelevant to a life of love and liberty.

Join a band. Any band. The experience will help you tremendously. Ask everyone you see if they play something and want to start a project.

Don't waste your time pining over a girl who'll never get with you. Don't put yourself full-force into relationships, just ease yourself into things in a light-hearted fashion. Only put as much effort into it as they do.

When you get to Washington don't be so annoying to the people around you. Chill out and remember the rules. Remember, a counselor can't be alone with one kid, it looks bad. Don't buy that car, or if you do, don't just leave it on the side of the road. Make an effort to salvage it especially if someone offers to help even though they had nothing to do with the situation.

Try harder to get a job or else it'll look like you're just mooching. Hiring managers suck, that's their nature. When you go to Hot Topic make sure you greet everyone you see with alot of warmth, it'll make you look like a good potential employee. Also, make sure to wear a trendy outfit. Apply at the framing shop down the street, too. You'll end up doing framing anyway.

Going on a walk to find yourself is fine, but be sure to leave a note every time you leave because you never know when you won't be back for awhile. Or at least bring change with you so you can always call if you're going to be gone longer than you thought.

When and if you get back to Dallas don't, I repeat DON'T keep trying to save a "suicidal" person if they obviously lack the care to help themselves, no matter how much you think you can help. Some people just love the attention or like to be around you, you know that, right? I mean it should be obvious when everybody you know wants you to move close to them.

Believe me, this will save you alot of heartache in the future. Keep saving money diligently and buy a used car.

Oh, and don't trust someone just because it seems like they've become your friend. Don't excuse them just because they have pressure from higher ups and don't take their shit. While they might have good aspects to them they might also just be fucking crazy in the head. Be more confident about your ability to hold jobs with more responsibility.

Oh, and be sure to keep emailing/calling our best friend while he's in the Navy or he'll be upset about that later. Don't let the thought that it might be hard to catch him frustrate you, he needs that connection (and you do, too). Keep in contact with everyone, in fact. Your relationships are your most important asset.

Start practicing your memorization skills and pay more attention to what's going on around you now so that when your personality seems to change and life requires more responsibility you'll be ready for it.

Above all, just have fun. Meet more people, get involved in more mindless activities. There's nothing wrong with doing that and paying less attention to philosophy. Go to more shows, meet more girls.

You don't have to stay involved in punk, but at least never lose your creative style! Keep researching and buying better music all the time. Download whatever you can if only to sample.

I expect tremendous changes to happen to me and my situations a few minutes from when I send this email. If they don't, I'll expect that I just got gyped out of a couple hundred dollars and will end up having to write myself another email ten years from now.

Signed,
    Your Wiser And More Experienced Self"
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Hello, past self. This is future self. I really appreciate you walking down most of the right roads during your life to keep me strong and intelligent.

Right now, the date is August 1st, 2009. First and foremost, on September 11th, 2001, Islamic terrorists are going to hijack four planes and crash them into important landmarks. The guy behind it all is Osama Bin Laden (Oh sah mah, Bin, Lah din) I don't care how you do it, but try to prevent the attacks by contacting the FBI or faking a bomb threat to do it. Here's the surrounding information:

Early in the morning on September 11, 2001, nineteen hijackers took control of four commercial airliners en route to San Francisco and Los Angeles from Boston, Newark, and Washington, D.C. (Washington Dulles International Airport).[1] At 8:46 a.m., American Airlines Flight 11 was crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, followed by United Airlines Flight 175 which hit the South Tower at 9:03 a.m.[6][7] Another group of hijackers flew American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon at 9:37 a.m.[8] A fourth flight, United Airlines Flight 93, whose ultimate target was thought to be either the United States Capitol or White House, crashed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 10:03 a.m, after the passengers on board engaged in a fight with the hijackers.[9][10]

Also: President Bush was a terrible president, and in 2003, he'll declare war on Iraq for no good reason (he's using the 9/11 attacks as a scapegoat), causing the United States to lose billions of dollars and thousands of lives. This is no joke.

I can't guarantee you anything about how the future is going to turn up if you do this, because it'll change the events in my timeline...you can figure that out, so best of luck...But if things don't change, or they don't change that drastically, in eighth grade, Sarah has a crush on you. No joke. Figure out some way of asking her out, and don't fuck around with Mike and hit empty Faygo bottles around at lunch.

You'll be just fine, but make sure you take extra special care of Zo, because Mom will lose him around Feb. 8th, 2008. Also try to start lifting weights when you're in middle school if you can. Talk to Mr. J or Coach E to let you. To prove this isn't some kind of fake e-mail: Sciskey. Oh yeah, and don't let Russ put Zo into innertubes and stuff like that.

EDIT: Here are a lot of Lottery Numbers for Illinois during and before 9/11. Play the numbers and use this as proof that 9/11 will happen, because no one will ever hit the lottery this often.

09/11/2001 Evening Pick 3 1-7-4
    09/11/2001 Evening Pick 4 2-9-8-5
    09/11/2001 Little Lotto 10-11-22-23-28
    09/11/2001 Midday Pick 3 9-1-4
    09/11/2001 Midday Pick 4 6-0-5-6
    09/11/2001 The Big Game 03-11-33-41-49[21]
    09/10/2001 Evening Pick 3 5-0-5
    09/10/2001 Evening Pick 4 4-2-2-0
    09/10/2001 Little Lotto 02-21-23-28-29
    09/10/2001 Midday Pick 3 5-7-7
    09/10/2001 Midday Pick 4 6-0-4-6
    09/09/2001 Evening Pick 3 1-1-4
    09/09/2001 Evening Pick 4 2-3-7-2
    09/08/2001 Evening Pick 3 1-0-8
    09/08/2001 Evening Pick 4 8-4-3-1
    09/08/2001 Lotto 10-15-22-23-46-50
    09/08/2001 Midday Pick 3 1-9-8
    09/08/2001 Midday Pick 4 0-1-4-2
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dear 12 year old self:

Stop being a complete prick and stop taking the internet seriously.

kthxbye

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Dear self
    Your awesome...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dear 5-year old self,
    You're annoying.
    And when you grow up, make sure you're still an eccentric.
    kthxbai

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Dear Gloriana,

I am you ten years in the future, and I'm here to give you a message.

You're no moron, and I know right now you're really wanting to go tear your friend Paul a new asshole for fucking with your head. In the interest of preventing this, I feel it's important that I tell you something that only we know to prove my own identity as you a decade into the future.

I know you make love to your pillow, I know you whisper sweet nothings to it every night, and I know you wish real men could be as charming as your feather filled prince charming.

I know myself well enough to know that I have your attention now.

I don't want to disappoint you, but I'm not going to tell you what's going to happen. Right now I know that my 21 year old self is worrying, hoping everything will be alright and would just love some confirmation as well as details. I can't do it though, and if you think about it long enough, you'll see the reason why.

You're a writer, and you'd never forgive yourself for giving away the plot now would you?

All I can tell you is that every choice you make is going to get you right where you should be.

But you already know that, don't you?

So take care, and tell the pillow I said "Hi sexy"

-All my love,
    -Future You

P.S. Go tear Paul a new asshole anyway, it's just too fun!
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

BTW, I'm such a sappy girl and some of these letters are choking me the hell up.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien