• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] SEE-Fi in Socionics, ENFJ in MBTI

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I feel lost again and it's really frustrated me, but I did a cognitive functions test to make sure, and I am an ENFJ.

I... ugh. I'm overthinking this and it's exhausting. :dry:

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is certainly possible. What cognitive function test did you take?

Also, how do you know you are SEE-Fi in socionics?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Because I did a socionics test, obviously. I did the Celebrity Types cognitive functions test. And literally every time, I have gotten ENFJ. Like, it'll say at the bottom, "you could be ENFJ or ESFJ", but I've taken a few of their "[Type] or [Type]" tests and I have gotten ENFJ there as well.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel lost again and it's really frustrated me, but I did a cognitive functions test to make sure, and I am an ENFJ.

I... ugh. I'm overthinking this and it's exhausting. :dry:

Tests don't help very much.

I've studied both systems extensively and my opinion is that they are 75% similar with the exception of :Se:/Se and :Si:/Si.

Your type combination is very weird in my book, because :Se: (what an object can do) roughly correlates to a part of Te, whereas :Si: is an elaboration of JCF's simplistic Se.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tests don't help very much.

I've studied both systems extensively and my opinion is that they are 75% similar with the exception of :Se:/Se and :Si:/Si.

Your type combination is very weird in my book, because :Se: (what an object can do) roughly correlates to a part of Te, whereas :Si: is an elaboration of JCF's simplistic Se.

Yep. There are more differences however.

One thing; if your MBTI type and your socionics type don't match, socionics has to take precedence. This is becaue socionics actually describes the way that you are perceiving information (the way you are hard-wired, your "true type"), and not the way you appear (MBTI). For the record; I've seen people type ENFJ celebrities that are SEE-Fi in socionics.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

One thing; if your MBTI type and your socionics type don't match, socionics has to take precedence. This is becaue socionics actually describes the way that you are perceiving information (the way you are hard-wired, your "true type"), and not the way you appear (MBTI). For the record; I've seen people type ENFJ celebrities that are SEE-Fi in socionics.

If this is true then I've been using mbti like socionics.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I just feel confused and I'm not getting an answer here.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just feel confused and I'm not getting an answer here.

That if you are certain that you are SEE-Fi, you can go the legit route and type yourself ESFP in MBTI (Se Fi). Unless you really identify with the ENFJ description, in which case you could type yourself ENFJ. Or you can scrap MBTI altogether (like I have).

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That if you are certain that you are SEE-Fi, you can go the legit route and type yourself ESFP in MBTI (Se Fi). Unless you really identify with the ENFJ description, in which case you could type yourself ENFJ. Or you can scrap MBTI altogether (like I have).

I'm sticking with ENFJ. My post feels useless now. May I ask why you scrapped MBTI altogether?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before you get bogged down in cognitive function theory and MBTI vs. Socionics, read this. It's quite enlightening.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sticking with ENFJ. My post feels useless now. May I ask why you scrapped MBTI altogether?

Because I've come to the conclusion that it is a useless theory.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Because I've come to the conclusion that it is a useless theory.

And why do you think it's a useless theory? Because four letters don't represent a whole person?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And why do you think it's a useless theory? Because four letters don't represent a whole person?

Because it serves no purpose. Also, it is flawed and ridden with misconceptions and inaccuracies.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That is an odd combination but possible. They both split off from Jung, but Socionics somewhat sticks to cognitive analysis rather than behaviorism that MBTI ascribes to. In that sense, socionics is more "accurate". But from the sessions of analysis on here, you are NF. Unless you want to do another round of that..?

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay then.

I don't know what else to say. Do you want me to try to convince you to abandon MBTI and turn to socionics(which is IMO, what everyone should do)?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That is an odd combination but possible. They both split off from Jung, but Socionics somewhat sticks to cognitive analysis rather than behaviorism that MBTI ascribes to. In that sense, socionics is more "accurate". But from the sessions of analysis on here, you are NF. Unless you want to do another round of that..?

No, I'm fine with my NF. I like the cognitives as opposed to the behaviorism.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

NF? You mean, the Keirsey temperament?

I'd tell you any day that Keirsey is an utter farce of an individual.