• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] SEE-Fi in Socionics, ENFJ in MBTI

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You said it, not me! :wink::shrug:

I didn't make a statement. I asked a question, lol. The reason I asked is because I couldn't tell if your remark "okay then" was sarcastic or serious. It can be hard to tell intent through text. I also didn't get whether you understood what [MENTION=29951]erg[/MENTION] meant because he clearly said socionics was more cognitive-driven and MBTI more behavior driven. And yet, despite him saying that you said you were fine with "NF" and yet said you prefer the cognitive as opposed to the behaviorist...so I'm a little confused.

I'm not telling you what to prefer in terms of personality systems, but I just like things to be clear.:newwink:;)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I didn't make a statement. I asked a question, lol. The reason I asked is because I couldn't tell if your remark "okay then" was sarcastic or serious. It can be hard to tell intent through text. I also didn't get whether you understood what [MENTION=29951]erg[/MENTION] meant because he clearly said socionics was more cognitive-driven and MBTI more behavior driven. And yet, despite him saying that you said you were fine with "NF" and yet said you prefer the cognitive as opposed to the behaviorist...so I'm a little confused.

I'm not telling you what to prefer in terms of personality systems, but I just like things to be clear.:newwink:;)

I meant I'm "fine with my NF" because I don't question it. I responded the way I did because I figured the conversation was finished.

Enneagram
9w1
ye socionics is information metabolism and mbti is ..how you react towards stimuli

socionics is perception, mbti is judgement.. or that's how I've come to see it.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ye socionics is information metabolism and mbti is ..how you react towards stimuli

socionics is perception, mbti is judgement.. or that's how I've come to see it.

Hmmmm that's interesting.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel lost again and it's really frustrated me, but I did a cognitive functions test to make sure, and I am an ENFJ.

I... ugh. I'm overthinking this and it's exhausting. :dry:
You just need to put in the effort and time into studying the theory. There's no way around it. No tests, no forum discussions, no asking for stranger on the internet opinions is going to substitute for it. There's no quick fix to finding your type besides reading thoroughly about cognitive functions and types and introspecting. This might take you weeks, even months, but if you're fully on board with figuring out your type once and for all you'll make that investment.

Where to begin figuring out your Socionics type - carefully studying ENFj and ESFp profiles, reading about their intertype relations from those same pages, looking at their dichotomies and small groupings, reading about which information elements they value and the functional roles those elements fulfill for them (ESFP si SeFi and ENFJ is FeNi).

Recommended for anyone wanting to seriously get into Socionics and MBTI - reading through the entire text of Chapter 10 of Jung's Psychological types: Jung's CH 10.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You just need to put in the effort and time into studying the theory. There's no way around it. No tests, no forum discussions, no asking for stranger on the internet opinions is going to substitute for it. There's no quick fix to finding your type besides reading thoroughly about cognitive functions and types and introspecting. This might take you weeks, even months, but if you're fully on board with figuring out your type once and for all you'll make that investment.

Where to begin figuring out your Socionics type - carefully studying ENFj and ESFp profiles, reading about their intertype relations from those same pages, looking at their dichotomies and small groupings, reading about which information elements they value and the functional roles those elements fulfill for them (ESFP si SeFi and ENFJ is FeNi).

Recommended for anyone wanting to seriously get into Socionics and MBTI - reading through the entire text of Chapter 10 of Jung's Psychological types: Jung's CH 10.

True. The Jung chapter really intimidates me; I'll try the Wiki's first.