• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Delta] Delta and Beta: Opinions on their relationship

Justmeonhere

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi Delta friends!:bye: I have created this thread for talking about the relationship between these two quadras. We don't share any function. We have Fi, Ne, Si and Te and them have Fe, Ni, Se, Ti. We're different but who says we can't get along? What do you think? It's impossible a friendship/relationship between these two quadras? You know some Betas? Do you get along well or not? Answers are welcomed not only from Deltas but even between Betas who want to share their opinions. Alphas and Gammas opinions are welcomed too! I'll write something about my experience later.:bye:

Last edited:

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sure, they can get along. I've seen it many times.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any types can get along, even conflictors.

Deltas usually perceive betas as "too crazy" and betas perceive deltas as "boring".

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Others have noticed before that opposite quadras get along even better than the adjacent ones. The explanation that was proposed was being on the same side of Democratic-Aristocratic dichotomy. Betas and Deltas are "Aristocratic" types, which means that their ways of social mingling, bonding, establishing personal connections is similar to each other, despite valuing opposite information elements. This makes it easier for them to be in each other's company than with "democratic" Alpha and Gamma types even if they share half their IEs.

related discussion on 16t -- Opposing quadras and Aristocracy/Democracy

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Deltas and Betas share no functions, but in both quadras you can find NF and ST types. Beta and Delta NFs and STs are very similar on the surface, they usually like the same things, have the same interests, share common faults and common issues. The thing that really differs these quadras is the approach which they take to deal with these things and this approach is absolutely fundamentaly different. Even though they might share common hobies, they are driven by different motivations, different value and different expectations.
Usually when Betas and Deltas don't know each other quite well and for example a Beta ST type meets a Delta ST type they might find a lot in common, they might have similar interests, but as they would move forward in the debate they would only learn that their standpoint is extremelly different and that they can never find a common resulution to the same issue. Betas and Deltas might to the same stuff, but both approaches it for fundametally different reasons.