• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi vs Fe

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know that socionics functions can be different then in MBTI. I wonder if I am not focusing too much on what I know from MBTI and missing the points of socionics. Can someone explain introverted and extroverted ethics in what they mean in socionics please? Socionics Fi seems to be different in the way it's described to be more rigid and conservative in socionics and Fe is less about helping/empathy and more about influencing others, having an impact in society. Although those are just my ideas, I wonder what others have to say.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From what I understand, socionics Fe is more about controlling and influencing the emotional atmosphere. It likes when things are lighthearted and when everyone gets along. The Fe user fairly easily is able to "transfer" their emotional state to others.

As for Fi, I don't know.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
From what I have read Fi is like seeing world through emotional content where as Fe type does not really respect its state of being by trying to make an effect towards desired emotional state.

It also should be noted that Fi is conscious function with Ti ego where it is suppressed and among Fi egos where Ti is suppressed. Same goes with Fe egos and Te egos. Ti egos appreciate Fe but is unconscious and Fi egos appreciate Te but it is unconscious. Same goes with Fe egos (appreciate Ti) and Te egos (appreciate Fi). So called mobilizing and suggestive elements can have quite strong influence even though they are unconscious.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi is more a solitary, or one on one emotional experience. Fe is more a group or even sports stadium experience.

I used to think I was Fe dom in socionics, until I realized there is no Fe in me at all; I am fairly emotionally guarded, value one on one relations, get pleasure from one on one relations and get no pleasure from interacting with groups. I realize this might be termed just "introversion" in MBTI but in socionics its intorverted ethics. I enjoy parties for example, but when I'm there I like to interact with small groups or better, just one on one. I like the possibility of meeting new people or seeing people I don't see often, but I don't enjoy having to immerse myself in group atmosphere, cheerful company etc. My emotions or moods often come from an external stimulus, like my environment, but I don't don't want to be infuenced by other people emotionally or to infuence them; to each their own moods.

Basically, Fe is about immmersing one's own emotional state in the emotional atmosphere around the Fe user, to become more and more immersed in one's emotional surroundings, and to infuence those settings in return, whereas Fi gets its moods from the subjective reactions of the user, and tries to experience moods in a more intimate setting.

Last edited:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:Fi: is about depth of emotion -- feeling an emotion in relation to yourself, immersing yourself in the intense emotional exchange between people in a small, intimate setting. It also entails empathy, as empathy requires you to put yourself in the shoes of others to know what they're feeling, and :Fi: is all about immersing yourself to know that feeling.

:Fe: is about breadth of emotion -- feeling an emotion in relation to what others are feeling, where you echo, direct or control the flow of emotions between people in a small or large setting. It entails sympathy, where everyone feels something even though they don't feel it themselves internally.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi can be helping others too...if not only emerged in one's emotions...
It seems dominant Fi is very much aware of his/her emotional voids and deep feelings...
Introverted world...Imaginary or real...

I've seen many Fi able to cope with frustrating situations...sometimes not knowing how to act... whereas Fe would be more struggling, would try to change things in the outside world.

Val

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I know that socionics functions can be different then in MBTI. I wonder if I am not focusing too much on what I know from MBTI and missing the points of socionics. Can someone explain introverted and extroverted ethics in what they mean in socionics please? Socionics Fi seems to be different in the way it's described to be more rigid and conservative in socionics and Fe is less about helping/empathy and more about influencing others, having an impact in society. Although those are just my ideas, I wonder what others have to say.

You want to scrap everything you've learned about Socionics, just being honest. Fi is, roughly speaking, knowing what you want in relationships, and having ability to regulate that. Fe is, roughly speaking, emotional display appropriate to the situation.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ let the battle of the 3 lettered users begin.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ let the battle of the 3 lettered users begin.

^ Shut the fuck up.

You want to scrap everything you've learned about Socionics, just being honest. Fi is, roughly speaking, knowing what you want in relationships, and having ability to regulate that. Fe is, roughly speaking, emotional display appropriate to the situation.

Was that appropriate?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By your profile, you have 3, 4 and 5.

I have none in my profile, but I have useful information pertaining to it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
By your profile, you have 3, 4 and 5.

I have none in my profile, but I have useful information pertaining to it.

I could see this as highly insulting unless you clarify and hope I am misunderstanding you greatly and that's very much an overreaction for a very small and insignificant joke with not much water behind it.

And to clarify, three letters are their usernames tyvm not indirect insults to vulgar words

This has nothing to do with you

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could see this as highly insulting unless you clarify and hope I am misunderstanding you greatly and that's very much an overreaction for a very small and insignificant joke with not much water behind it.

And to clarify, three letters are their usernames tyvm not indirect insults to vulgar words

This has nothing to do with you

I thought you were talking about socionics types, since this is a socionics sub-forum. I replied in check as well. Perhaps you should look back to your post as well.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is one of the most abstract disagreements I've ever encountered. :rock:

a meta-argument about what kind of three-lettered users are going to disagree.....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought you were talking about socionics types, since this is a socionics sub-forum. I replied in check as well. Perhaps you should look back to your post as well.

Wow. That could change the dynamics of this forum argument. :laugh:

Now what is meant by 3,4, and 5.
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] a lot of my jokes and comments irl are meta! Haha. Doesn't make me too popular but it gets pretty cool when someone wants to jump in. *enclosement of arms to display affection*

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow. That could change the dynamics of this forum argument. :laugh:

Now what is meant by 3,4, and 5.
[MENTION=14857]labyrinthine[/MENTION] a lot of my jokes and comments irl are meta! Haha. Doesn't make me too popular but it gets pretty cool when someone wants to jump in. *enclosement of arms to display affection*

Haha.

Count the number of letters in each of the typology system.

Enneagram
9w1
Fi is meant to be felt and understood (reacts to stimulus in a way that promotes introspection so that one may judge it and see how it situates with them personally, more stable and static than Fe; in that it remains relatively consistent in its judgements (ExFp less so because it prioritizes it's Fi for its desire to explore and take up more space in the world of ideas and people), Fe is meant to be felt and acted upon (reacts to stimulus in a way that promotes activity for some cause, whether the cause is unconscious or mentally planned; more mobile and dynamic than Fi, in that it changes very easily in the moment (IxFp less so because it prioritizes its Fe to help them create the best, most refined experiences that best create their worldview and sense of placement in the world)). :shrug: that's how I see it, and if this is right then I'm more likely an Fi valuing type, Leading or Hidden Agenda.