User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Fi vs Fe

Default Fi vs Fe

I know that socionics functions can be different then in MBTI. I wonder if I am not focusing too much on what I know from MBTI and missing the points of socionics. Can someone explain introverted and extroverted ethics in what they mean in socionics please? Socionics Fi seems to be different in the way it's described to be more rigid and conservative in socionics and Fe is less about helping/empathy and more about influencing others, having an impact in society. Although those are just my ideas, I wonder what others have to say.
    Likes OrangeAppled, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

From what I understand, socionics Fe is more about controlling and influencing the emotional atmosphere. It likes when things are lighthearted and when everyone gets along. The Fe user fairly easily is able to "transfer" their emotional state to others.

As for Fi, I don't know.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes All liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    bs
    Socionics
    ILE None

From what I have read Fi is like seeing world through emotional content where as Fe type does not really respect its state of being by trying to make an effect towards desired emotional state.

It also should be noted that Fi is conscious function with Ti ego where it is suppressed and among Fi egos where Ti is suppressed. Same goes with Fe egos and Te egos. Ti egos appreciate Fe but is unconscious and Fi egos appreciate Te but it is unconscious. Same goes with Fe egos (appreciate Ti) and Te egos (appreciate Fi). So called mobilizing and suggestive elements can have quite strong influence even though they are unconscious.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Fi is more a solitary, or one on one emotional experience. Fe is more a group or even sports stadium experience.

I used to think I was Fe dom in socionics, until I realized there is no Fe in me at all; I am fairly emotionally guarded, value one on one relations, get pleasure from one on one relations and get no pleasure from interacting with groups. I realize this might be termed just "introversion" in MBTI but in socionics its intorverted ethics. I enjoy parties for example, but when I'm there I like to interact with small groups or better, just one on one. I like the possibility of meeting new people or seeing people I don't see often, but I don't enjoy having to immerse myself in group atmosphere, cheerful company etc. My emotions or moods often come from an external stimulus, like my environment, but I don't don't want to be infuenced by other people emotionally or to infuence them; to each their own moods.

Basically, Fe is about immmersing one's own emotional state in the emotional atmosphere around the Fe user, to become more and more immersed in one's emotional surroundings, and to infuence those settings in return, whereas Fi gets its moods from the subjective reactions of the user, and tries to experience moods in a more intimate setting.
    Last edited by Typh0n; 09-23-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

is about depth of emotion -- feeling an emotion in relation to yourself, immersing yourself in the intense emotional exchange between people in a small, intimate setting. It also entails empathy, as empathy requires you to put yourself in the shoes of others to know what they're feeling, and is all about immersing yourself to know that feeling.

is about breadth of emotion -- feeling an emotion in relation to what others are feeling, where you echo, direct or control the flow of emotions between people in a small or large setting. It entails sympathy, where everyone feels something even though they don't feel it themselves internally.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5
    Likes Typh0n, shuawei, Masokissed, All liked this post

Senior Member RedAmazoneFriendZone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Fi can be helping others too...if not only emerged in one's emotions...
    It seems dominant Fi is very much aware of his/her emotional voids and deep feelings...
    Introverted world...Imaginary or real...

I've seen many Fi able to cope with frustrating situations...sometimes not knowing how to act... whereas Fe would be more struggling, would try to change things in the outside world.
    ALL THAT WE SEE OR SEEM TO BE IS BUT A DREAM WITHIN A DREAM
    Likes shuawei liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    I know that socionics functions can be different then in MBTI. I wonder if I am not focusing too much on what I know from MBTI and missing the points of socionics. Can someone explain introverted and extroverted ethics in what they mean in socionics please? Socionics Fi seems to be different in the way it's described to be more rigid and conservative in socionics and Fe is less about helping/empathy and more about influencing others, having an impact in society. Although those are just my ideas, I wonder what others have to say.
    You want to scrap everything you've learned about Socionics, just being honest. Fi is, roughly speaking, knowing what you want in relationships, and having ability to regulate that. Fe is, roughly speaking, emotional display appropriate to the situation.
    Likes Kierva, Typh0n liked this post

^ let the battle of the 3 lettered users begin.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    ^ let the battle of the 3 lettered users begin.
    ^ Shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    You want to scrap everything you've learned about Socionics, just being honest. Fi is, roughly speaking, knowing what you want in relationships, and having ability to regulate that. Fe is, roughly speaking, emotional display appropriate to the situation.
    Was that appropriate?
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Quote Originally Posted by Kierva View Post
    ^ Shut the fuck up.
    No need to be hostile bro