Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default IEE in the MBTI

Just curious for those of you well versed in Socionics. While I generally see myself as ENFP in MBTI, there are still plenty of times I can see myself as some other type, one thing that does seem to highly resonate with me though, is the IEE Fi subtype in Socionics.

So, other than ENFP, are there any other potential MBTI types this Socionics type may correlate to? Thanks!
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Just curious for those of you well versed in Socionics. While I generally see myself as ENFP in MBTI, there are still plenty of times I can see myself as some other type, one thing that does seem to highly resonate with me though, is the IEE Fi subtype in Socionics.

So, other than ENFP, are there any other potential MBTI types this Socionics type may correlate to? Thanks!
    I'm of the opinion that Jungian cognitive functions and Socionics functions overlap, with the exception of and , where I find that they are completely different.

is weird mix of JCF Se and Te, whereas is Se with an emphasis on internal sensations and environmental aesthetics.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, yama, Masokissed, Typh0n liked this post

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You might want to compare Socionics definitions and JCF definitions as well.
    C#2-C#5-F#5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Thank you @Kierva for providing the links! I guess the difficulty in comparing the two personality systems is that there is much overlap but also some differences within those overlaps of definition. Maybe I'm also just looking at the wrong type descriptions and behavioral tendencies for ENFP types. But typically, they are much too general for me and really, I find most anyone can apply themselves to just about any MBTI type using the standard image of each. It's like going to a fortune teller.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thank you @Kierva for providing the links! I guess the difficulty in comparing the two personality systems is that there is much overlap but also some differences within those overlaps of definition. Maybe I'm also just looking at the wrong type descriptions and behavioral tendencies for ENFP types. But typically, they are much too general for me and really, I find most anyone can apply themselves to just about any MBTI type using the standard image of each. It's like going to a fortune teller.
    I agree. Descriptions aren't that helpful because you can change yourself to fit the description. Your best bet is to learn and understand all the functions, go through life and reflect on which functions you have used, how you used it, and then deciding which functions you are most comfortable with.

For myself, I find myself using Se, Ni, Te, Fi almost equally, but I'm most at home using Se and Te.
    C#2-C#5-F#5

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I feel you with this. With MBTI I probably feel more INFP, sometimes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I am IEE Ne and sometimes, come close to ENTP in demeanor/personality. So my guess is that as IEE Fi would make you closer to INFP! Of course, ENTPs have Ti/Fe and we don't, and INFPs have inferior Te and tertiary Si while we are Te>Si anyday. So not completely, but these would be our closest types!
    =

I am just pulling this out of my hat and if challenged for logical consistency or data accuracy, my disclaimer is that I am multitasking at work, have ADHD and was chased by a German Shepherd (dog) as a child.
    Last edited by Mvika; 08-26-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: The symbols were split up into two lines
    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

-Kahlil Gibran in The Prophet

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mvika View Post
    I am IEE Ne and sometimes, come close to ENTP in demeanor/personality. So my guess is that as IEE Fi would make you closer to INFP! Of course, ENTPs have Ti/Fe and we don't, and INFPs have inferior Te and tertiary Si while we are Te>Si anyday. So not completely, but these would be our closest types!
    =

I am just pulling this out of my hat and if challenged for logical consistency or data accuracy, my disclaimer is that I am multitasking at work, have ADHD and was chased by a German Shepherd (dog) as a child.
    Your story is touching, but made me laugh too haha. I have ADHD, the combined type, so I definitely fluctuate between space cadet and in your face hyper excitement. And that's interesting! How you relate to the ENTP type. And yes, I definitely feel I may be INFP on more than one occasion. Fun to think a subtype in Socionics may offer that much of a difference to things. Like, I definitely feel I have a strong Ne, but I also feel my Fi is strong too. They actually feel balanced to me in some ways.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Mvika liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteenly View Post
    I feel you with this. With MBTI I probably feel more INFP, sometimes.
    Oh ya, totally! I sometimes I feel I am really just an outgoing INFP lol. Wait...is there an Ne subtype to INFP in Socionics? That'd be an interesting comparo to make perhaps?
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes Mvika liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    964 so/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Oh ya, totally! I sometimes I feel I am really just an outgoing INFP lol. Wait...is there an Ne subtype to INFP in Socionics? That'd be an interesting comparo to make perhaps?
    I assume so. I got IEE-Ne (ENFP) the last time I took the Socionics test.