• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IEE in the MBTI

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just curious for those of you well versed in Socionics. While I generally see myself as ENFP in MBTI, there are still plenty of times I can see myself as some other type, one thing that does seem to highly resonate with me though, is the IEE Fi subtype in Socionics.

So, other than ENFP, are there any other potential MBTI types this Socionics type may correlate to? Thanks! :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just curious for those of you well versed in Socionics. While I generally see myself as ENFP in MBTI, there are still plenty of times I can see myself as some other type, one thing that does seem to highly resonate with me though, is the IEE Fi subtype in Socionics.

So, other than ENFP, are there any other potential MBTI types this Socionics type may correlate to? Thanks! :D

I'm of the opinion that Jungian cognitive functions and Socionics functions overlap, with the exception of :Si: and :Se:, where I find that they are completely different.

:Se: is weird mix of JCF Se and Te, whereas :Si: is Se with an emphasis on internal sensations and environmental aesthetics.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Thank you [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] for providing the links! I guess the difficulty in comparing the two personality systems is that there is much overlap but also some differences within those overlaps of definition. Maybe I'm also just looking at the wrong type descriptions and behavioral tendencies for ENFP types. But typically, they are much too general for me and really, I find most anyone can apply themselves to just about any MBTI type using the standard image of each. It's like going to a fortune teller.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] for providing the links! I guess the difficulty in comparing the two personality systems is that there is much overlap but also some differences within those overlaps of definition. Maybe I'm also just looking at the wrong type descriptions and behavioral tendencies for ENFP types. But typically, they are much too general for me and really, I find most anyone can apply themselves to just about any MBTI type using the standard image of each. It's like going to a fortune teller.

I agree. Descriptions aren't that helpful because you can change yourself to fit the description. Your best bet is to learn and understand all the functions, go through life and reflect on which functions you have used, how you used it, and then deciding which functions you are most comfortable with.

For myself, I find myself using Se, Ni, Te, Fi almost equally, but I'm most at home using Se and Te.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I feel you with this. With MBTI I probably feel more INFP, sometimes.

Mvika

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am IEE Ne and sometimes, come close to ENTP in demeanor/personality. So my guess is that as IEE Fi would make you closer to INFP! Of course, ENTPs have Ti/Fe and we don't, and INFPs have inferior Te and tertiary Si while we are Te>Si anyday. So not completely, but these would be our closest types!
:Ne::Fi::Te::Si: =:harhar:

I am just pulling this out of my hat and if challenged for logical consistency or data accuracy, my disclaimer is that I am multitasking at work, have ADHD and was chased by a German Shepherd (dog) as a child.:boohoo:

Last edited:

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I am IEE Ne and sometimes, come close to ENTP in demeanor/personality. So my guess is that as IEE Fi would make you closer to INFP! Of course, ENTPs have Ti/Fe and we don't, and INFPs have inferior Te and tertiary Si while we are Te>Si anyday. So not completely, but these would be our closest types!
:Ne::Fi::Te::Si: =:harhar:

I am just pulling this out of my hat and if challenged for logical consistency or data accuracy, my disclaimer is that I am multitasking at work, have ADHD and was chased by a German Shepherd (dog) as a child.:boohoo:

Your story is touching, but made me laugh too haha. I have ADHD, the combined type, so I definitely fluctuate between space cadet and in your face hyper excitement. And that's interesting! How you relate to the ENTP type. And yes, I definitely feel I may be INFP on more than one occasion. Fun to think a subtype in Socionics may offer that much of a difference to things. Like, I definitely feel I have a strong Ne, but I also feel my Fi is strong too. They actually feel balanced to me in some ways.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel you with this. With MBTI I probably feel more INFP, sometimes.

Oh ya, totally! I sometimes I feel I am really just an outgoing INFP lol. Wait...is there an Ne subtype to INFP in Socionics? That'd be an interesting comparo to make perhaps?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh ya, totally! I sometimes I feel I am really just an outgoing INFP lol. Wait...is there an Ne subtype to INFP in Socionics? That'd be an interesting comparo to make perhaps?

I assume so. I got IEE-Ne (ENFP) the last time I took the Socionics test.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Essentially difference between :Se: and :Si: can be explained by socionics and MBTI different interpretation of conscious functions. The confusion rises from there. It is hard to wrap your mind around it when it is weak.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Essentially difference between :Se: and :Si: can be explained by socionics and MBTI different interpretation of conscious functions. The confusion rises from there. It is hard to wrap your mind around it when it is weak.

Personally I find socionics' version of Si to be kind of weird and I don't relate to how literal/physical it is, but I have been attributing that to my sp-last in enneagram. Why is there so much more of a difference in how the two systems explain sensing versus the other functions?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I find socionics' version of Si to be kind of weird and I don't relate to how literal/physical it is, but I have been attributing that to my sp-last in enneagram. Why is there so much more of a difference in how the two systems explain sensing versus the other functions?

I don't know how else to explain it other than different interpretations.

You'd have to ask Augusta herself.

Addendum:

Wikisocion said:
Si is associated with the ability to internalize sensations and to experience them in full detail.

Si focuses on tangible, direct (external) connections (introverted) between processes (dynamic) happening in one time, i.e. the physical, sensual experience of interactions between objects. This leads to an awareness of internal tangible physical states and how various physical fluctuations or substances are directly transferred between objects, such as motion, temperature, or dirtiness. The awareness of these tangible physical processes consequently leads to an awareness of health, or an optimum balance with one's environment. The individual physical reaction to concrete surroundings is main way we perceive and define aesthetics, comfort, convenience, and pleasure.

In contrast to extroverted sensing Se, Si is related to following one's own needs instead of focusing on some externally-driven conception of what is necessary to acquire or achieve. So, whereas Se ego types feel capable to evaluate how justified others' preferences are, Si ego types will try to adjust to them in any way possible (given that it does not extremely affect their own comfort), wishing to minimize conflict.

In contrast to introverted intuition Ni, Si is about direct interaction and unity (or discord) with one's surroundings, rather than abstract process and causal links.

Types that value Si prefer to spend their time doing enjoyable activities rather than straining themselves to achieve goals. They like to believe that if activities are done with enjoyment, people will give them more effort and time, and also becoming more skilled at what they are doing in the long run. They believe that goals should suit people's intrinsic needs rather than shaped by the demands and constraints of the external world, and so do not try to force others into doing things they don't want to do. They also try to be easygoing and pleasant, preferring peaceful coexistence to conflict, except when their personal well-being or comfort is directly at stake.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Addendum:

It's weird because I relate to it but I also don't. I relate to the idea that they like comfort and harmonious surroundings and would rather play than work, but when it gets... sensual... literal... I lose it. Like gurl I have to set alarms just so I remember to eat and it makes it sound like I'm supposed to have this constant awareness of my surroundings. :cry:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's weird because I relate to it but I also don't. I relate to the idea that they like comfort and harmonious surroundings and would rather play than work, but when it gets... sensual... literal... I lose it. Like gurl I have to set alarms just so I remember to eat and it makes it sound like I'm supposed to have this constant awareness of my surroundings. :cry:

I'd imagine your enneagram stacking has something to do with it. Maybe you like comfort and harmonious surroundings, but in relation to people and emotional atmospheres?

If so, have you considered Fe-SEI?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd imagine your enneagram stacking has something to do with it. Maybe you like comfort and harmonious surroundings, but in relation to people and emotional atmospheres?

If so, have you considered Fe-SEI?

I've definitely considered it and am still open about the possibility. Socionics Fe is something that really resonates with me, much more than MBTI Fe. Though what I've read about the SEI-Fe subtype makes them sound more open/extroverted/"warm" than I perceive myself. Though I admit, online descriptions are usually crap.

When it comes to comfort, I want it all. I want stress-free atmosphere, conflict-free relationships, and clean surroundings.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've definitely considered it and am still open about the possibility. Socionics Fe is something that really resonates with me, much more than MBTI Fe. Though what I've read about the SEI-Fe subtype makes them sound more open/extroverted/"warm" than I perceive myself. Though I admit, online descriptions are usually crap.

When it comes to comfort, I want it all. I want stress-free atmosphere, conflict-free relationships, and clean surroundings.

There are different flavors of the same thing.

Personally, I'm the spicy kind.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are different flavors of the same thing.

Personally, I'm the spicy kind.

Can I be salty? Salt is my favorite. And I'm angry all the time so it fits.

In any case, I'll be pondering about it. If you have any good resources beyond my shallow googling they would be much appreciated. If not, that is also acceptable, but only because you are of the Lux Tribe

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can I be salty? Salt is my favorite. And I'm angry all the time so it fits.

In any case, I'll be pondering about it. If you have any good resources beyond my shallow googling they would be much appreciated. If not, that is also acceptable, but only because you are of the Lux Tribe

Salt and vinegar chips? I LOVE IT.

Here's a list of definitions for you to get started:

saskiazaaza

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI I'm INFP , but in socionics i'm more IEE and Fi subtype

Because , i have really poor Ti like i'm architecture student and it has technical drawing study. Then , technical drawing is more Ti thing tbh.