• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quadra behavior

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't follow.

What I'm saying is that the different quadras can see something the same way (Beta/Gamma sharing :Se: and :Ni:) in order for them to get along, because a lot of it is sharing perspective, and respecting different decisions :)Fe:/:Ti: vs :Fi:/:Te:).

I don't really see how having the same decision making functions would lead to harmony, especially if parties involved see things VERY differently.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What I'm saying is that the different quadras can see something the same way (Beta/Gamma sharing :Se: and :Ni:) in order for them to get along, because a lot of it is sharing perspective, and respecting different decisions :)Fe:/:Ti: vs :Fi:/:Te:).

I don't really see how having the same decision making functions would lead to harmony, especially if parties involved see things VERY differently.

I'm pretty confused at this point.

I don't see why they are decision making functions? unless I am missing something, they are not all in the ego block. They are just valued functions, some may be weak and valued other strong and valued.

I'm also not implying the type of sharing relationships more just things in common that make it easier for communication rather than complimentary.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you think you have a better Delta description, do write it down. It will be nice to see the parts that I might have missed out.

Sharing an atmoshpere with other people and for other people is definitely an Fe featuer, Fe in socionics is all about influencing and creating an emotional atmosphere, but Fi is about strong feelings of like/dislike and strong interpersonal relationships between two people, or among very specific range of friends.

Comfort, home, coziness are all Si valuing aspects, which delta does have, but in combination with Te instead of Fe it's more about how can I make a thing work well while I can still enjoy myself? far more than about sharing a comfortable atmosphere with anyone.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't see why they are decision making functions? unless I am missing something, they are not all in the ego block. They are just valued functions, some may be weak and valued other strong and valued.

I'm also not implying the type of sharing relationships more just things in common that make it easier for communication rather than complimentary.

/sigh/

At this point it will be pointless to discuss any further because it will just be an endless loop of confusion. We have very different understanding of fundamentals.

But I will say this -- to me, there are not just valued functions. There are perception functions, how you see the world :)Se:/:Ni:/:Si:/:Ne:) and there are judging functions, what you make of the world; how you decide to go about those perceptions :)Te:/:Fi:/:Fe:/:Ti:).

For the last time, I'm saying that there needs to be a common ground for people to see things the same or similar way for people to remotely get along.

What you are saying is that people from different quadras can get along because their judging/decision-making functions are the same, but let me ask you, how are people going to agree on anything if they make a decision based on totally different perceptions?

And as for socionics, if you think about it, it's basically about communication. The types have their own way of seeing things, whereas the relationships between them say how well they are going to jive because of how they communicate between each other.

I hope I am being clear enough to whoever reads this.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Delta values -Ne, +Fi, +Te and -Si.

Extraverted intuition makes this quadra especially open to seeing and pursuing new possibilities. This quadra more than any other values originality, novelty and new ideas. Alpha quadra does value these aspects too, but because they value Ti instead of Te, the theoretical nature of such posibilities is more interesting for them than the practical application, which can often be a source of stress between the two quadras.
Delta does not want to only discuss their ideas (-Ne), they want to see them become real, they want to see them in work (+Te).
That however does not mean deltas are not idealistic types, they are and must be because of the -Ne, but their +Te also makes them highly ambitious. They want to become professionals and develop their skills in whatever they do.
The worst thing that can happen to delta is to show them limits, because that is the one thing they cannont accept. (-Ne) For them there are no limits to individuality (+Fi) and no limits to personal (+Fi) and professional growth (+Te).
Because expectations of society mean only little to them, they create they own expectations they put on themselves in whatever they find important (+Fi) and these expectations can be very idealistic (-Ne), goal oriented (+Te), moralistic (+Fi) or even of an aesthetic nature (-Si).
Deltas then spend their life dedicated to their goals (+Te), ideals (-Ne) and emotions (+Fi), pursuing their idea of breaking themselves free on any limitations. That is why they cannot be satisfied with being avarage, they need to proove that limitations that exist for other people does not exist for them. (-Ne)
Unlike betas who are ambitious because they want to gain power or social status they find such things to be just another limit they need to break themselves free from.
Delta types value harmony, peace and comfort (-Si) which is why types of this quadra even when very ambitious and goal oriented are more subtle than gamma, that values Se over Si.
-Si makes delta more calm in how they present their energy. They also are conflict avoidant, because they do not like disturbance in their comfort so they rarely throw themselves in an open conflict.
They have live and let live attitude (-Si) and also (+Fi), they want to preserve their own sense of hamorny and they wish to find their inner sense of peace in calm and cozy enviroment where they can be alone or with the special few they select.

Delta can seem as subtle and even submissive to some types who are more agressive, but deltas simply want to do their own thing, according to their own sense of right or wrong and in harmony with their sense of ideal and goal and they expect the same from others.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Is that not what I am saying, but condensed and without jargon?
[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION], what do you think?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think he's asking why you're privileging judging functions over perceiving functions as far as evaluating ease of relationships is concerned.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
/sigh/

At this point it will be pointless to discuss any further because it will just be an endless loop of confusion. We have very different understanding of fundamentals.

But I will say this -- to me, there are not just valued functions. There are perception functions, how you see the world :)Se:/:Ni:/:Si:/:Ne:) and there are judging functions, what you make of the world; how you decide to go about those perceptions :)Te:/:Fi:/:Fe:/:Ti:).

For the last time, I'm saying that there needs to be a common ground for people to see things the same or similar way for people to remotely get along.

What you are saying is that people from different quadras can get along because their judging/decision-making functions are the same, but let me ask you, how are people going to agree on anything if they make a decision based on totally different perceptions?

And as for socionics, if you think about it, it's basically about communication. The types have their own way of seeing things, whereas the relationships between them say how well they are going to jive because of how they communicate between each other.

I hope I am being clear enough to whoever reads this.

I think he's asking why you're privileging judging functions over perceiving functions as far as evaluating ease of relationships is concerned.

Yah I think the problem here is just plain simple using different terminology. It has been the root cause of many a confusion esp in socionics with it's Russian/Language translations.

In answer, the reason being; because I was evaluating a particular system. I only chose the Fe/Fi (judging) functions as those seem to ring truer in my personal experience.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is that not what I am saying, but condensed and without jargon?

[MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION], what do you think?

Yeah, I think both descriptions are accurate, but [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION]'s description focused more on certain functions mainly Ne and Te. I think she may have a point about "comfortable atmosphere" being alpha but I think you didn't mean in the sense of emotional atmosphere and she may have misunderstood you.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alpha -- childhood
Beta -- adolescence
Gamma -- adulthood
Delta -- maturity

Alpha -- Spring / Earth
Beta -- Summer / Fire
Gamma --Autumn / Water
Delta --Winter / Air

The Three Gunas: How to Balance Your Consciousness

(experimental)

Alpha -- Sattwic and Rajasic
Beta -- Tamasic and Rajasic
Gamma -- Tamasic
Delta -- Sattwic and Tamasic

Tarot:

Alpha: Pentacles
Beta: Clubs
Gamma: Swords
Delta: Cups

Caste system (experimental and no offense intended):

Alpha: Vaisyas (merchants)
Beta: Shudras (laborers and stock breeders)
Gamma: Kashatryas (warriors and rulers)
Delta: Brahmins (priests)

Last edited: