User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Default INTJs and ESFPs- Similar yet to different - Function analysis

INTJs and ESFPs have all of the same function in reverse order. They can came to conclusion on topics just in a different order. These types are similar because they share all the same function. Where exactly makes them different?

Take a close look at the 5th and 6th function. The 5th function is what people justify in argument when people get stubborn. INTJs use Ne which is inter interconnections to other contexts. When INTJs get stubborn, they'll state why situations are absurd by making interconnections to other contexts. They'll say," What this means... This would be as if..." INTJs uses Ti as their 6th function which is finding faults and inconsistencies. They find faults in rules which are absurd. What motivates INTJs in situations is Ne and Ti which is meaningful behavior and finding faults and inconsistencies.

ESFPs on the other hand use Si and Fe as their 5th and 6th function. When ESFPs get stubborn, they use Si to justify arguments which is recalling past experience. They'll say," What happened last time..." ESFPs will use Fe as their 6th function which considers how other people feel.

The difference between INTJs and ESFPs is that INTJs are focused on intuition and thinking. ESFPs on the other hand are focused and sensing and feeling. The difference I explained is that even though INTJs and ESFPs have the same functions, they don't share the same motives.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Any thoughts from members?
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Any thoughts from members?
    Interestingly if you look at quadras in socionics they share the same values. Both are in the Gamma quadra, both are fiercely loyal and ILI has an appreciation for the SEE way of telling it as it is, I do believe they often find it refreshing.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes Masokissed, Dorito liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Interestingly if you look at quadras in socionics they share the same values. Both are in the Gamma quadra, both are fiercely loyal and ILI has an appreciation for the SEE way of telling it as it is, I do believe they often find it refreshing.
    Nah he's talking about LIIs in his OP... I personally think that LIIs and SEEs have very subtle things in common, but are strong at very opposite things. They also care about very opposing things from each other. I find my interactions with most Ti leads to be frustrating, personally.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

There's an ESFP in my circle of friends, who (for whatever reason) seems to surround himself with quite a few INTJ's, and several are very close with him. From what I can observe they sort of act as a stablizer for his chaos, and his chaos gets the INTJ's moving. The issues come up with the INTJ's manipulating him for their own purposes (he's utterly blind to it).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Masokissed, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

I know an ILI. She's bitchy and sarcastic like me and we share many opinions. We're both very independent and opinionated but we show all of these same traits very differently. I like to push her to see how far I can go and one time she even admitted (in a half-assed "maybe" INTp way, though.) that I was her favorite student; and that's the giveaway for me to keep pushing. If you actually see this stuff in action, duals are clear, but it's not easy to TALK about. And my experience is only platonic so I can't even imagine how better it could be romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Nah he's talking about LIIs in his OP... I personally think that LIIs and SEEs have very subtle things in common, but are strong at very opposite things. They also care about very opposing things from each other. I find my interactions with most Ti leads to be frustrating, personally.
    He meant ILI he just forgot that INTJs have a P in Socionics. He also said Ne and Ti is 5th and 6th for ILI and Si and Fe as 5th and 6th for SEE, when they're 7th and 8th for both.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    He meant ILI he just forgot that INTJs have a P in Socionics. He also said Ne and Ti is 5th and 6th for ILI and Si and Fe as 5th and 6th for SEE, when they're 7th and 8th for both.
    Ohh I misread what he said. Yeah my roommate is an INTP but ILI and it's pretty awesome.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    ah ok, makes more sense holistically... for reference, this might be good a place as any to post this...

(Prob better in the socionics and mbti thread but i forget where that is)
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

maybe this one is more relevant. Fyi lots of pretty colour charts on google images...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think I'm an SFP, and likely ISFP because my critical parent function appears to be Si. Si isn't just "memory"...it's about things being "correct" or "right" in a subjective way that usually relates to learned facts or personal experience. I also hate Si turned critically on me. When I'm calm I'll admit to being incorrect but when fighting I always want to be "right" and will correct people condescendingly. But even as a child I hated being marked wrong on the smallest thing, I took pride in looking good on paper until high school when I just couldn't handle Si criticism anymore at all, I felt it was impossible for me.

ESFP on the other hand criticize with Fe.

I'm kind of mystified as to where you're going with this, it's more about two different systems. This is actually accentuating how they're different not the same.

There are similarities, but I don't think the 5th or 6th functions have anything to do with it. 1-4.

They share the top four.