• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] INTJs and ESFPs- Similar yet to different - Function analysis

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
INTJs and ESFPs have all of the same function in reverse order. They can came to conclusion on topics just in a different order. These types are similar because they share all the same function. Where exactly makes them different?

Take a close look at the 5th and 6th function. The 5th function is what people justify in argument when people get stubborn. INTJs use Ne which is inter interconnections to other contexts. When INTJs get stubborn, they'll state why situations are absurd by making interconnections to other contexts. They'll say," What this means... This would be as if..." INTJs uses Ti as their 6th function which is finding faults and inconsistencies. They find faults in rules which are absurd. What motivates INTJs in situations is Ne and Ti which is meaningful behavior and finding faults and inconsistencies.

ESFPs on the other hand use Si and Fe as their 5th and 6th function. When ESFPs get stubborn, they use Si to justify arguments which is recalling past experience. They'll say," What happened last time..." ESFPs will use Fe as their 6th function which considers how other people feel.

The difference between INTJs and ESFPs is that INTJs are focused on intuition and thinking. ESFPs on the other hand are focused and sensing and feeling. The difference I explained is that even though INTJs and ESFPs have the same functions, they don't share the same motives.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any thoughts from members?

Interestingly if you look at quadras in socionics they share the same values. Both are in the Gamma quadra, both are fiercely loyal and ILI has an appreciation for the SEE way of telling it as it is, I do believe they often find it refreshing.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interestingly if you look at quadras in socionics they share the same values. Both are in the Gamma quadra, both are fiercely loyal and ILI has an appreciation for the SEE way of telling it as it is, I do believe they often find it refreshing.

Nah he's talking about LIIs in his OP... I personally think that LIIs and SEEs have very subtle things in common, but are strong at very opposite things. They also care about very opposing things from each other. I find my interactions with most Ti leads to be frustrating, personally.

á´…eparted

passages
There's an ESFP in my circle of friends, who (for whatever reason) seems to surround himself with quite a few INTJ's, and several are very close with him. From what I can observe they sort of act as a stablizer for his chaos, and his chaos gets the INTJ's moving. The issues come up with the INTJ's manipulating him for their own purposes (he's utterly blind to it).

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know an ILI. She's bitchy and sarcastic like me and we share many opinions. We're both very independent and opinionated but we show all of these same traits very differently. I like to push her to see how far I can go and one time she even admitted (in a half-assed "maybe" INTp way, though.) that I was her favorite student; and that's the giveaway for me to keep pushing. If you actually see this stuff in action, duals are clear, but it's not easy to TALK about. And my experience is only platonic so I can't even imagine how better it could be romantically.

Nah he's talking about LIIs in his OP... I personally think that LIIs and SEEs have very subtle things in common, but are strong at very opposite things. They also care about very opposing things from each other. I find my interactions with most Ti leads to be frustrating, personally.

He meant ILI he just forgot that INTJs have a P in Socionics. He also said Ne and Ti is 5th and 6th for ILI and Si and Fe as 5th and 6th for SEE, when they're 7th and 8th for both.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He meant ILI he just forgot that INTJs have a P in Socionics. He also said Ne and Ti is 5th and 6th for ILI and Si and Fe as 5th and 6th for SEE, when they're 7th and 8th for both.

Ohh I misread what he said. Yeah my roommate is an INTP but ILI and it's pretty awesome.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ah ok, makes more sense holistically... for reference, this might be good a place as any to post this...

A20OelYLi56Xcz13585kWc1DZpA32XS-HBfk7AKMZMtZGOWT4Maqph8WqpIhV6cUcAvhe3I76AxNQDFo_XFYGS-QX11Oq7zY6BKO6zOcKU0Ke7RXxyr7-UlZoWHMJvyBRWuRl24

tumblr_m8ocyuwmmY1rrk27b.png

(Prob better in the socionics and mbti thread but i forget where that is)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
maybe this one is more relevant. Fyi lots of pretty colour charts on google images...

typerelationshipstable.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think I'm an SFP, and likely ISFP because my critical parent function appears to be Si. Si isn't just "memory"...it's about things being "correct" or "right" in a subjective way that usually relates to learned facts or personal experience. I also hate Si turned critically on me. When I'm calm I'll admit to being incorrect but when fighting I always want to be "right" and will correct people condescendingly. But even as a child I hated being marked wrong on the smallest thing, I took pride in looking good on paper until high school when I just couldn't handle Si criticism anymore at all, I felt it was impossible for me.

ESFP on the other hand criticize with Fe.

I'm kind of mystified as to where you're going with this, it's more about two different systems. This is actually accentuating how they're different not the same.

There are similarities, but I don't think the 5th or 6th functions have anything to do with it. 1-4.

They share the top four.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Can someone be critical with both? I'm most critical with Fe because it drives me crazy, but I kinda get that Si criticism you're talking about too. Unless I'm mistaking it with my Ti PoLR.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Lol I think I criticize with Te??? I'm ESFP tho. Like you want to see a Te smackdown? Wrong me in some way and you will get it. Like I can be diplomatic and shit most of the time but. Sometimes. You're gonna get it. Don't interact with me before 8 am and before I've had at least one cup of coffee. Lol...

But more seriously, I've had to deliver harsh news to employees or contractors or whatever and I'm able to do it pretty well with Te, it doesn't bother me and I don't struggle with it. Te HA?

foxonstilts

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
3w8
This is a good thread. INTJ and ESFP have more of the same values and thinking processes than an INTJ and an INTP and this is often overlooked in the typology world because SFs suck in the internet bubble.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
This is a good thread. INTJ and ESFP have more of the same values and thinking processes than an INTJ and an INTP and this is often overlooked in the typology world because SFs suck in the internet bubble.

If you mean values as in valued functions, sure. But in the conventional sense, personal values are highly individual and not something you could say any two people would share based on type. Like I can tell you right now, I'm very unlikely to share values with an ILI Christian/Muslim. No offense.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you mean values as in valued functions, sure. But in the conventional sense, personal values are highly individual and not something you could say any two people would share based on type. Like I can tell you right now, I'm very unlikely to share values with an ILI Christian/Muslim. No offense.

I think quadra values is what is being highlighted as ILI & SEE belong to Gamma. Not personal values.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's an ESFP in my circle of friends, who (for whatever reason) seems to surround himself with quite a few INTJ's, and several are very close with him. From what I can observe they sort of act as a stablizer for his chaos, and his chaos gets the INTJ's moving. The issues come up with the INTJ's manipulating him for their own purposes (he's utterly blind to it).

Do you regularly see ill-considered attempts by the INTJs?

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you regularly see ill-considered attempts by the INTJs?

Not in my experience. Things change over time, but I found the INTJs I deal with to be almost brutally honest, which I much appreciate. If those I know promise something, they mean it. And even if they don't deliver, they meant it at the time. I'm sure there are deceitful INTJs out there, but so far I lucked out.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not in my experience. Things change over time, but I found the INTJs I deal with to be almost brutally honest, which I much appreciate. If those I know promise something, they mean it. And even if they don't deliver, they meant it at the time. I'm sure there are deceitful INTJs out there, but so far I lucked out.

How often do you run into INTJs?