• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] Why INTJ and INTP aren't really alike- Function analysis.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
INTP and INTJ look nearly identical to the outside observer. INTJ and INTP both have the same stereotype to be the absent minded intellectual nerd. They appear to be the same person. However, in actuality, they're not alike at all.

The sixth function is known as the critical parent function. The sixth function is the hardest to use for both individuals. The negative part of INTP and INTJ interaction is that their first function is the hardest to understand for each other. INTJ have a hard time understanding introverted thinking which is finding faults and inconsistencies. INTP have trouble understanding introverted intuition which foresees implications,transformations, and likely effects.

The reason I told you is because they're not really alike at all. INTJ don't get Ti. INTP's don't get Ni

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel the same with istp/istj.

KitchenFly

I agree that most INTP's don't get or have a hard time getting Ni but the 5w4 with a tritype 5w4 2w1 8w9 gets Ni extremely well especially the So/Sx because the So component sits on Point:7 and and point Severn connects with Point:1 , 7w6 goes to 1w9 the ambidextrous S&N type.

Further more the 5w4 2w1 8w9 tritype has a special balance within between the 8w9 and 2w1 at the second third and fourth functions.

2w1 has Si as its second preferred function and Ni as third preferred function.
8w9 has Ni as its second preferred function and Si as third preferred function.

Both 2w1 and 8w9 have Ti as it fourth preferred function.

So as you can see the similarly is is idea for the 5w4 2w1 8w9 and 5w4 8w9 2w1. A note worth example of this tritype with the stacking So/Sx/Sp is Russ Hudson.

A further point to add is that the the 1w9 is the type that has the ambidextrous S&N with is a second function Si&Ni.

But yes in general unless the 5w4 develops Ni they can have difficulties with being stressed and reclusive.

The 6w5 has a different difficulty it in fact has contact with Ni in one of its wings the wing associated with mood, the Severn wing for the 6w5 witch is 7w8. The 7w8 second preference is Ni.

The primer difficulty for the 6w5 is finding the correct balance and holding it witch requires connecting with the 5w6 via the 8w7. The reson being is that the 5w6 holds the ambidextrous T&F being ambidextrous Te&Fe.

Why is this important and a struggle? There are many obstacles and tempting distractions in the way as short cuts to contentment. I will not get into that other than to say one distraction can be friend ships with INFJ's if not productive and with a health conches mutual focus.

But more to the point, les look at the complexity the 6w5 faces.

Conches agenda is associated with the 6w5's five wing 5w4 and it's first function is Ti second preferred function is Ne and third prefers function is Se and four prefers function is Fe.

Conches mood is associated with the 6w5's Severn wing 7w8 and it's first function is Te and second preferred function is function is Ni and third prefers function is Si and fourth preferred function is Fi.

6w5 can be seen locked in mind as if they are viewing something focused more intently than most At times and it is understandable because of the unequal equal unique balances Ti - Te , Ne - Ni , Se - Si , Fe - Fi . And so for example Sx/So/Sp 6w5's can become frustrated finding the balance they seek instinctively because the ambidextrous Fi&Ti associated with Point:5 the 5w6 first preference conflicts because the fourth function of the Severn wing associated with mood for the 6w5 Sx/So or 6w5w7 Sx/So/Sp Fi contrasts with the agenda focused five wing for the Sx/So 6w5. In other words agenda and instinct and Ti and Te kinda get muddled up for the individual.

But other 6w5w7 types may not have such difficulties or advantages as the example given because when the 6w5 Sx/So let's go and trust magic can happen they can be very dynamic and amazingly in balanced. And also the other 6w5w7's, when they find the balance between the contrasts they can to excel in many ways, intellectually and via personification in there own way of instinctual expression.

An important question still remains. With these fresh concept in mind and reliving that there are twelve variables at play with in each set, the 5w4w6 and the 6w5w7 what ordering sequences may apply for each of the two types mentioned when considering the variant head structures.

There must be twelve dynamic key actions for not gut the two types we have talked about the INTP's and INTJ's, but all eighteen subtypes.

That is a complex puzzle, a puzzle that is work within my mind at present along with other patterns.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer socionics to MBTI, but I think the system has muddled the differences between TiNe and NiTe.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is why I found it confusing that there are some people that retype themselves between the P/J dichotomy, NI and TI aren't even polarizing, they are totally unrelated to each other.

KitchenFly

This is why I found it confusing that there are some people that retype themselves between the P/J dichotomy, NI and TI aren't even polarizing, they are totally unrelated to each other.

Ni is Ni and Ti is Ti they are two functions, they don't have to be polarising as you feel they should be. They are simply two different lens. We all us Ni and we all us Ti every day. Lift a cup with your hand and you have used Ti chose how hard or gently you would like to place the cup on a serf ace and you have utilised the uses of Ni.

Don't get stuck in one pattern of how things work decades there are many patterns of how the same things work. How many different ball games use the same shape wall? Those game all have different rules and similar rules over shaped fields and rectangle shaped playing surfaces.

The brain has if I recall correctly 368 acids, we have eight cognitive functions plus an additional two, so how they combine differently in multiple function patterns and are organise in interpreting function function patters varies.

I would suggest that the two additional cognitive functions ambidextrous Si & Ni and ambidextrous Ti & Fi will have something to do with three parts two fluid parts and eight stable fixed parts as a dynamic regulating system. The eight stable parts I think will connect with the Eight Sections Zones for the eight Master Genes, and the fluid parts I think will be the Hart and the Brain.

The Hart generates an electromagnetic field that reaches out over 100cm from the hart.

The eight master genes zones stack sequentially one on top of the other from the bottom of the feet consecutively to the top of the head in even portions and each of the eight master genes is responsible for the growth of new cells and ordering and regulation of what happen within those eight zones. Every cell in the body has all eight master genes within it.

The Brain Bose all the things the brain dose in regulating the hole body and it links with the hart and relays information.

So I think one day the sciences like phycology eventually will work out the two ambidextrous types as I have recorded and will link them to the three part dynamic as I have. The Hart Brain and Eight Master Genes.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well I'm married to an INTJ and I seem to be better with problems with the here and now, while she's busy working out what to do in the future. So yeah, it makes sense.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The downside of this relationship is that the first function is hard to understand. It may feel like playing mental gymnastics. However, I do like how smart INTJs are despite our dislike in commutation. Quasi-identical and identity relationship which is INTJ and INTP is may liked relationship.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
They have all the same functions in all the same dimensionalities, the valuation varies though obviously.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
With Ti-Ne and Ni-Te could it be that either dichotomy can create an ersatz version of the other meaning the actual functions get ignored? I'm feeling as if I have to do this more lately as my work is more supervisory now. I found out I like giving orders and organising others, but I'm still getting experience at this sort of thing.