Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Humour by Quadra, Post here

If you know you quadra's style of humour or another quadra's well please post your explanations, examples, clips etc here...

I realise that there is a huge difference between Delta and Beta style of humour.. they both have difficulty understanding the other and Delta find Beta humour quite repulsive (in general), whereas Beta find Delta humour too tame/unadventurous/stupid...

I think Delta really quite enjoy quirky off beat humour... maybe stand ups like eddie izzard...

IMO Beta like in yo face harsh humour like silicon valley

complete generalisations, i'm sure plenty would disagree on a personal level... shall try to come back to tidy this up and give a more coherent explanation... but for now a couple of clips...

eddie izzard...(delta)

silicon valley (beta)

"We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    STP

I prefer the delta one, beta one well....it's to real sometimes...and kinda pathetic and pathetic is not funny. Well, I like the i hate my life by theory of a deadman because the guys sounds so pathetic it's funny. But I think it aligns more with delta humor as you posted. I just don't know if it was meant to be funny...lol
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes Betty Blue liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I'd like more examples.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf
    Likes MDP2525 liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    I'd like more examples.
    Oh which quadra?
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Delta one is funnier, but I like both.

They aren't either what I find the most hysterical though. The stuff I'd find absolutely hilarious would be a lot of the humour in RWBY and the Scary Movie series, and also stuff like This, this, and this.

(Second link contains a fairly realistic attempted suicide depiction, so be forewarned. XD)

As for what type that connects to, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts. XD Theoretically I'm in the Alpha Quadra.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

All of them.

I didn't find either example funny. The first lost my interest a minute through, and I wasn't at all engaged by the content he chose. The second may have been decently funny in the context of the film, but I didn't *feel* anything towards the characters. If I actually gave a crap about why the physical actions took place, maybe it would have made more sense. I only really enjoy it when it is a despicable character getting their just deserts in that fashion, after being long overdue.
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i think i'm into a wide variety of humor, but my favorite is probably awkward cringe comedy. people in uncomfortable social situations.

this is my new favorite show. people i've recommended it to are either really into it or think it's too painful to watch.

idk what quadra I am though?!?
    Likes Reborn Relic, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    All of them.

I didn't find either example funny. The first lost my interest a minute through, and I wasn't at all engaged by the content he chose. The second may have been decently funny in the context of the film, but I didn't *feel* anything towards the characters. If I actually gave a crap about why the physical actions took place, maybe it would have made more sense. I only really enjoy it when it is a despicable character getting their just deserts in that fashion, after being long overdue.
    Maybe post something you find funny? The specific examples will not appeal to everybody hence the disclaimer, it's more the style that I was trying to example but maybe thats a little lost. Silicon valley was the second example, you could watch a longer vid if you are not sure about it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

I recently found that I enjoy the show Rick and Morty, for instance. It stretches my imagination, keeps me engaged with new possibilities and makes me piece ideas together. The show fills you with questions and is entertaining at the same time.

I'll definitely post again when I think of more examples.
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

Likes Masokissed, Betty Blue liked this post

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

I love comedy that isn't overtly trying to be hilarious every single second rather than building up to something greater. I'll offer examples at a better time.

Though I do absolutely love the show King of the Hill which is on a tier of its own And may or may not follow the above rule. :P
    Likes chickpea liked this post