• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Se and Si

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se --> power, authority, hierarchies, control

Si --> comfort, aesthetics, pleasure

What do they have in common?
How is orientation their only difference?

This part of the theory is not very clear to me.

Edit: sorry if it was confusing. I should have used :Si: and :Se:.

Last edited:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Control I would somewhat associate with Se, power would be kinda, not really hierarchy, authority...we don't like stupid people in control. I think that is our biggest authority hangup. Put stupid people in control and we will end up with authority, put non-stupid people in control and we could careless about authority.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I think the Si description is spot on. I've kind of stepped away from this site and the usage of the internet for the past few months, as much as I could, and had to deal with some very difficult situations in the process. As a consequence, I think my Si has developed to some extent. I've become more attuned to sensations and especially the way my body feels about something. It's been an interesting experience, like an entirely different part of my brain is online.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't really agree with this, and don't think it lines up with Si or Se as cognitive processes.

I don't know many human beings who don't enjoy comfort and pleasure, though I'll grant there's a chunk who don't really care about aesthetics -- but I don't think that's exclusive to Si.

Edit: oops, this is socionics. No wonder it makes no sense. :laugh:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't really agree with this, and don't think it lines up with Si or Se as cognitive processes.

I don't know many human beings who don't enjoy comfort and pleasure, though I'll grant there's a chunk who don't really care about aesthetics -- but I don't think that's exclusive to Si.

Edit: oops, this is socionics. No wonder it makes no sense. :laugh:

Oh...socionics, my bad too

Pinina

MBTI Type
ESTJ
What's common about them is that they both see what is, compared to intuition which sees what is not.
Se sees objectively what is, Si subjectively.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But how is establishing hierarchies and authority related to seeing "what is" objectively?

Also, why is Se oriented towards the subjects of reality (people and social structures) aot the objects? Shouldn't it be oriented towards the whole of reality?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's common about them is that they both see what is, compared to intuition which sees what is not.
Se sees objectively what is, Si subjectively.

This is a good place to start from in terms of Se/Si.
[MENTION=19890]robowolf[/MENTION] this thread will naturally get a bit muddled because these functions will be explained through other functions. I have Se. I can tell you how it manifests but it will be different from an ESTP explaining it. Either way, functions are colored by other function lenses to produce detailed explanations.

Otherwise, you'll have to rely on a bit of generic "all encompassing" definitions that don't hold up to cohesive continuity under scrutiny.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a good place to start from in terms of Se/Si.
[MENTION=19890]robowolf[/MENTION] this thread will naturally get a bit muddled because these functions will be explained through other functions. I have Se. I can tell you how it manifests but it will be different from an ESTP explaining it. Either way, functions are colored by other function lenses to produce detailed explanations.

Otherwise, you'll have to rely on a bit of generic "all encompassing" definitions that don't hold up to cohesive continuity under scrutiny.

Love your wording of bolded part

giorgaros2

MBTI Type
ENTP
As a Ne dom i am currently trying to get in touch with my inferior function so i have noticed that i use Si when i stop using Ne that means when i stop exploring new things.That means that Si cares for that which is already known.It is very difficult seperating Si from Je but if i tried i would say that Si
perceives stuff from memory (the classic definition is the best). It is static that means that without Ne it can't change, and is quite literally you subjective version/opinion of reality.
Si is manifested in two ways ,
mental:This is the most obvious, it is what you know about reality(your subjective view) , for example everything you know about football is your subjective view of football ,its like your version of reality in you head i dont know hwo to say it , like the theory of forms of plato.

physical: This is when you have a subjective view of the outside world like how your house looks , or your daily routine , how you should live your day,
etc. etc. how something should look and you use Je to bridge it with reality.

Because Si users lack Se they have a thing for comfort though but thats not because of Si thats because they have low Se so the need for stimulus
from the senses is reuced.

Se is like Si directed outside , it is static , doesnt provide much new info in the psyche ,Se is experience, its experiencing things on the outside and generally doesnt care if what it perceives is the same thing over and over.Se wants to be fully involved with the objective outside reality, while Si is involved with the subjective reality.

Russian

MBTI Type
enfp

to explain the theoretical language?
in socionics "Si" is "my subjective experience" (example: "I like the taste of fresh blood") and "Se" is "objective sensation" (example: "blood has a metallic taste"). "Se" is removed from the subject, it operates obvious feelings common to all people, "Si" is "my taste", "my comfort" and nothing matters except my inner world. "Si" is removed from the objects, for "Si" is more valuable to the world of inner feelings, it is more multi-faceted and deep.
Ultimately, the typology manifestation of these two functions is:
Si-type is such a sensitiv looks calm, pensive, peaceful, kind, caring.
Se-type is such a sensitiv, which looks determined, strong-willed, active.