User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default ISFp= which MBTI type

I'm confused of my MBTI type because I can't decide to go of the overall type descriptions or the functions. Socionics ISFp describes me more than any other personality description. What would that translate into in MBTI? It's really strange because while I can relate to the overall ISFP description in MBTI, I cannot relate to the functions. While I relate to the functions of ISFJ in MBTI, I don't like the description as much. I'm not spontaneous like the SPs. I like routine, yet I'm very much into my sensory experiences.

What do you think?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the Sun View Post
    I'm confused of my MBTI type because I can't decide to go of the overall type descriptions or the functions. Socionics ISFp describes me more than any other personality description. What would that translate into in MBTI? It's really strange because while I can relate to the overall ISFP description in MBTI, I cannot relate to the functions. While I relate to the functions of ISFJ in MBTI, I don't like the description as much. I'm not spontaneous like the SPs. I like routine, yet I'm very much into my sensory experiences.

What do you think?
    I think the descriptions of the subtypes can be somewhat more accurate than the general type descriptions, but I don't understand the Socionics system to say anything about the functions or how they interact. In MBTI I'm an INFJ, but in Socionics I've tested as ENTj, ENFj, ENFp, and ISTj. I can relate to the INFp description, but the ENFj description is somewhat more accurate so I consider myself an ENFj.

Socionics does seem much less 'fluid' a system than MBTI because it offers physical descriptions and facial characteristics.

TL;DR: MBTI and Socionics are two different systems

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Meh bullshit, they are not that different. I mean there are visible differences, but not as much of them as most of the people think. ISFp uses Si+Fe functions which correlates with MBTI ISFJ. I'd say about 90% of ISFps are ISFJs in MBTI and the rest might maybe be ISFPs and INFPs.
    4w3-7w6-1w9 so/sx
    Likes TreeBob, chubber, an hero liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yeah, they are different, but it seems that if the wording was slightly different they would be the same. I'm having a difficult time spitting it out, but what I'm trying to say is that I feel like a "P" in both systems, mainly because I don't see myself as a traditionalist as described by Keirsey, but I'm not out chasing sensory experiences either, like the ISFP. I am very attuned to senses as they happen to me.

I guess other people could see me as a traditionalist if they define a traditionalist as someone that likes routine, doesn't like unexpected surprises, or trying new things(I sometimes do though, it makes life fun) and not as someone who is politically conservative or religious(I am neither). I trust my senses.

Keirsey was the best and worst thing to happen to Jungian typology.

To quote Hogwarts Professor Spock, you must unlearn what you have learned
    Likes TreeBob, Oaky, Bush Did 9/11, Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Keirsey was the best and worst thing to happen to Jungian typology.

To quote Hogwarts Professor Spock, you must unlearn what you have learned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the Sun View Post
    Yeah, they are different, but it seems that if the wording was slightly different they would be the same. I'm having a difficult time spitting it out, but what I'm trying to say is that I feel like a "P" in both systems, mainly because I don't see myself as a traditionalist as described by Keirsey, but I'm not out chasing sensory experiences either, like the ISFP. I am very attuned to senses as they happen to me.

I guess other people could see me as a traditionalist if they define a traditionalist as someone that likes routine, doesn't like unexpected surprises, or trying new things(I sometimes do though, it makes life fun) and not as someone who is politically conservative or religious(I am neither). I trust my senses.
    I agree with starcrash. Keirsey brought his version of Jungian theory to the masses with his books, but I feel like a lot of his theory is flawed. It certainly doesn't jive with MBTI. Socionics is complicated and ISFp (actually SEI in Socionics) and all the other types don't really exist. That was some dudes way of correlating to MBTI to gain exposure to the Russian version of Jungian interpretation. I won't come out and say which system is correct, but I will say stop reading all the theories and try to concentrate on the Jungian cognitive functions themselves. After you find that out you will have your MBTI.

Socionics ≠ MBTI ≠ Keirsey
    3 systems based off of Carl Jung's theories.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    I agree with starcrash. Keirsey brought his version of Jungian theory to the masses with his books, but I feel like a lot of his theory is flawed. It certainly doesn't jive with MBTI. Socionics is complicated and ISFp (actually SEI in Socionics) and all the other types don't really exist. That was some dudes way of correlating to MBTI to gain exposure to the Russian version of Jungian interpretation. I won't come out and say which system is correct, but I will say stop reading all the theories and try to concentrate on the Jungian cognitive functions themselves. After you find that out you will have your MBTI.

Socionics ≠ MBTI ≠ Keirsey
    3 systems based off of Carl Jung's theories.
    This theory stuff is making me dizzy anyways. It's important not to get too hung on Jung.
    Likes themightyfetus, dog liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

It looks like most ISFps converted as ISFJ into MBTI: MBTI and Socionics Type Conversion Polls

You might also want to look into Reinin dichotomies, besides reading through type descriptions, to double-check your type in Socionics: Reinin dichotomies - Wikisocion
    Last edited by sulfit; 09-13-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Likes Fun in the Sun liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

People who directly translate it don't know the changes. They're charmed by how things look similar.

Learn the three letter code and identify yourself by that instead of worrying about translating the 4 letter code into MBTI