User Tag List

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default Discovering Socionics- Most Valid and Reliable Online Assesments and Determining Type

Been exploring socionics recently by taking several tests to find out which type fits. Even though I have selected EII based off of two tests I have taken on Socionics.com with the Turbo test and the word choice selection test. I've taken both Socionics tests on Sociotype.com, which has given me results for either LII (INTj) or ILI (INTp). Which would be the most reliable and valid test out there to use to determine type? Is it possible to have variance between Socionics type and MBTI type?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Been exploring socionics recently by taking several tests to find out which type fits. Even though I have selected EII based off of two tests I have taken on Socionics.com with the Turbo test and the word choice selection test. I've taken both Socionics tests on Sociotype.com, which has given me results for either LII (INTj) or ILI (INTp). Which would be the most reliable and valid test out there to use to determine type? Is it possible to have variance between Socionics type and MBTI type?
    Study and read up on model A, understand how the functions are defined (not the MBTI use of the word) and how they work together with the information elements.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Study and read up on model A, understand how the functions are defined (not the MBTI use of the word) and how they work together with the information elements.
    Thanks. I've noticed variances in results between the online tests I've taken, but exploring Model A as the basis behind Socionics will help create a better understanding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    Thanks. I've noticed variances in results between the online tests I've taken, but exploring Model A as the basis behind Socionics will help create a better understanding.
    Online tests are never really accurate, imo. They can be used as a start to narrow things down with, but nothing more than that.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Entropic View Post
    Online tests are never really accurate, imo. They can be used as a start to narrow things down with, but nothing more than that.
    Yeah, I notice way too much variance with them. One test gives me ILI, another LII, then LIE, then a couple going for EII and IEI. Best to cut to the chase and go for studying the functions and type descriptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

― Friedrich Nietzsche